voyager9

H.R.7115 - 3D Firearms Prohibitions Act

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/7115/text?r=1

Check out this shit. 

To prohibit the sale, acquisition, distribution in commerce, or import into the United States of certain firearm receiver castings or blanks, assault weapon parts kits, and machinegun parts kits and the marketing or advertising of such castings or blanks and kits on any medium of electronic communications, to require homemade firearms to have serial numbers, and for other purposes.

oh. And this. 

(2) the term “assault weapon parts kit” means any part or combination of parts designed and intended to enable a consumer who possesses all such necessary parts to assemble a semiautomatic assault weapon;

Any part necessary to assemble a semi-auto “assault weapon”.   Think about that. 

And it was submitted by Frank Pallone (D-NJ). So don’t think our lovely local legislature hasn’t already cut and pasted this for Smurphy to rubber stamp. 

It's just the tumor that is New Jersey trying to spread.  It will never fly. Even if it passed the House under Dem control, the Senate will never pass it!

"assault weapon" must be defined in plain English in the bill. The AR15 is NOT an assault weapon and current law already prohibits possession of an assault weapon without jumping through many hoops!

Assault weapon = Weapon the military generally uses and has "select fire capabilities," or the capability to switch between semi-automatic or a fully automatic mode. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

"assault weapon" must be defined in plain English in the bill. The AR15 is NOT an assault weapon and current law already prohibits possession of an assault weapon without jumping through many hoops!

What if they just copy and paste that list of semi-autos that they used in the mag bill? That seems to cover a lot of hardware.

I am growing tired of buying legal things then some FUCKHEAD tells us it isn't legal anymore.  I think there is a law against it. I am going to leave this state but I will leave a big pile of shit along with my last tax payment.  Go fuck yourself Democrats.  You are all alike.

19 minutes ago, Tunaman said:

I am growing tired of buying legal things then some FUCKHEAD tells us it isn't legal anymore.  I think there is a law against it. I am going to leave this state but I will leave a big pile of shit along with my last tax payment.  Go fuck yourself Democrats.  You are all alike.

Most aren’t leaving that tax payment... it’s all bout the money in the end

21 hours ago, Maksim said:

Feel good measure designed to "See, I tried to introduce gun control but the Republicans don't care."

Problem is, it's working.  It's changing "hearts and minds" even of those that say that they're pro gun.  Most likely it won't pass this time.  However it won't go away.  It'll get used as a tool to reshape the mindset of America as a whole.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bully said:

Problem is, it's working.  It's changing "hearts and minds" even of those that say that they're pro gun.  Most likely it won't pass this time.  However it won't go away.  It'll get used as a tool to reshape the mindset of America as a whole.  

How do you eat an elephant?

...one bite at a time.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 9:59 PM, JohnnyB said:

Yeah, lots of hardware but not "assault weapons" by accepted definition! This bill is going nowhere.

Don't count on that.. They've been using the term "assault weapons" for quite a while and have been inserting it in other bills. They don't care if it's accurate or not. Until they get push back from a Conservative judge (which AIN'T going to happen), they'll just continue to use it as a "catch all" term.

And the 2A community will continue to bend over and take it in the shorts and never push back.

What this bill does is makes ALL parts and kits for AR's illegal (complete uppers, and every add on component), It's the next step to a complete semi-auto ban. Forget about building anything if this passes.

3 hours ago, Bully said:

Most likely it won't pass this time.  However it won't go away.  It'll get used as a tool to reshape the mindset of America as a whole.  

Expect this type of bullshit to be ejected out of the House every month for the next two years.

You ain't seen nothin' yet...

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 8:31 PM, voyager9 said:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/7115/text?r=1

Check out this shit. 

oh. And this. 

Any part necessary to assemble a semi-auto “assault weapon”.   Think about that. 

And it was submitted by Frank Pallone (D-NJ). So don’t think our lovely local legislature hasn’t already cut and pasted this for Smurphy to rubber stamp. 

like ammo, parts are already protected

nothing to worry about here, already codified in law and sc review

3 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

like ammo, parts are already protected

nothing to worry about here, already codified in law and sc review

Source?  What case law establishes that?

i don’t disagree that parts should be protected.  But should and are are two different things. 

29 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Source?  What case law establishes that?

i don’t disagree that parts should be protected.  But should and are are two different things. 

you are going to have to find it, it's pretty well established and I think it was even cited recently when cali tried to ban online ammo sales.  It's old, definitely not new

6 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

you are going to have to find it, it's pretty well established and I think it was even cited recently when cali tried to ban online ammo sales.  It's old, definitely not new

That’s not how this works. You made a claim. Provide a source for that claim.  Just saying “look it up” or “it’s well established” is a cop out and makes me think you’re guessing.