JohnnyB

Magpul Pmag 15/30 question

Has anyone tried to remove the floor plate from the gen3 15/30 Pmags? I want to install a 10/30 block to make them good for the range.

I managed to get two apart so far and found the blocks in the picture below. It was a bitch getting the glue to release and I was curious if anyone else has tried and perhaps has an easier way to get them apart.

20181110_211408.jpg

I'm not. I have so damn many 15/30s and if I can mod a few to 10/30 for the range it will be way cheaper than buying new mags.

Also,  if I ever get out of this state or the SCOTUS reverses the mag limits, I can bring all of them back to NORMAL capacity!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

It was a bitch getting the glue to release and I was curious if anyone else has tried and perhaps has an easier way to get them apart.

How about putting them in the oven for a while or using a heat gun on the glue?

Wouldnt the be entirely dependant on who modified the magazine to begin with?

If they used epoxy, it doesn't matter really what you do, it will be tough to take off.

At the end of the day, a 10 round mag cost like 10 bucks, and zero headaches. Most limiters i found are already like 4-5 bucks a piece.

1 hour ago, silverado427 said:

If you don't mind me asking how dod you get the floor plate loose.

With a flat head screwdriver and a hammer. The mags I have show 2 round melt marks on one side of the floor plate. It took lots of prying and all I need is a few 10 rounders permanently re-modified for the range. The rest will be either out of the state, sold outside of the state, turned over to the police or destroyed in a huge bonfire in my backyard per direction of the PRNJ!:cray:WE MUST COMPLY!:whatever:

I am almost certain they used epoxy so heat wont help. I tried! The good thing about this is if I should move out of state in the next few weeks , all the mags can go back to normal!:)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Wouldnt the be entirely dependant on who modified the magazine to begin with?

If they used epoxy, it doesn't matter really what you do, it will be tough to take off.

At the end of the day, a 10 round mag cost like 10 bucks, and zero headaches. Most limiters i found are already like 4-5 bucks a piece.

This +1000

A few converted mags I saw The baseplate just came off, they were blocked but not sealed.

Another had rivets through the bottom which can be more or less easily punched out and then reinstalled.

For gluing, depends on what glue, etc.  Can always try heat... others can like break from shattering.  If Epoxy?  eh... Just get some new mags and bury these deep in the closet... (In PA of course that is....)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, tomk62 said:

Lol ...  I'm going in the other direction ... I just learned I can order 30 round springs from Brownells and convert my 15/30 Hexmags to full 30!

You can also order 10/30 blocks from Magblocks with new 30 round springs. Just pop out the block, and bingo, back to 30!