JMich3

This is why i always check the trunk!

Absolutely.  This happened in Parsippany over the summer.  It's not just guns.  Rentals are often used for drugs.  Although it wasn't a rental, I personally know of a situation where the cop saw just one seed on the seat and it gave him cause.  I check the whole thing out.  Under seats, glove box, trunk everywhere.  Not to mention (if you know what to look for) bed bugs too.

• Like 1

Question

What if it was YOU who discovered the stuff in the trunk and what if the firearms were two of your dream guns?  Say, a Wilson Combat 1911 and a Desert Eagle in 50AE.

Decisions decisions

Just now, sota said:

@Ray Ray given the fact we're NJ gun owners and are by legislative fiat already criminals, I'd keep 'em! :D

Waiting for the self-righteous and legal-beavers here to say:

"That's Illegal!"

"What if those guns where stolen from you!"

"Think of the children!"

That's a really good question.  There are laws about abandoned property.  I wonder if you turned it in, tried to contact the previous renters if you could ever keep the firearm.

If we can legally own it, nobody claims it, and it was not used in a crime, why not?

2 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Question

What if it was YOU who discovered the stuff in the trunk and what if the firearms were two of your dream guns?  Say, a Wilson Combat 1911 and a Desert Eagle in 50AE.

Decisions decisions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Waiting for the self-righteous and legal-beavers here to say:

"That's Illegal!"

"What if those guns where stolen from you!"

"Think of the children!"

The cynic in me says that no one would leave behind 2 guns like this unless:

They were just used in a murder and purposely left behind.

-or-

I was being set-up by the man

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

Question

Decisions decisions

No brainer. 

4 hours ago, djg0770 said:

This would be more accurate if you said Charter Arms.

True, and it should be noted that I have never owned a Hi-Point so I actually might keep that one too.  

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 7:26 AM, Ray Ray said:

Question

Decisions decisions

@Ray Ray:

Then you simply return my car that you "borrowed", to me with everything that you found in it.... no questions asked....

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

True, and it should be noted that I have never owned a Hi-Point so I actually might keep that one too.  

As one who (furtively) admits to owning a couple, they are worth having. Especially as a budget accessory. Everyone(mostly) has a firearm that's their least favorite, these can elevate the rankings of the others in a collection! ;)

For all those who lost their  good  firearms in a horrible boating accident, these do make good anchors. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 345Sire said:

As one who (furtively) admits to owning a couple, they are worth having. Especially as a budget accessory. Everyone(mostly) has a firearm that's their least favorite, these can elevate the rankings of the others in a collection! ;)

My issue is value.  I would rather spend an extra 100 bucks on a police or European trade-in.  They have horrible triggers, crappy sights, bad ergonomics, no rail, impossible to disassemble, junky magazines and funky controls.

It's a range gun to show the boys how thugs do it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

My issue is value.  I would rather spend an extra 100 bucks on a police or European trade-in.  They have horrible triggers, crappy sights, bad ergonomics, no rail, impossible to disassemble, junky magazines and funky controls.

It's a range gun to show the boys how thugs do it.

Boy, you really ought not to hold back, it'll give you an ulcer. ;)

Yes, triggers are not good, but they can be improved with little effort.

Sights? Okay, but lots of GOOD guns have bad sights. 

Ergonomics, well aside from being heavy (anchor, remember?) it actually feels pretty good in the hand. 

Lots have no rail, too bad on all of them for that. Guess that's part of the cost saving in manufacturing.

Yup, disassembly is a PIA, needing to remove a danged roll pin. But it hardly ever really needs it.

I don't have a problem with the mags I have for either the C9 or the carbine, so,,,,,,,,

Funky controls? Ummm, ya got me there, I don't quite know what you mean.

In conclusion,,,,,,,,,,,jeeze louise, maybe I oughta get rid of it, it DOES suck, dont it?:lol:

(truth be told, I only bought the C9 so I could have something to experiment on modifying without messing up one of my good guns. I got it used for $85 including 2 mags, and it seemed as if it had only been thru a couple of mags worth of shots)

I like my S&W and Walther stuff a lot more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMich3 said:

I wouldn’t keep them. Knowing my luck they just shot 30 orphans and 15 nuns with them and I’d get pulled over with them in my possession 

How the heck are ya gonna carry 30 orphan and 15 nuns in a car? Or are you talking Lilliputians? ;)