njpilot

NJ Sanctuary Policy Leads To Three Dead

25 minutes ago, revenger said:

Another one for the "Murphy name and shame"    Judges name, home address so house can be picketed 

Make sure Murphy's home address is also listed...

...."Luis Perez, a 23-year-old who is charged with killing his two roommates and a woman who was with him for the first two murders, was released from Middlesex County Jail in February, as the jail did not cooperate with an active detainer request from ICE.

“This tragedy might have been avoided had it not been for the reckless policy required of the Middlesex County Jail by their county officials,” John Tsoukaris, a Newark field office director, said. “Despite such policies, ICE [Enforcement and Removal Operations] will continue to enforce federal immigration law and prioritize public safety in the community.”

From New Jersey to Missouri: Perez was in Middlesex County Jail in December 2017 on domestic violence charges. Middlesex County is a sanctuary county, so the jail did not notify ICE when Perez was being released at the conclusion of his criminal proceedings."

How much longer can this blatant disregard for federal laws be ignored?

• Like 2

...."Luis Perez, a 23-year-old who is charged with killing his two roommates and a woman who was with him for the first two murders, was released from Middlesex County Jail in February, as the jail did not cooperate with an active detainer request from ICE.
“This tragedy might have been avoided had it not been for the reckless policy required of the Middlesex County Jail by their county officials,” John Tsoukaris, a Newark field office director, said. “Despite such policies, ICE [Enforcement and Removal Operations] will continue to enforce federal immigration law and prioritize public safety in the community.”
From New Jersey to Missouri: Perez was in Middlesex County Jail in December 2017 on domestic violence charges. Middlesex County is a sanctuary county, so the jail did not notify ICE when Perez was being released at the conclusion of his criminal proceedings."

Here's where I get annoyed by the sanctuary issue. It's one thing to let them stay with some minor offense but violent crime cannot be tolerated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

Here's where I get annoyed by the sanctuary issue. It's one thing to let them stay with some minor offense but violent crime cannot be tolerated.

So, how many times can an illegal break a law before he should be held accountable in your mind?

• Like 2

So, how many times can an illegal break a law before he should be held accountable in your mind?

Non-violent crime I don't care about so much. Certainly not worth kicking them out for. After all, it's not like most people saying kick them out for all crimes give a crap if an American breaks the same laws.

When I was with the PD. it was Attorney General directive that we were not even allowed to inquire as to immigration status unless someone was charged with a crime or a dwi, That was years ago, current LEO can chime in of they want and correct me if anything has changed. Remember even if you are arrested that doesn't mean you are charged with crime, you could be arrested for a lessor offense. Yes it is confusing .So i could have someone arrested and in custody and unless it ,met a certain criteria. status was was not to be inquired about. The plus side of this directive was so that an illegal immigrant could report crimes etc and call the police without fear of reprisal etc, the downside is well, you be the judge of that.

• Like 1

When I was with the PD. it was Attorney General directive that we were not even allowed to inquire as to immigration status unless someone was charged with a crime or a dwi, That was years ago, current LEO can chime in of they want and correct me if anything has changed. Remember even if you are arrested that doesn't mean you are charged with crime, you could be arrested for a lessor offense. Yes it is confusing .So i could have someone arrested and in custody and unless it ,met a certain criteria. status was was not to be inquired about. The plus side of this directive was so that an illegal immigrant could report crimes etc and call the police without fear of reprisal etc, the downside is well, you be the judge of that.

I'm sure it is worse. I think they only inquire if felony and even then don't do a thing to cooperate. We need more good men to ignore AG directive and contact ICE on the qt.

I'm guessing there is a Federal charge that can be brought against those who don't cooperate with ICE. That would change things real fast

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Politicians like Murphy and his crew have a very simple plan: create a sanctuary state (city) to foster and train these people so they can then travel to red states to murder.   It's almost as good as the mail in voter fraud flim-flam.

On 11/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, Sniper22 said:

Part of the problem is that they are trying to change the laws that might be a benefit to our society. 

First they want to give driver's licenses to undocumented people. Oh, wait, first they have several places that are using driver licenses to register them to vote.

As many of these are dependent upon governmental assistance programs (SNAP, or what's previously known as food stamps), rental assistance, financial aid, etc., they are encouraged to put these votes to the Democratic party, thus keeping those in positions that are actually contrary to the views WE tend to have.

I'm not usually one to be a conspiracy theorist, but hmmmm,,,

Oopsie, my soapbox just broke.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Greenday said:

I'm not in law enforcement so I can't say if it's real or not, but on some television cop shows they refer to "broken window" policy, where enforcing the small laws reduces the freqency of the larger, more serious violations. Blue Bloods (CBS with Tom Selleck ) is the first to come to mind,,,,,,,,,but there does seem to be a certain logic to it, Maybe it isn't true,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe it is, but this could be an indicator.

