njpilot

Ruth Bader Ginsburg Hospitalized

152 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Darrenf said:

At her age any fall can have fatal results.  I don't wish that on anyone.  That said I cannot wait to see the show the democrats put on when Trump replaces her!

He will choose a woman.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Ray Ray said:

He will choose a woman.

Okay.  Doesn't mean that the democrat freakout won't be a highly entertaining show to watch.  Or he could nominate Garland and we get to watch the democrat's heads explode with cognitive dissonance, as they try to denounce him due to him being a Trump nominee.  LOL

2 people like this

27 minutes ago, njpilot said:

Just watching Tom Dupree and he said, after recently arguing a case before her, that unfortunately, mentally she was sharp and quick.

My wife said she read that dear old Ruthie was falling asleep during testimony.

Ummm, folks... some of you sound like a flock of vultures! I don't like many of her rulings... and I'm a bit worried when I see any Supreme snoozing through events, but she's a human being, for God's sake! Let's not be gleefully poised for her demise... it's tasteless to be licking your chops like that.

7 people like this

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

Ummm, folks... some of you sound like a flock of vultures! I don't like many of her rulings... and I'm a bit worried when I see any Supreme snoozing through events, but she's a human being, for God's sake! Let's not be gleefully poised for her demise... it's tasteless to be licking your chops like that.

There is not one post in this thread hoping for her demise.  Don't be a Greenday. ;D

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Ummm, folks... some of you sound like a flock of vultures! I don't like many of her rulings... and I'm a bit worried when I see any Supreme snoozing through events, but she's a human being,

Come on, she's 85 years old. If you were in that court room, would you want her ruling on your important case? She should have retired a decade ago.

2 people like this

4 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I wish her absolutely no ill will. I merely think it's time she stepped down. I hope she recovers, retires, and enjoys her family for years to come. Her rulings may not be in my favor, but that does't reduce her humanity.

But now is as good a time as any to replace her.

3 people like this

Just now, Old Glock guy said:

We pray for her speedy recovery.  And for her long, healthy retirement. 

See? It's not that hard to be dignified. Everyone, let Old Glock Guy be your guide...!

3 people like this

Just now, Mrs. Peel said:

And 345Sire, too!...  :D You both get the Dignified Posters of the Day Award!

Dignified? Me? Ummm, you best withhold judgement til ya see da resta mah yakkin! :slap:

1 minute ago, Mrs. Peel said:

I like Glocks, too... but I own a 1911!  :D

I like Maserati, but I drive a Plymouth minivan.

2 people like this

10 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

I wish her absolutely no ill will. I merely think it's time she stepped down. I hope she recovers, retires, and enjoys her family for years to come. Her rulings may not be in my favor, but that does't reduce her humanity.

But now is as good a time as any to replace her.

Sandra Day O'Connor had the right idea...currently she is 88 (3 years older than RBG); but stepped-down and retired from the Supreme Court in 2005.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It's not her demise that we're cheering on.  It's her retirement.  If, as she's stated, she's going to stay on until a liberal president is in office her demise and retirement are the same thing.

Honestly, she should just retire and live out the rest of her life with her family rather than clinging on with white knuckles until she drops dead as some sort of political stunt.

2 people like this

She won’t retire.  If you seen her recently, she is not at all well.  Stooped over, laboring as you would expect someone her age.  

Sadly, I think they will try to keep her alive as long as possible and hope she can hold out until January 2021.  

Even Breyer is 80 years old now   

Imagine a 7-2 court with Roberts, Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Trump Pick #3, Trump Pick #4 vs Kagan and Sotomayor for the next 10-20 years.

5 people like this