dajonga

NJ carry at my home statute?

Just now, 45Doll said:

Yes. But I might be the one learning the unpleasant lesson.

I carry a firearm to protect my life; not to precipitate a 'discussion' over Constitutional rights vs. progressive gun laws.

I have many other avenues for the latter that carry no risk.

Prudent philosophy 

4 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

why did you say the same thing twice? :lol:

The government isn't always the bad guy.  Often enough, but not all the time.  Not like Rufus and Bluto that are willing to bash your skull in just to see if you have anythingof value.

See @45Doll''s post above.

50 minutes ago, Maksim said:

You are absolutely 100% within your rights to open carry on your property, heck, walk around with an AR and an AK on your back... the question is, how effective is it?

If you're going to do that with open carry, just go all out.

Go big or go home!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Title 2C - 39

"e. Nothing in subsections b., c. and d. of N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to
prevent a person keeping or carrying about his place of business, residence, premises
or other land owned or possessed by him, any firearm, or from carrying the same, in
the manner specified in subsection g. of this section, from any place of purchase to his
residence or place of business, between his dwelling and his place of business, between
one place of business or residence and another when moving, or between his dwelling
or place of business and place where such firearms are repaired, for the purpose of
repair. For the purposes of this section, a place of business shall be deemed to be a
fixed location."

Which section of 2c 39 dicusses long gun transport with a purchaser ID card?

46 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

The government isn't always the bad guy.  Often enough, but not all the time.  Not like Rufus and Bluto that are willing to bash your skull in just to see if you have anythingof value.

See @45Doll''s post above.

agreed, but couldn't pass up the chance to take the pot shot at .gov

48 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I carry a firearm to protect my life; not to precipitate a 'discussion' over Constitutional rights vs. progressive gun laws.

wich is one of the reasons why i presonally dont get OC, especially in areas like here and our surroundings. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I don't carry a firearm openly to start trouble, either. 

I also refuse to not do it just because someone gonna get their panties in a bunch. 

I don't care to have a conversation with the cops, either. However, if they want to infringe further upon my rights, illegally at that, I would not care much about them showing up and any legal issues that precipitate. I know Im not breaking any laws, and the last thing cops will get involved in is a civil dispute between neighbors. 

You guys complain about NJ guns laws all the fucking time, then you add even more restrictions for personal reasons! Then complain when they pass more gun laws! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JackDaWack said:

I don't carry a firearm openly to start trouble, either. 

I also refuse to not do it just because someone gonna get their panties in a bunch. 

I don't care to have a conversation with the cops, either. However, if they want to infringe further upon my rights, illegally at that, I would not care much about them showing up and any legal issues that precipitate. I know Im not breaking any laws, and the last thing cops will get involved in is a civil dispute between neighbors. 

You guys complain about NJ guns laws all the fucking time, then you add even more restrictions for personal reasons! Then complain when they pass more gun laws! 

Valid point. But goes deeply against “ grey man” theory. It’s also very locale or paradigm dependant. Hell when I lived in Salem co the Nieghbor walked around shooting moles in the backyard. My current residence has a no discharge ordinance.

Its not bravado, it’s respect for others? I dunno..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

Valid point. But goes deeply against “ grey man” theory. It’s also very locale or paradigm dependant. Hell when I lived in Salem co the Nieghbor walked around shooting moles in the backyard. My current residence has a no discharge ordinance.

Its not bravado, it’s respect for others? I dunno..

If someone can't respect your right to carry on your own property, why should you respect their opinion?

If gun owners are just gonna hide and "blend in", then we are supressing our own culture.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

here's something that no one's mentioned yet.......in your yard, you have a duty to retreat.....provided you can do so safely. in your dwelling, you have no such duty to retreat.

I’ll raise you!

bad hombre’s carry, why don’t you...

18 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

If someone can't respect your right to carry on your own property, why should you respect their opinion?