I'm not in law enforcement so I can't say if it's real or not, but on some television cop shows they refer to "broken window" policy, where enforcing the small laws reduces the freqency of the larger, more serious violations. Blue Bloods (CBS with Tom Selleck ) is the first to come to mind,,,,,,,,,but there does seem to be a certain logic to it, Maybe it isn't true,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe it is, but this could be an indicator.

Broken Windows and proactive policing does work. That is how Guiliani cleaned up NYC. Towards the end with Bloomberg you started seeing the bums and panhandling again. Under DiBlasio the place is looking like it did during the Dinkins Era.  

Part of ProActive policing should be community policing. The police should be your friend and protect and serve. Not paramilitary and treat American Citizens like Insurgents.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, capt14k said:

Broken Windows and proactive policing does work. That is how Guiliani cleaned up NYC. Towards the end with Bloomberg you started seeing the bums and panhandling again. Under DiBlasio the place is looking like it did during the Dinkins Era.  

Part of ProActive policing should be community policing. The police should be your friend and protect and serve. Not paramilitary and treat American Citizens like Insurgents.

Bloo---rg and Di---io, 2 words I consider foul language. Wish they'd never gotten into politics, and wish they'd never made the money they did.

Thanks for covering this point for me, you seem to be better informed about it.

1 hour ago, capt14k said:

Unfortunately, there are a few Americans that SHOULD be treated as insurgents, and treated accordingly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 345Sire said:

:clapping:

Not that  think it would go anywhere,but the nuisance suit alone would be enough to aggravate them, YAY!

While I agree that it probably wouldn't go anywhere maybe if enough victims and their families filed either pain and suffering or wrongful death suits against these assholes that choose to ignore federal law and let criminals go free, the cost of defending may force them to change their stance.  

Take a play from their handbook.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, gfl216 said:

While I agree that it probably wouldn't go anywhere maybe if enough victims and their families filed either pain and suffering or wrongful death suits against these assholes that choose to ignore federal law and let criminals go free, the cost of defending may force them to change their stance.  

Take a play from their handbook.

I like how you think. 

They tried to drive the gun makers out of business with lawsuits, this would be a taste of their own medicine.

30 minutes ago, njpilot said:

Unfortunately, liberal judges would throw the suits out pretty quick due to qualified immunity. They wouldn't be too concerned about the suits.

And the defendants wouldn’t be on the financial hook personally... we pay the defense for public officials 

I wonder when the number of annual murders committed by illegals who had a ICE detainer but were released by sanctuary cities or counties will surpass the number of murders in mass killings.  

"A Mexican citizen charged in a Missouri triple murder was previously jailed and released in New Jersey on domestic violence charges. 

Luis Rodrigo Perez, 23, was being held at the Middlesex County Jail in December of last year on domestic violence charges. But the county did not honor a detainer from U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE), John Tsoukaris, head of the agency's Newark field office, said in a news statement Friday"

http://A Mexican citizen charged in a Missouri triple murder was previously jailed and released in New Jersey on domestic violence charges. Luis Rodrigo Perez, 23, was being held at the Middlesex County Jail in December of last year on domestic violence charges. But the county did not honor a detainer from U.S. Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE), John Tsoukaris, head of the agency's Newark field office, said in a news statement Friday.

11 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

I wonder when the number of annual murders committed by illegals who had a ICE detainer but were released by sanctuary cities or counties will surpass the number of murders in mass killings.  

The number of homicides just in Chicago each year, by the boys in the 'hood, surpass murders in mass killings.

Did you ever hear the Liberal MSM rail on and on about that??

Didn't think so....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, njpilot said:

Unfortunately, liberal judges would throw the suits out pretty quick due to qualified immunity. They wouldn't be too concerned about the suits.

Qualified immunity doesn't count if you are violating federal law. 

1 hour ago, Sniper22 said:

The number of homicides just in Chicago each year, by the boys in the 'hood, surpass murders in mass killings.

Did you ever hear the Liberal MSM rail on and on about that??

Didn't think so....

Granted but those are most likely American citizens.  Granted (again) they are mostly criminals using illegally obtained firearms or in many cases prohibited individuals who shouldn't even be touching a firearm.

The slap in the face with this, and other similar stories, is.

1.  This person should never have been the country and had already violated immigration laws.

2.  Was already detained by the government, who's job is to put citizens safety first, on charges of domestic violence and then released after ICE requested him not to be released.

3.  Nobody who authorized his release will be held accountable.

Truly a travesty of justice and a mockery of our laws.

• Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 1:31 PM, 70gto said:

The plus side of this directive was so that an illegal immigrant could report crimes etc and call the police without fear of reprisal etc.

Interested in your and other Leo's experience on the reality of the above statement.  Prob difficult to ascertain as you aren't allowed to inquire or know the status of anyone.  But reality is you prob have an idea as to whether those reporting a crime were here legal or not.

In your opinions does not inquiring into citizen legal status aid in the reporting of crime?