Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Drinking

I’m cooking two turkeys for tomorrow’s tailgating fun so it’s a good chance to drink.  Earlier in the day when I was prepping I had a bottle of 2004 Silver oak Nappa.  It was really good and perfect for the preparation portion of today’s fun. Now that I’ve moved n t the cooking phase I had a Orange County Bourbon neat (1 drop of water). It’s a small distillery from Goshen, NY and it’s clean and fantastic.  They sell at a farmers market on sundays not far from my apartment.  I’ve purchased their bourbon, rye and single malt scotch and it’s all quite impressive.  I also lie supporting a small maker trying to make a living. He also makes gun and vodka which I’ll grab in a couple weeks.  

A bit of a sidebar.  Aftert that neat whiskey I felt like making an old fashioned with Michters rye, some quality bitters, my own simple syrup and an orange peel.  I’m really enjoying this. Cooking, watching Sicario, bid on a couple pistols on gun broker and whiskey.  

• Like 5

I’m really hoping t add another P7 to my collection.  I had a GP100 converted to 10mm and bought one converted to .40.  Now they make them factory and are a lot cheaper new.  I don’t care about that one very much but the P7 and a 4” 686 would be fine. 

12 hours ago, bennj said:

Man, wish I could bid on 4 at a time. I'm more like 1 every 1 1/2 yr. guy. Not too gun savvy, so had to look up the P7M8. I mself am undecided between a 629, Redhawk (don't tell Bob), or a CZ97. May your accepted bids be low, and your glass be full.

I'm a 629 guy myself.