Sign in to follow this  
HBecwithFn7

Guns & Ammo's 2018 Best States for Gun Owners List

OK, here it is folks! And A whole lot of changes!

#1 - As always, Arizona, unchanged. #2 Idaho; #3 Alaska (drops from #2); #4 Kasnas.

Lots of changes at the bottom and the middle.

#51 - New York; #50 New Jersey; #49 Massachusetts; #48 Hawaii, #47 Wash, DC. (Hmmmmmm..... grinning.gif); #46 California; #45 Connecticut; #44 Maryland etc....

Apparently, NJ is down to #50 (was #49 last year). Surprisingly, Washington DC is #47  Hmmmmmm (again)!  

As for Florida, we're down from #12 to #23  based mostly  on bill  #7026.

Guns and Ammo: 2018 Best States for Gun Owners List....

I moved from 50 to 17 - and I'm surprised NH is only #17, but I guess that's because I came from #50.

Permitless carry, Shall-issue permits for reciprocity and a gun shop within spitting distance from anywhere.  Most of the people I've met since moving here are all gun-friendly even if they don't own any.  People see you carry and you know what they do? - Yup, Nothing!

• Like 5

I think we got a raw deal here...

22. South Carolina

A permitless carry bill was introduced in the South Carolina Senate this year but it never advanced from its subcommittee. South Carolina gets 7 points in the CCW column, mainly due to its limited permit reciprocity. The state’s use-of-force laws are strong, which earn it maximum points. South Carolina also gets a full 10 points for its NFA and Black Rifle laws as it relies on federal statues alone. Like most of the south, the Palmetto State has a strong gun culture and places to shoot are many. (Previous ranking: 24)      

We got beat up for NO permitless carry? And the limited reciprocity thing should count either.

To me this is Nirvana.

Prediction: 
Arizona will not be in the top ten in 4 years. 
Pennsylvania will be in the bottom ten in 4 years. 

LOL. Which 10 states will surpass AZ?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

13 hours ago, PK90 said:

LOL. Which 10 states will surpass AZ?

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

Kansas,  South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. 

California is coming to Arizona via legal immigration. 

Look no further than your Senate race in which a woman who was the first ever fighter pilot that can sing was defeated by a condescending cunt who couldn't stand her own citizens.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mustang69 said:

I moved from 50 to 17 - and I'm surprised NH is only #17, but I guess that's because I came from #50.

Permitless carry, Shall-issue permits for reciprocity and a gun shop within spitting distance from anywhere.  Most of the people I've met since moving here are all gun-friendly even if they don't own any.  People see you carry and you know what they do? - Yup, Nothing!

I'd be a little worried though about the influx from Mass...  fleeing the taxes, etc....  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

I'd be a little worried though about the influx from Mass...  fleeing the taxes, etc....  

That's true of almost anywhere.  Like NJ, folks fleeing Mass taxes aren't all dems.  In NH the Massholes tend to stay close to the border and have limited affect (so far) on state-wide politics.  NH State gun laws pre-empt any local attempts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Kansas,  South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming. 

California is coming to Arizona via legal immigration. 

Look no further than your Senate race in which a woman who was the first ever fighter pilot that can sing was defeated by a condescending cunt who couldn't stand her own citizens.

I plan on giving my wife an updated list of states to research for our relocation plans based on this or similar lists. Along with weather and cost of living factors, this is one of the biggies.

11 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

I plan on giving my wife an updated list of states to research for our relocation plans based on this or similar lists. Along with weather and cost of living factors, this is one of the biggies.

I've been giving wifey major hints on where we're going, so far she hasn't taken the bait.

But, she won't leave until her mom takes a dirt nap. I wonder if I can get a 2 for 1 special from Dr. Kevorkian for her and Ginsberg?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

I've been giving wifey major hints on where we're going, so far she hasn't taken the bait.

But, she won't leave until her mom takes a dirt nap. I wonder if I can get a 2 for 1 special from Dr. Kevorkian for her and Ginsberg?

My wife has her Mom to consider also. But, she's a terrific M-I-Law, she's really nice, and treats me with respect. I'm fond of her, so I can't second your motion. But as soon as she heads for Heaven, we are going to try to take care of her things and get moving.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

Savage points:  6

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 5:50 PM, Old School said:

I think we got a raw deal here...

22. South Carolina

A permitless carry bill was introduced in the South Carolina Senate this year but it never advanced from its subcommittee. South Carolina gets 7 points in the CCW column, mainly due to its limited permit reciprocity. The state’s use-of-force laws are strong, which earn it maximum points. South Carolina also gets a full 10 points for its NFA and Black Rifle laws as it relies on federal statues alone. Like most of the south, the Palmetto State has a strong gun culture and places to shoot are many. (Previous ranking: 24)      

We got beat up for NO permitless carry? And the limited reciprocity thing should count either.

To me this is Nirvana.

I agree, we should have been rated higher!  We're just barely in the top half at 22.  The laws here seem very pro-2A to me ...

On 11/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, Ray Ray said:

Prediction: 

Arizona will not be in the top ten in 4 years. 

Looking at the Senate vote map from last week, it certainly could be possible. Boy, that state is turning "Bluer"....

AZ.jpg

• Like 1