16 minutes ago, DaddyNick said:

Got an email earlier saying there was one spot open for the 1/20 hunt. I'm already set for a hunt in April.  Someone should jump in this spot. 

I guess somebody got cold feet.  Cause it's gonna be cold on the Susquehanna River that day!

• Like 1

Got an email about the hunt that’s sold out, went to website signed up for “waiting list” under the assumption that was for the April hunt. Wasn’t able to find the actual April hunt sign up, am I just lost and confused or ... someone help !

18 hours ago, 0Jeep4 said:

Got an email about the hunt that’s sold out, went to website signed up for “waiting list” under the assumption that was for the April hunt. Wasn’t able to find the actual April hunt sign up, am I just lost and confused or ... someone help !

@0Jeep4 & @DaddyNick & @Ray Ray & @myhatinthering

The spot was made available for the January Hunt due to non-payment of any deposit by a person whom we've lost contact with (refuses to answer our emails).  My Treasurer (Jack Pyle) informed me late last night that the spot has since been filled (I wasn't told who filled it, perhaps someone here on the Forum, perhaps not).  Sorry for any confusion.  If anyone else fails to pay their complete balance in advance, their spot will also open-up.  That's how we run things---like a bidness!  

As of now, all April Hunt deposits that were due (on our published routine billing cycle) have been received.  There still exists the possibility of having to use our "Wait List" for the April Hunt.  This is why we establish the Wait Lists in the first place.  We want to be as fair as we can be and give folks a break when we can afford to do so time-wise.  Especially at Christmas!  With just two weeks to the January Hunt, we needed to activate the Wait List & send emails in hopes a registered Hunter has a friend that missed registering & wants to go with us.

Thank you all for your care & concern.  We look forward to seeing as many Patriot/Hunters as possible, so as to enable us at CNJFO to fund our ongoing fight against bad gun laws.  To date we've raised over $15,500 thru our matching funds campaigns, and guys like Ray Ray are fine examples we can all be proud of.

Rosey

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

To date we've raised over $15,500 thru our matching funds campaigns, and guys like Ray Ray are fine examples we can all be proud of.

Rosey

Jerk

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

@0Jeep4 & @DaddyNick & @Ray Ray & @myhatinthering

The spot was made available for the January Hunt due to non-payment of any deposit by a person whom we've lost contact with (refuses to answer our emails).  My Treasurer (Jack Pyle) informed me late last night that the spot has since been filled (I wasn't told who filled it, perhaps someone here on the Forum, perhaps not).  Sorry for any confusion.  If anyone else fails to pay their complete balance in advance, their spot will also open-up.  That's how we run things---like a bidness!  

As of now, all April Hunt deposits that were due (on our published routine billing cycle) have been received.  There still exists the possibility of having to use our "Wait List" for the April Hunt.  This is why we establish the Wait Lists in the first place.  We want to be as fair as we can be and give folks a break when we can afford to do so time-wise.  Especially at Christmas!  With just two weeks to the January Hunt, we needed to activate the Wait List & send emails in hopes a registered Hunter has a friend that missed registering & wants to go with us.

Thank you all for your care & concern.  We look forward to seeing as many Patriot/Hunters as possible, so as to enable us at CNJFO to fund our ongoing fight against bad gun laws.  To date we've raised over $15,500 thru our matching funds campaigns, and guys like Ray Ray are fine examples we can all be proud of.

Rosey

all good all good and we all completely understand that. If anything does open up please let me know because I want to take my son on his first hunt and I think this would be a perfect scenario for it. Thank you

• Like 2

For those doing the hunt this Sunday, have fun and be safe.  With that said... 

Weather will be a challenge for y'all. Gonna have it all....snow, rain, wind, freezing rain.  Bring extra clothes, extra boots/shoes. Hand warmers. Ponchos. 

Drive carefully. 

14 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Still waiting on the email for the time and location.  I cannot wait

@Ray Ray 

Spam folder?  No matter.  Time is 7:30am at the boat ramp across from the RR tracks next to the Bainbridge Inn in Bainbridge, PA.

Take Race Street to the end.  Go over RR tracks & turn LEFT to see everyone wearing ORANGE.

Bring a Pick-up or a tarp for your harvest so it doesn't leak into your vehicle.

Dress in layers & bring warm clothes to change into if need be.  Wear orange outer layer.  

Address is 100 Race Street, Bainbridge, PA 17502

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

@Ray Ray 

Spam folder?  No matter.  Time is 7:30am at the boat ramp across from the RR tracks next to the Bainbridge Inn in Bainbridge, PA.

Take Race Street to the end.  Go over RR tracks & turn LEFT to see everyone wearing ORANGE.

Bring a Pick-up or a tarp for your harvest so it doesn't leak into your vehicle.

Dress in layers & bring warm clothes to change into if need be.  Wear orange outer layer.  

