CAL. .30 M1

Beretta 92S (Surplus)

I picked one up about 6 months ago from SouthernOhioGuns with a little help from my FFL.  It's in nice shape and came with a second mag.  Be aware the mag release is on the grip heel so not all later mags may fit.  I shot it once at the range, it felt just like an old stock Beretta but with lousy sights.  For the money it's a decent buy IMO.  A bit of honest wear on the slide and frame but functions 100%.

I grabbed it without really researching the model, with the intention of mounting a RDS on it with a dovetail mounting plate.  Come to find out the early model have a different dovetail that won't work for what I wanted.

For the money it's not worth selling but I probably won't shoot it either.   I'd consider selling it but I'm in NH and it's probably not worth the shipping cost and transfer fee to get it to you. 

• Like 1

I almost bought one myself (I still might, I have a second permit) but I wanted a different model.  Factory Beretta OEM magazines are all cut for the bottom magazine release, so stick with them.  

They are shooters and there are tons of them out there.   

Buy one and be happy.

@mustang69, pics!

• Like 1

picked up my 92s and couldn't be happier.  Stripped it and cleaned it and at first thought it might be pretty dirty but the barrel was clean, the rest of the handgun was clean.  The only wear seems to be cosmetic from holster use but upon careful inspection, the pin, throat and barrel are outstanding. 

20181228_220416.jpg

20181228_220356.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ray Ray said:

Duracoat it in matte white.  Win

lol   I'll get some more pics but to be honest, the condition was rated VG and I agree.  Not bad at all but the mag release seems odd not being used to the bottom style.  Other than the sights and mag release, color me real pleased.

10 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

lol   I'll get some more pics but to be honest, the condition was rated VG and I agree.  Not bad at all but the mag release seems odd not being used to the bottom style.  Other than the sights and mag release, color me real pleased.

I think we mentioned this earlier.  Beretta OEM magazines all have the heal release cut, so you are good to go on that front.  As far as the sights, Ummmm, good luck.

41 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

I think we mentioned this earlier.  Beretta OEM magazines all have the heal release cut, so you are good to go on that front.  As far as the sights, Ummmm, good luck.

correct, I bought some magtec 10 rounders.  I was thinking of taping around the sights and using some white paint/wax.  sights are very small, very low

23 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

I don't mind lower grip or heel release ..  maybe it is just me.

I don't mind it either, takes getting used to for sure and not optimal but it's not the end of the world either.  The no flared magwell is more of a pain to be honest.  It's a tight fit

23 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

picked up my 92s and couldn't be happier.  Stripped it and cleaned it and at first thought it might be pretty dirty but the barrel was clean, the rest of the handgun was clean.  The only wear seems to be cosmetic from holster use but upon careful inspection, the pin, throat and barrel are outstanding. 

20181228_220416.jpg

20181228_220356.jpg

More pics?

12 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

I don't mind it either, takes getting used to for sure and not optimal but it's not the end of the world either.  The no flared magwell is more of a pain to be honest.  It's a tight fit

Easy fix with a needle file - the 70S 9mm Kurz I have had the same issue - a little judicious work to flare the magwell just a tad and it is the difference between night and day - not markedly different that chamfering the cylinder on a revolver using speed loaders.

Did this to both the 70S and a S&W 36 - amazing how the mags and rounds find their way home easier.

11 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Easy fix with a needle file - the 70S 9mm Kurz I have had the same issue - a little judicious work to flare the magwell just a tad and it is the difference between night and day - not markedly different that chamfering the cylinder on a revolver using speed loaders.

Did this to both the 70S and a S&W 36 - amazing how the mags and rounds find their way home easier.

I hear you, I'll leave it alone but I have to say, color me impressed with it.  For being this old and surplus, it's in really good condition and the fit and apparent function is stellar.  It's smoother than my new sig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1