Jump to content
BoatGuy

New Guy Monmouth County

Recommended Posts

Welcome aboard, BoatGuy!

Do keep an eye on the "events" forum - it provides opportunities to meet fellow posters face-to-face. For instance, there's a clay shoot coming up next weekend, 11/10, in Clinton, NJ. No shotgun needed... plenty of loaners. :)

So, what do you like to shoot? Into competitions? BTW, if there are guns or shooting sports you've been thinking of trying, I recommend you mention it on here... you'll find that our posters are very knowledgeable and quick to help out and extend offers to guest you in at ranges, etc. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Welcome aboard, BoatGuy!

Do keep an eye on the "events" forum - it provides opportunities to meet fellow posters face-to-face. For instance, there's a clay shoot coming up next weekend, 11/10, in Clinton, NJ. No shotgun needed... plenty of loaners. :)

So, what do you like to shoot? Into competitions? BTW, if there are guns or shooting sports you've been thinking of trying, I recommend you mention it on here... you'll find that our posters are very knowledgeable and quick to help out and extend offers to guest you in at ranges, etc. 

Hey Mrs. Peel,

Thanks for all the info.  I shoot recreationally.  I used to belong to Cherry Ridge but after the kids were born I just didnt have much time.  Theyre a little older now so it’s easier to get away for a few hours.  I currently belong to Range 14 down at Ft Dix.  Lately I’m getting really into the idea of competition shooting, but don’t have the first clue on how or where to start.  I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for the meet and greets.  Thanks again and hope all is well. 

 

Joe

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, first of all - Ignore @Scorpio64 - it's Taylor Ham - and I am quite capable of banning any knuckle-dragging heathen who says otherwise! You have been warned.

Secondly, I see @Pizza Bobhas already been "triggered" by my reply - but in a good way, lol. He'll tell you all the in's and out's of IDPA. (Excellent... my plan is working! LOL.)

But, is the defensive shooting the kind of competition you were leaning to? Because, if it's steel, 3-gun, bulls eye, or something else entirely - it would pay to spell it out in this thread, because then other posters will magically come out of the woodwork to give you details on that shooting sport, too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BoatGuy said:

Lately I’m getting really into the idea of competition shooting, but don’t have the first clue on how or where to start.  I’ll definitely keep my eyes open for the meet and greets.  

I started steel matches this year thanks to the recommendations of a few members here. Can’t say enough good things about it and it’s a great way to start off. Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol has public matches every month along with members matches if you decide to join. I haven’t done one yet but I hear bowling pin shoots are a ton of fun too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

OK, first of all - Ignore @Scorpio64 - it's Taylor Ham - and I am quite capable of banning any knuckle-dragging heathen who says otherwise! You have been warned.

Second of all, we tried to address Peel's gross abuse of power by throwing her a blanket party.  When she found out, she got excited, but after she found out what a blanket party really is, she got REALLY excited.  Don't trust a woman who wears leather and likes handcuffs.  She's unhinged.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Second of all, we tried to address Peel's gross abuse of power by throwing her a blanket party.  When she found out she got excited, but after she found out what a blanket party really is, she got REALLY excited.  Don't trust a woman who wears leather and likes handcuffs.  She's unhinged.

I am… speechless.

And for his insolence, @Scorpio64 is hereby... BANNED!!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Welcome to the forum.  How well you will get along here really depends on one thing, porkroll or taylor ham, and it had better be porkroll.

Well, unfortunately I’m a vegan so... haha just breaking balls. That would be horrible!  Grew up in Taylor Ham country but since migrating south of NJ’s Mason Dixon line, I’ve become a pork roll guy.  Just makes more sense to call it by what it is rather than the brand.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BoatGuy said:

Well, unfortunately I’m a vegan so... haha just breaking balls. That would be horrible!  Grew up in Taylor Ham country but since migrating south of NJ’s Mason Dixon line, I’ve become a pork roll guy.  Just makes more sense to call it by what it is rather than the brand.  

Just as I was starting to like you... you had to go and screw it all up! :facepalm:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome from another Monmouth County guy. There’s a few of us here.

And good call on the Pork Roll. You are clearly a man of education and integrity. Plus, it proves you can read.

Sdxsxf2.jpgNow @BoatGuy go here:

https://www.njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/54786-pork-roll-or-taylor-ham/#comment-705026

And vote accordingly.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BoatGuy said:

Well, unfortunately I’m a vegan so... haha just breaking balls. That would be horrible!  Grew up in Taylor Ham country but since migrating south of NJ’s Mason Dixon line, I’ve become a pork roll guy.  Just makes more sense to call it by what it is rather than the brand.  

#Boatguy4mod!!!!!!

Welcome to the show!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • NJGF members in chat (1)



×

Important Information