njpilot

Shooting In CA Country Bar

7 hours ago, JHZR2 said:

I guess first question is how did the last AWB go down with that? Weren’t existing mags grandfathered in somehow?  Didn’t large capacity mags still exist in free states? 

Yes, existing mags were grandfathered, regardless of their capacity. They were known as PREBAN (a dirty 6 letter word here in the PRNJ)

From Sept 94 to Sept 04 newly manufactured mags (10 and under) were date stamped by their makers.

my presumption is that if they go for another awb, they'll include mags this time. and they'll try to not grandfather standard capacity mags. think about all the times lately that the perp has used low capacity mags. it's leading up to the upcoming attempt to ban them.

3 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

my presumption is that if they go for another awb, they'll include mags this time. and they'll try to not grandfather standard capacity mags. think about all the times lately that the perp has used low capacity mags. it's leading up to the upcoming attempt to ban them.

Which is why they might try for a complete semi-auto ban instead.

Remember, they want us all back owning single shot muskets, just like what was available when the Constitution was written.

Won't happen federally. There aren't enough RINOS in the Senate to get the 60 needed for cloture. Manchin knows if he votes for any gun control he will be out of a job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Oh no, I better hide my Milwaukee cordless drill too..

At 400 or 500 rpm, you betcha! That DOES mean rounds per minute, right? :sarcastic:

Remember, Milwaukee invented the Sawzall, one of the most fearful weapons ever. Makes sawed off shotguns, and back in 'Nam there was the highly effective S.A.W. !! 

• Like 1

On 11/8/2018 at 5:12 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Liberal Jedi mind tricks.

Change the conversation from the fact he used an illegal mag (and therefore mag bans don’t really work) to he illegally modified a legal gun (therefore so scary, we should just ban guns).

Unfortunately, many dummies reading the NY Post will arrive at that “logical” conclusion.

Knowing HOW to read, ( ie. NY Post), doesn't ensure comprehension. That's why my English lessons in high school were called "reading AND comprehension", they were supposed to teach both. 

Of course, that was 45 years ago,,,,,,,,,who knows what gets taught these last 2 decades.

On 11/8/2018 at 4:20 PM, Zeke said:

Gun free zone?

More like "common sense" free zone.

Oops, apparently the gunman didn't get the memo that the legal limit of mags is 10 rounds. I know, Maybe CA should pass a 5 round limit, yeah, then the criminals will abide by it, right?

...." The suspected Thousand Oaks gunman was carrying seven high-capacity, 30-round magazines when he stormed the Borderline Bar & Grill earlier this month, authorities said. The magazines are illegal to buy or possess in California but easy to attain in neighboring states."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/thousand-oaks-gunman-high-capacity-magazines-illegal-california/story?id=59440205

Yep, reducing the legal mag limit for law abiding citizens really works well to deter mass shootings in the state, right Gov. Murphy?

Now, this just sucks....

THOUSAND OAKS (CBSLA) – Authorities reported Friday that the Ventura County Sheriff’s sergeant killed during the mass shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill last month in Thousand Oaks was struck by friendly fire during a shootout with the gunman.

Sgt. Ron Helus, 54, was struck by five rounds from the suspect’s gun and a sixth round from the rifle of a California Highway Patrol officer. It was that sixth round which struck Helus in the chest and heart and ultimately killed him, authorities reported Friday morning.

“Today I’m deeply saddened to inform you that Sgt. Helus was also struck by a sixth bullet, which we now know through forensic analysis from the FBI’s crime laboratory, was fired from the CHP officer’s rifle,” Sheriff Bill Ayub said at a news conference. “Tragically, that bullet struck vital organs, and was fatal.”

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/12/07/sergeant-killed-in-borderline-shooting-struck-by-friendly-fire/

46 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Now, this just sucks....

THOUSAND OAKS (CBSLA) – Authorities reported Friday that the Ventura County Sheriff’s sergeant killed during the mass shooting at the Borderline Bar & Grill last month in Thousand Oaks was struck by friendly fire during a shootout with the gunman.

Sgt. Ron Helus, 54, was struck by five rounds from the suspect’s gun and a sixth round from the rifle of a California Highway Patrol officer. It was that sixth round which struck Helus in the chest and heart and ultimately killed him, authorities reported Friday morning.

“Today I’m deeply saddened to inform you that Sgt. Helus was also struck by a sixth bullet, which we now know through forensic analysis from the FBI’s crime laboratory, was fired from the CHP officer’s rifle,” Sheriff Bill Ayub said at a news conference. “Tragically, that bullet struck vital organs, and was fatal.”

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/12/07/sergeant-killed-in-borderline-shooting-struck-by-friendly-fire/

That is sad and unfortunate.  

Since Murphy & co implied that this was all due to 80% ghost guns, can we cite them for lying?