BoatGuy

New Guy Monmouth County

On 11/2/2018 at 6:16 PM, BoatGuy said:

Quick introduction.  Born and raised in Hudson County and moved to Monmouth about five years ago after getting out of the Navy.  Look forward to being involved in the site and hopefully make some acquaintances.  

What did you do in the Navy?

Former submariner here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

What did you do in the Navy?

Former submariner here. 

I went in an AO but crossrated to BM to get into the small boat community.  What years did you serve?  I was in 03-11, served in Iraq and Kuwait.  

1 minute ago, BoatGuy said:

I went in an AO but crossrated to BM to get into the small boat community.  What years did you serve?  I was in 03-11, served in Iraq and Kuwait.  

‘87-99. Did 2 attack submarines out of San Diego. 

• Like 1

Nice!  Don’t know how you guys do it.  I always wanted to go on a sub, maybe for a day or two.  I’d love to experience an emergency surfacing.  But I think I’d go stir crazy down there for extended periods.  Heard you guys eat real well though.  

3 hours ago, BoatGuy said:

Well, unfortunately I’m a vegan so... haha just breaking balls. That would be horrible!  Grew up in Taylor Ham country but since migrating south of NJ’s Mason Dixon line, I’ve become a pork roll guy.  Just makes more sense to call it by what it is rather than the brand.  

Well, at the risk of being banned by Peel, I'll say it's PORK ROLL, lol!

In addition to IDPA, I'm also ranked in USPSA.  I don't shoot as much Steel as I'd like to.  And I'm a DX in Black Powder too.

Tomorrow Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol (outdoor range off Rt. 516 in Old Bridge) will be doing Static Steel (the most FUN with yer clothes still on), Clay Birds w/ shotguns (sorta Sporting Clays), and Black Powder.  Non-members are welcome to come & shoot for $20!  I can PM you directions if yer interested in checking us out.  Both Central Jersey in Jackson & OBRPC hold competitions in various shooting disciplines.  As a Match Director & league Co-Chair for Old Bridge, I know all of the disciplines & who runs them at Old Bridge.

Welcome to the Forums!

Rosey

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, cloud and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, shoes and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, shoes, outdoor and nature

• Like 1