Sign in to follow this  
Pizza Bob

From One Extreme to the Other

I tend to favor N-Frame Smith & Wesson revolvers. In the last 3 months I've added two to my collection and they pretty much span the normal barrel length range offered.

First was this Model 25-14. This is chambered in .45 ACP/AR and sports a 3" barrel. It is one of 250 made for Lew Horton (a distributor)...

dqgqc9.jpg

I picked up this next gun last night. Reflecting on what I already had, I realized that I had no Model 27's and also that I had no N-frames with an 8 3/8" barrel. I remedied both situations by purchasing this Model 27-2. It was the last iteration to have a pinned barrel and recessed chambers. It came complete as you see it - presentation case, tools and documents...

5cdp8y.jpg

I don't have any .41 Mag N-frames (Models 57 & 58) and really have no desire to have one. As I've gotten older I've become recoil averse and I have nothing else chambered in that caliber, so don't see the need to add it. What might interest me would be an original Model 520 .357 Mag. The only other fixed sight N-frame, besides the Model 58 (and few distributor specials - There was a fixed sight Model 29).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 4

The 41 Magnum is not bad in a large revolver.  I had never shot one until this past meetup at RTSP.  I was expecting near 44 magnum recoil but was pleasantly suprised at the closer-to-357 feel.  Don't knock it until you try it.

Can you adopt me?  I need a father.  Daddy!?!