PK90

SNOW PICS

5 minutes ago, The_Matrix said:

the drive home was brutal.

Took me 5.5 hours to get back from Baltimore. Normally a 2 hour drive for me. 

At least 20 accidents along the way. People gotta learn to slow down!!

Weather sux here too..I'm not hunting tonight it's 48 overcast and raw

Nuke winter here. Gloomy, gray, 35 and misting. Near 60 Saturday.[emoji6][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

No signs of snow here in South South Jersey

No snow here in regular South Jersey. Just rain, we went to the range and just got a little wet. And, the rain scared everyone away, we almost had the place to ourselves.

But, I wish these old farts would get the hell off the road if they're afraid to drive in the rain.

On Tuesday they were calling for 3" then rain. I got 12" then rain. 

They are calling for another 4-8" tonight! I'll be riding logging cuts near my house tomorrow on my snowboard! Living the dream!!!!!!

20181113_113336_1542126857411.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

On Tuesday they were calling for 3" then rain. I got 12" then rain. 

They are calling for another 4-8" tonight! I'll be riding logging cuts near my house tomorrow on my snowboard! Living the dream!!!!!!

20181113_113336_1542126857411.jpg

Can i bring my snowmobile?!?! LOL Where are you???

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

Yup you sure can. You can get to all the snowmobile trails from my house. I'm in Bartlett New Hampshire. 

Oh snap, lucky you. That's awesome.
I haven't gone snowmobiling in like 3 years, whole family has been ridiculously busy and we can never find a time where we can all dedicate 3 days to head up for a long weekend. Rode up in Old Forge NY. 
Been sneaking in rides every time we get some snow locally, but its obviously just not the same haha.

5 minutes ago, Lambo2936 said:

Oh snap, lucky you. That's awesome.
I haven't gone snowmobiling in like 3 years, whole family has been ridiculously busy and we can never find a time where we can all dedicate 3 days to head up for a long weekend. Rode up in Old Forge NY. 
Been sneaking in rides every time we get some snow locally, but its obviously just not the same haha.

Eventually I will get one, there is so much opportunity to ride up here. I could even commute to work on if it I wanted to. My neighbor has a stupid fast drag sled. He says it runs low 10s in the quarter mile on dirt. 

Just now, fishnut said:

Eventually I will get one, there is so much opportunity to ride up here. I could even commute to work on if it I wanted to. My neighbor has a stupid fast drag sled. He says it runs low 10s in the quarter mile on dirt. 

Easily. The acceleration on them is insane. The issue is Traction. Never enough traction.
I've sunk my track more than a handful of times because i gunned it :rolleyes: I've got an F8 LXR.
Stay away from the Polaris Pro-R, my father has one and within like two years the suspension system failed. Complete garbage. My Arctic cat has been going strong. At the end of the day they are all the same shit, just get something that fits your riding style. I Love my F8. Its nice and heavy and rides best out of all of the sleds we have, by far. Nice and Smooth. If you want to go Cray Cray, youll be looking at something else.

30 minutes ago, WP22 said:

8 hours and 30 minutes that's how long my 34 mile commute took today.

Thank you governor  tata toothy for the wonderful snow removal job your underlings did today. 

Was it really the snow?  Or just no one being morally prepared for the first snow of the year?

From my understanding...

The forecast was to be more rain than snow. So they spread brine last night hoping that and slightly warmer temperatures would b enough.

It didn't warm up so we ended up with more snow that the forecast. But the plan didn't change.

I left Newark by 2:00pm and the place was already a mess. But the traffic hasn't that heavy yet. The salt trucks could still be set out and be effective.  I took 78W to 24W. The traffic on that stretch of 78 was  very slow but moving. I saw first spun out cars on the side of the road on 24W and by then the traffic was already a nightmare and just got worse leading to complete closures of 10, 280, 78 and 80 due to ice.

You get ice when you don't clean the snow. There was a 3-4 hour traffic window to send out the salt trucks but they weren't. After that window the traffic just got to a standing still and sending them out was pointless; they would be stuck on traffic themselves.

The first snow plow I saw was on 287 and this was 4-5 hours into this ordeal.

78, 24, 10, 46 and 80 hadn't been plowed when I passed there.

This was a piddly little storm. But the lack of preparation and failure to adapt to changing circumstances made this a major cluster.

• Like 5