Zeke

USB heated jackets vest etc

3 minutes ago, Brisco said:

Not USB, but I know a few people that have the Milwaukee M12 heated jacket. They love them.  Plus you can charge one battery when using another. They have a few different styles

My son has both the Milwaukee sweat shirt and the jacket. He says they put out a decent amount of heat. Not sure how long he gets off of a charged battery, though.

The 5AH batteries are heavy to lug around when workin' though.
I have a bunch of the milwaukee M12 ones in the warehouse.
If you want to test one out, Zeke, im sure i have an open one you can try on just to see how the heat is. Just don't tell the boss ;) Also, FWIW i think home depot had ones you could try on??
I had a 1st gen one that i got in when we first got into the bidness and it always seemed to suck. Have heard nothing but good things about the new ones though. I may keep one for myself this year.

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

I have some of the 2AH batteries too... those are a lot lighter.  Will power it just not as long

Yep. I can't imagine working with 1 of my "high capacity" Milwaukee batteries in my coat pocket. Would probably uncomfortable as heck. You don't really notice the small 12V milwaukee batteries so its cool. The 18V ones on the other hand you could probably feel.

6 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

Can't imagine the heat would last very long on battery voltage. Whats a USB battery back up put out? 5 volts?  

Voltage is no measure of battery capacity (run time).  Amp hours is the measure of quantity.  I have a couple of 10k mAh batteries that could probably power a usb jacket 8-10 hours no problem.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Darrenf said:

Voltage is no measure of battery capacity (run time).  Amp hours is the measure of quantity.  I have a couple of 10k mAh batteries that could probably power a usb jacket 8-10 hours no problem.

Idk.. they make usb battery back ups/ hand warmers. Why any difference if I put the element into the garment?

cursory shearch of “ the company store..” has a plethora of these garments. Big hang up is if they are washable.

I have a 12v jacket for the MC. It draws 77 watts. @ 6+ amps. and keeps me toastie. A 5 volt jacket @10.5 watts draws about 2 amps. Thats what I meant  by saying with only 5 volts it wouldn't last long. 5 volts available to get 77 watts you'd draw 15+ amps. I hope you're moving around alot if you want to stay warm at 10.5 watts. Maybe thats what they count on cause at 60 mph on a MC you don't move too much and need the extra wattage. A jacket you work in wouldn't maybe need all that much power. Gloves at 10 watts might be nice and warm.

22 hours ago, SmittyMHS said:

I have a 12v jacket for the MC. It draws 77 watts. @ 6+ amps. and keeps me toastie. A 5 volt jacket @10.5 watts draws about 2 amps. Thats what I meant  by saying with only 5 volts it wouldn't last long. 5 volts available to get 77 watts you'd draw 15+ amps. I hope you're moving around alot if you want to stay warm at 10.5 watts. Maybe thats what they count on cause at 60 mph on a MC you don't move too much and need the extra wattage. A jacket you work in wouldn't maybe need all that much power. Gloves at 10 watts might be nice and warm.

Motorcycle ‘s are dangerous!

I have a Milwaukee M12 hoodie and 4 batteries (from other tools as well). They charge faster than they deplete.  They are nice and warm especially if you have another layer to break the wind.  They last for a few hours on high.  There are 3 settings high, medium and low. Obviously they last longer on the lower settings.  Plus the button that controls the setting is color coded red white and blue for each level.  It’s great

• Like 1