Sign in to follow this  
CageFighter

new SCAR 20S

This one i will have to pass on...cant see spending $4500 on what is essentially a 17s that produces slightly better groupings. Honestly i would never buy a 17 at todays prices either. Glad i bought it when i did.  

On 11/7/2018 at 3:26 PM, CageFighter said:

Anyone here pick one up?  Mine was just shipped and undergoing the NJ castration. Reviews are pretty good on accuracy, so I can wait to see for myself. 

Good luck with it...grace us with a range report and pics when you get around to shooting it. 

1 hour ago, Shane45 said:

A 17 may be an MOA rifle for a few rounds but when it heats up that pencil barrel it wont be. Ive never come across a .25 moa semi at any price. 

I had a dpms that printed .4-.6 all day, was stupid accurate.  my buddy's gap is sub .5 but its not 4500.  for 4500 it better outshoot a gap by a wide margin

Now Im not saying this is the case for you :D, but every time someone tells me they have a semi that shoots around .5 moa all day long, it can never do it on the day we spend all day at the range :icon_eek:

A bunch of guys tested this on the hide. 6 5 shot groups at 100. Lots of good shooters with great rifles that struggled to even get to 1 moa. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Shane45 said:

Now Im not saying this is the case for you :D, but every time someone tells me they have a semi that shoots around .5 moa all day long, it can never do it on the day we spend all day at the range :icon_eek:

A bunch of guys tested this on the hide. 6 5 shot groups at 100. Lots of good shooters with great rifles that struggled to even get to 1 moa. 

that's true and I agree with that but I had my reloading buddy work various loads and we found one that was lights out.  Even the gmm was great in it.  DPMS 308 barrels are known for accuracy but I had one that was crazy

we shoot 3 series of 5 shot groups and measure the max and mean moa. 

I also had a dissy I put together with spare parts and that little fker outshot my noveske all day.  Sometimes you just get a little lucky

AR15.com has a moa challenge as well and you see lots of people fail.  All comes down to the shooter, the ammo for the stick imho....

• Like 1

Not to speak for Cagefighter, but since I have done all his work I can easily say he is a fan of the platform. From a viewpoint of having SCAR mags, triggers, accessories etc etc I can see the interest is keeping with the platform. From a price perspective I actually dont find it that bad considering it comes with a $375 trigger already installed. Add the stock, extended rail and barrel and Im betting your probably right there in price over a standard SCAR. But a fan of the SCAR or not, the SCAR platform is a bit unique in absolutely holding their value. Few rifles do that. If the range reports arent internet fluff, then I do find the rifle interesting and viable.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 10:29 AM, Shane45 said:

Not to speak for Cagefighter, but since I have done all his work I can easily say he is a fan of the platform. From a viewpoint of having SCAR mags, triggers, accessories etc etc I can see the interest is keeping with the platform. From a price perspective I actually dont find it that bad considering it comes with a $375 trigger already installed. Add the stock, extended rail and barrel and Im betting your probably right there in price over a standard SCAR. But a fan of the SCAR or not, the SCAR platform is a bit unique in absolutely holding their value. Few rifles do that. If the range reports arent internet fluff, then I do find the rifle interesting and viable.

Yeah but 4500 dollaz!?!