Address is 100 Race Street, Bainbridge, PA 17502

I bet since I swapped days with another member that the email was never sent.  Hopefully my name is on the registry, David.

33 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Thanks again Ray for all of your support!  It was fun spending the day with you & the rest of the guys!

Rosey

I have your picture too, shall I post it or PM it to you?

1 hour ago, DaddyNick said:

Cool. Congrats. What caliber? Bullet? 

Hornady SST in 7.62x39mm

1 shot, 1 kill

• Like 2

On 3/3/2019 at 7:15 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Thanks again Ray for all of your support!  It was fun spending the day with you & the rest of the guys!

Rosey

How was the day? Everyone have success? 

Pics/details? 

Anybody using a butcher in South Pa or south Jersey? 

4 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

How was the day? Everyone have success? 

Pics/details? 

Anybody using a butcher in South Pa or south Jersey? 

@DaddyNick A great time was had by all Nick!  Full photo story was published on the CNJFO NEWSWIRE Thread.  Approx. 20 pix!

2 guys from the Philly area in NJ took their hogs with them.  I don't know who they used for butchering.

Rosey

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Smokin .50
      LAST CHANCE THIS SEASON TO HOG HUNT WITH CNJFO! SUN. APRIL 23, 2023 REG IS NOW OPEN! HURRY B4 THEY GO!   We're ALMOST HALF SOLD-OUT! You didn't go on February 5th--two weeks ago. You didn't JUMP on the Sunday April 16th sign-up in time, so others beat you to it (we sold it out in two days!). NOW IS YOUR CHANCE--your LAST CHANCE THIS YEAR--to HARVEST BACON with New Jersey's busiest Second Amendment organization! OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Don't bring your rifle to the grocery store--the Karen's will FAINT! Come hunt on the island with NJ's busiest 2A organization! Will there be a chocolate Glock in the raffle??    To register and pay please visit: https://www.cnjfo.com/event-5176951       
    • By Smokin .50
      CNJFO'S APRIL 3 & 10, 2022 HOG HUNTS NOW BOOKING!! ANY WEAPON, NO LICENSE, PUBLIC INVITED TO HUNT WITH US! by Black Wire Media Thur. Feb. 10, 2022 www.cnjfo.com/join-us   The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners, in conjunction with our Guide Service, hereby announces TWO Hog Hunt dates in April: Sunday April 3 and Sunday April 10, 2022. Will YOU be one of the hunters to "Bring Home The BACON" alongside our Coalition members on Sunday April 3, 2022 --OR-- Sunday April 10, 2022? CNJFO has just 2 openings for our April 3rd Hog Hunt and 10 openings for our April 10th Hog Hunt. Both fundraising Hunts are being held on a 150-acre island in the middle of the Susquehanna River in Bainbridge, PA. Proceeds to benefit our War Chest to fight unconstitutional gun laws. This NO LICENSE NEEDED, ANY WEAPON, walking & stalking guided Hunt is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Come harvest a fine tasting specimen with us! Use your rifle, shotgun, hunting handgun or bow--your choice! Hot lunch served on the island, prize raffle, 50-50, lots of 2A camaraderie. Butchering extra; we recommend CNJFO sponsor V. Roche & Son of Whitehouse Station, NJ. Our Hunters from our (river ice) postponed Hunt of February 6th have been completely accommodated, so now IT'S YOUR TURN to sign-up! When registering, be extra careful to CHECK HUNT DATE you're signing up and paying for!   To REGISTER & PAY for April 3rd Hunt (2 SPOTS LEFT!), go to: https://www.cnjfo.com/event-4690283   To REGISTER & PAY for April 10th Hunt (10 SPOTS LEFT!), go to: https://www.cnjfo.com/event-4690692   "Everyone has a BLAST at these fundraising hunts, that's why they always sell-out. There's a certain pride in serving your harvest to family & friends. Every bite you take is a fond memory! That warm feeling you get helping a non-profit in its mission to fight bad gun laws envelopes you when you serve your hog. Every gun owner feels it--even the first timers. It's why we have so many repeat customers!"   ---Dave Rosenthal, CNJFO VP & Hog Hunt Co-Chair   #CNJFO #2AHeavyLifters #2A #firearmsafety #firearms #guns #firearmsinstructor #gunrightsarecivilrights #takeakidtotherange    
    • By Smokin .50
      CNJFO HOG HUNT SUNDAY JAN. 26TH! SAVE THE DATE!
      A PORKTASTIC GOOD TIME W/ 2A PATRIOTS & FRIENDS!
      by Black Wire Media Wed. Nov. 13, 2019 www.cnjfo.com/join-us
      The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners is proud to announce we've scheduled our first Hog Hunt of the new season for Sunday January 26th. So mark your calendars and watch for our event page & sign-up on our website (coming SOON!). The guided Hunt is ideal for beginners & anyone looking for a challenge since this is a "NO license, ANY weapon" affair held on a 150 acre island in the middle of the Susquehanna River near Harrisburg, PA. Raffles, swag, lunch included. Stay Saturday night & party with us (Dutch Treat) OR come Sunday. A great way to fill the freezer & support NJ's busiest 2A group!
      Hunt includes hot lunch served on the island, field dressed hog, goody bag w/ swag items, raffles for great prizes (BRING CASH ON ISLAND) & all the memories you can take home!
      We recommend V. Roche & Son Butchers in Whitehouse Station, NJ.  A CNJFO sponsor, they have a renowned reputation for excellent service!
      Register HERE:  
      https://www.cnjfo.com/event-3629844

