deerpark

Can I take a firearm from one house to another?

11 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

By owning or renting more than one residence.  I have friends that own 2 or 3, and some even more than that if you include houses they own & rent-out.  

It was a joke.  The law seems to say that you must be moving to transport between residences.  You cannot go from one residence to another if you do not move (in the Newtonian sense).

PLEASE STOP giving opinions on this.  Just read what Rosey (Smokin .50) has posted.  This has been discussed in so many threads over time I have lost track.  Rosey has the right answers, just read them and don't argue.  Let's close this thread.

• Like 3

I think I see what the problem is: there seems to be a typo in the law. I think the way the law was originally conceived, there was probably supposed to be a comma between "another" and "when," that is, "between one place of business or residence and another" and "when moving" were conceived as two different exemptions. But whoever typed up the law accidentally left out the comma, and now it reads "between one place of business or residence and another when moving" so that this represents one exemption. It now says that you have to be moving if you want to move guns between residences, and there is no provision for moving guns between residences. It should read "....between one place of business or residence and another, when moving, ..."

• Like 2