45Doll

Zanotti Armor Safes

I finally assembled the safe from Zanotti Armor, and I must say this is some product. The clearances where the panels meet are the thickness of a postcard, or less. I found that amazing since they were shipped from Iowa and the pallet was dropped at some point along the way.

I moved and assembled all the safe components myself on a hand truck or dolly, except for the door which weighed 175 lbs. A friend helped me lift that into place last weekend.

If anyone's interested in one feel free to contact me about it. For my money it was well worth it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I finally assembled the safe from Zanotti Armor, and I must say this is some product. The clearances where the panels meet are the thickness of a postcard, or less. I found that amazing since they were shipped from Iowa and the pallet was dropped at some point along the way.

I moved and assembled all the safe components myself on a hand truck or dolly, except for the door which weighed 175 lbs. A friend helped me lift that into place last weekend.

If anyone's interested in one feel free to contact me about it. For my money it was well worth it.

Good idea on how they ship.  The question is... while they have the good stuff on the front, the sides are only 1/8th inch thick... Seems like can do better?

Sure. Just write a bigger check. A T15 or T30 rated safe will be a lot more money, unless you find a good deal on a used one. And all the RSCs (residential security containers), including the one I have, are more vulnerable than the Zanotti.

Any safe can be breached, given enough time and the right tools. My safe is only to prevent smash and grab. It's my alarm system that's the real deterrent by severely limiting the time available.

• Like 1