If gun owners are just gonna hide and "blend in", then we are supressing our own culture.

You edited.  But I’ll answer that also.. 

your personal Defense is for you and yourn, how you go about it is up to you. But I don’t consider it wise to billboard myself. That being said, my wife and a I take as many new shooters as we can to the range. But that introduction does not happen while I’m mowen da lawn or taking out the garbage. I see your point unquestionably. But there’s always a time and place for tact. And we live in a tactless state

59 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Do you live with bad hombres?

I live in lindenwold. otherwise known as little camden thanks to the high speedline

4 minutes ago, monmouth said:

I open carry at my business and wave to all those who pass by with the WTF face.

i conceal carry here. would be too many exploded liberal heads if i open carried.....and i'm not willing to risk my business to make a statement.

3 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

I live in lindenwold. otherwise known as little camden thanks to the high speedline

i conceal carry here. would be too many exploded liberal heads if i open carried.....and i'm not willing to risk my business to make a statement.

Let them see you open carry so it becomes "less shocking" for them and they realize that law abiding citizens are good people.  Don't worry what others may think and stand tall, don't allow those with differing opinions make you feel you should slouch in shame.

thing is........3 of my immediate neighbors know i own and carry. they're all ok with that. and shockingly one of those neighbors are bleeding heart liberals.

my problem is that there's a few new neighbors that don't know me well as yet. there's constant foot and motor traffic. i don't want to meet the entire lindenwold pd, or any swat teams 'cause some anti-gun shitbag decided to make the phone call. although.....the thought's been crossing my mind as of late to carry a copy of the 2c-39 in my pocket......which would hopefully alleviate any poss. trips to the station or court....both of which are very real possibilities. someone said it above earlier......in pfrnj we are presumed guilty until proven innocent.

8 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

The last thing I would give a shit about is a cop showing up at my door asking me if I'm carrying a gun on my property.

I also shoot test loads in my backyard into a back stop to check velocities... If the cops show up... Again.. I don't really care. 

At the end of the day, if a cop arrests you.. he needs to actually charge you with violating a law. A prosecutor would also have to affirm those charges.

I wouldn't let no bullshit stop me from carrying on my own property.

Town?

8 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

ok. you come back to nj, and open carry in your yard. you can be the test case.

I open carry/conceal a 1911/357 mag on my property in front and in backyard summers doing yard work.. I also keep a 12g within reach in the front garage and rear deck as i move about the property - why?  bears.....

been here 20+years no issues from neighbors or anyone else......

Ooops. My mistake for using the words open carry. 

Let me clarify.... I have no intention of wearing a full-size, drop-leg tactical rig for a full size gun.

By open carry, I mean a small OWB belt holster for a snub that would most likely be covered by a tshirt or a work shirt. By using the term open carry, I simply meant I would not be using an IWB rig. 

Sorry for misusing the terms.

You can do what you want on your property, BUT Ocean  County LOVES to Play "Soldier" with their Swat Teams and They NEVER wait the target out. They shoot to kill and get back in time for Dinner.

If you recall they chased a former NYPD down in the woods behind his backyard, Claimed he aimed a 22 pistol at them, and lit him up like a Christmas tree. Many said when he ran into the wood s and the pistol was still in his house.

cross hairs.jpg

To me your a phone call away from being swatted!

And that's all I'm Gonna Say about That!

Forrest Gump.jpg

1 hour ago, Downtownv said:

You can do what you want on your property, BUT Ocean  County LOVES to Play "Soldier" with their Swat Teams and They NEVER wait the target out. They shoot to kill and get back in time for Dinner.

If you recall they chased a former NYPD down in the woods behind his backyard, Claimed he aimed a 22 pistol at them, and lit him up like a Christmas tree. Many said when he ran into the wood s and the pistol was still in his house.

cross hairs.jpg

To me your a phone call away from being swatted!

And that's all I'm Gonna Say about That!

Forrest Gump.jpg

For real?  Link?