• By Smokin .50
      January Hunt already SOLD-OUT, so we asked for an additional date from the Guide Service (Sunday February 19th, 2017).

Go to:  http://www.cnjfo.com 
    • By Smokin .50
      CNJFO ANNOUNCES HOG HUNT FUNDRAISER!  ONLY 10 SPOTS AVAILABLE!

The Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners ( http://www.cnjfo.com/store ) is holding a Hog Hunt on Sunday April 24, 2016 at 7:45 am on Mohr's Island, located just off Bainbridge, PA in the middle of the Susquehanna River.  The 150 acre island is home to Mohr's Exotic Island Hunts:  http://www.mohrswidowmaker.com and features farm-raised 250-300 pound Hogs that are harvested via a walking and stalking professionally guided Hunt.  

I've used only black powder reproduction firearms to harvest the (3) Hogs I have thus far hunted on this great excursion, because I enjoy History and believe using antiques added more to the "fair-chase" aspect of my Hunts.  Twice with nothing more than a brace of Uberti Colt Dragoon and Colt Walker Cap and Ball Horse Pistols!  The third time I used my .50 cal Lyman Trade Rifle w/ 72 grains of Black Powder pushing a 370 grain T/C Maxi-Ball.  In the modern gun arena I've witnessed Hunters using compound bow w/ broadheads, .30-06 bolt-action, 12 ga. slugs, 8mm Mauser, .44 Magnum Ruger rifle, .44 Magnum Ruger Super Blackhawk hand gun, AR-15's w/ .223 and 5.56mm, even a TC Contender w/ a 7 x .30 Waters wildcat cartridge.  They all work with good shot placement! 

This Hunt is good for a seasoned pro looking to get some exercise OR for the complete Noob that's never hunted before.  There's something for everyone and lots of friendly ball-bustin' too!  I've hunted the island with teenagers, Moms, and old men.  The Guides keep everyone SAFE and well-fed to boot as LUNCH on the island is included.  All animals are field-dressed, rinsed-out on the boat ramp and then it's your responsibility to pack in ice (available directly across the street from the boat ramp) and transport to your Butcher.  They have a Butcher near them that they recommend, as well as a Taxidermist, and these services need SEPARATE scheduling with the Mohr's Guide Service.  ALL services other than the guided Hunt itself are YOUR financial responsibility.  Of course a "Hold Harmless" must be signed prior to start of Hunt.

Your investment in this FUN Adventure is just $400 per animal, payable to CNJFO's online Store:  http://www.cnjfo.com/store .  This fee does NOT include butchering, transportation, ice bags for the animal's cavity OR a generous tip for our handsome Guides, so please plan on these additional expenses.  To reserve your spot on this great experience, please have your credit card ready and give us at least a $200 deposit per animal.  You'll be invoiced again in late March and mid-April with an additional payment of $100 due for each installment.  FULL payment is also an option, so it's entirely up to you!

MY BUTCHER:

My Hogs were all processed at V. Roche and Son, Whitehouse Station, NJ, and since I want 1/2 fresh and 1/2 smoked, it runs me approx. $240 (payable 2 weeks after the Hunt, upon pick-up of butchered meats).

CNJFO, New Jersey's only 501©3 (Charitable and Educational) Tax-Exempt 2A corporation, is committed to ending "Justifiable Need" in New Jersey.  A significant portion of the proceeds will benefit our Justifiable Need billboard campaign seen here:  http://www.JustifiableNeed.com .

SPONSORS NEEDED!

Interested parties (corporations and/or individuals) please contact me directly to learn how we can help your business and give you the recognition you deserve as a protector of our cherished Second Amendment freedoms!  Those that either can't go due to scheduling conflict or because they choose not to hunt can still help us with financial support in ANY amount!

Please forward all inquiries to me either here or on the CNJFO Hog Hunt Facebook Page:  
      https://www.facebook.com/events/963338737112707/

Thanks all for your friendship and continued support of CNJFO!

David J. "Rosey" Rosenthal, Vice President
      Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners