Babyface Finster

Need to rent a dumpster - recommendations?

Depending on the volume of stuff you need to get rid of, consider the Bagster. Approx 4' x 8' x 3', it's usually about 1/3 or 1/2 the cost of a typical roll off unit. 

If you have a lot of stuff, it's not quite as cost effective or simple.

https://thebagster.com/default.aspx

I have used it several times, and so have some of my customers. Haven't heard negatives from them so far.

Just have to make sure there's clearance above for them to pick it up.

Shop around, you can do better than 500 bucks.

A 10 might be too small.  A 20 yd has sides low enough that you can throw stuff over - that's convenient.

A 30 yd will get everything in with room to spare. You will need to use the gate on the end though since the walls are too high.  Load from the far end first so you aren't stepping over stuff.   Tell them whether you want the door loaded to the rear of the truck or to the front.

I pay a weekly rental fee that is the same for any size dumpster.  That fee is pretty cheap, they don't make much money on the rentals. I pay a transport fee to get the dumpster to me and to have it picked up.  That is the same for all dumpster sizes. Finally, I pay a "tipping fee".  The tipping fee is the charge from the landfill and depends on how heavy the dumpster is.  This is where a 30 yd dumpster costs more than a 10 yd dumpster.

You probably got a container all ready. But I charge the same rates as Montella in Morris County. $225 trucking + tax and $115/ ton. A 10cy 2 tons included, 20cy 4 tons included and 30cy 5 tons included $115/ ton over.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

I pay for my garbage in my town, call up your garbage hauler tell them your an existing client blah blah and ask them how much for one. Ive always gotten a discount because of that, it may be one time only but play the game, you got some prices etc, and you just remembered to give them a call last second before you decided.

Depending on how much crap you need to dump, you may not even need one.

I load junk into my van, and drive it over to a waste transfer station to unload it.

They weigh the truck in and out, and you pay by the pound.

There is a limit as to how many times a year you can do it. However, the calendar year ends soon, so that may work for you if you need to do a few trips.

1 hour ago, Fred2 said:

Depending on how much crap you need to dump, you may not even need one.

I load junk into my van, and drive it over to a waste transfer station to unload it.

They weigh the truck in and out, and you pay by the pound.

There is a limit as to how many times a year you can do it. However, the calendar year ends soon, so that may work for you if you need to do a few trips.

For Morris County I believe you can make 3 trips before needing to leave a $150 deposit. No commerical vehicles. They specifically warn about renting something to transfer your junk.