JerseyJim

Reloaderz NJ Open House, Friday 11/23

Visited Reloaderz NJ open house today.  Very nice facility.  The staff are knowledgeable and the range itself is one of the best indoor ranges around.  The target management system is very advanced with many training modes.  Only 15 lanes so it could get crowded at peak times.

We signed up for monthly weekday membership.  More info to come.RLNJ_Lanes.jpg.99c2b498bb806705ebb8330665bc88b1.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JerseyJim said:

Visited Reloaderz NJ open house today.  Very nice facility.  The staff are knowledgeable and the range itself is one of the best indoor ranges around.  The target management system is very advanced with many training modes.  Only 15 lanes so it could get crowded at peak times.

We signed up for monthly weekday membership.  More info to come.RLNJ_Lanes.jpg.99c2b498bb806705ebb8330665bc88b1.jpg

Talk about coididence, also went there to check it out, same time as you it seems, that's me in the blue jacket, going to wait a bit and check it out after it opens to see the crowds and crunch some numbers. I normally just go on weekends, but with being closer then RSTP & GFH might make it during week on in a while. Really nice place overall

maybe meet up there.

• Like 3

Very nice facility.

I like the "training" mode on the target carriers where they run away from you or charge towards you and turn the carrier so you have to wait for the right time to shoot.

I'll also be checking it out for crowds/peak times, though I'll probably just visit every now and then.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JerseyJim said:

monthly weekday?  does tha tmean you can only go during the week?

I was there for 8 1/2 hours.  @Bklynracer stopped-by the CNJFO table but some of you others didn't!

I'll write a story & post a pic tomorrow.

Rosey (the guy in the ORANGE SHIRT w/ a table for of swag!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

monthly weekday?  does tha tmean you can only go during the week?

Yes, you can join on a monthly payment like a gym membership.

you can join for weekdays $39.99  month, if you want weekends it's $19.99 more. But you can't just have weekends

8 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

I was there for 8 1/2 hours.  @Bklynracer stopped-by the CNJFO table but some of you others didn't!

Thanks for the mention, It was good to meet you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Yes, you can join on a monthly payment like a gym membership.

you can join for weekdays $39.99  month, if you want weekends it's $19.99 more. But you can't just have weekends

Thanks for the mention, It was good to meet you.

do you still have to pay for the range time when you go?

Here's my article for our Facebook page.  The First story was written as a caption & the story on top requires you share it each time.  Yes they're a little redundant, but "Phone People" need to be teased into opening up a story & engaging it.  Aside from that there's a lot of detail, along with a tentative dateline for their Grand Opening!  I missed Jim while taking a break & chatting with Jackie on the other side of the range otherwise I would have been at our table :)   Enjoy!  

Rosey

REID & ROSENTHAL PROMOTE 2A AT RELOADERZ OPEN HOUSE!
THE WELL ARMED WOMAN & CNJFO THANKED BY NEW RANGE!
by Black Wire Media Saturday Nov. 24, 2018 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

CNJFO Vice President Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal and Jacquelyn Reid from the Northern NJ Chapter of The Well Armed Woman, joined forces yesterday promoting the 2nd Amendment to everyone that attended the Black Friday Open House celebration & member sign-up that took place at Reloaderz NJ, New Jersey's newest shooting range. The Wayne Twp., NJ building once served burgers, fries & shakes as the Fuddruckers on Rt. 23 South. Yesterday they were serving warm smiles, firm handshakes, gourmet cannoli's, cookies and light refreshments as the owners personally greeted every person that walked through the doors, inviting them to tour the entire facility with a staff member. A 15 port state-of-the-art indoor shooting range with programable target holders, Reloaderz NJ will be offering classes, gun rentals, firearms sales & transfers, targets, eyes & ears, apparel & swag, and hosting a brand new chapter of The Well Armed Woman! Membership has its' privileges, and VIP Members have their own special entrance, restroom & conference/ living room area w/ snack bar.

For full details on hours, membership types, rates & benefits, please visit their website: www.reloaderznj.com/membership/ . For details on how to join The Well Armed Woman chapter closest to you, go to: twawshootingchapters.org/find-a-local-chapter/ and click on New Jersey. For info on how to join, support, or donate to CNJFO, go to www.cnjfo.com and click on our headers.

Reloaderz NJ Grand Opening is tentatively scheduled for mid-January, with a mini trade show of sorts. In addition to welcoming back the Coalition and The Well Armed Woman, Reloaderz NJ will have several gun manufacturers on hand to display their wares & answer questions. We'll of course bring you the most up-to-date info as soon as the date is firm, so like our page to follow this & other top news stories affecting the NJ gun owner.

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, indoor
CNJFO
Nonprofit Organization
CNJFO
Published by David Rosenthal · 8 hrs

RELOADERZ NJ RANGE OPEN HOUSE A HUGE SUCCESS!
THE WELL ARMED WOMAN & CNJFO BOTH PROMOTE 2A!
by Black Wire Media Saturday Nov. 24, 2018 www.cnjfo.com

Hundreds of potential members came yesterday during their Black Friday shopping to the official Open House held by Reloaderz NJ, New Jersey's newest 15 lane indoor range on Rt. 23 South across from Kohl's in Wayne, NJ. Warmly greeted with huge smiles & firm handshakes by range owners & staff, the public was offered cannoli's, cookies & light refreshments in their member lounge and then given tours of the brand-new facility which included classroom, VIP lounge, sales & rental counters, and of course the range itself, complete with a D-Lead wash station in the roomy vestibule that helps sound-proof the sales areas. Member sign-ups were handled very efficiently, and a mandatory gun safety video was on a big screen in front of comfy chairs.

Jacquelyn Reid from The Well Armed Woman North Jersey Chapter was there recruiting members for a brand new chapter being established at Reloaderz. The Well Armed Woman is the nation's largest shooting group run by women for its' all female membership, and Reid is on a mission to get as many NJ chapters up & running as she can. NJ has several chapters now and with new ranges opening comes new opportunities at gathering like-minded women together for a few hours for all types of safety instruction, not just firearms handling, although that's given top priority. Reid, a Certified NRA Pistol Instructor & Chief Range Safety Officer, has been shooting & collecting a long time. Versatile in many platforms, she recently signed-up for our CNJFO Hog Hunt run by Coalition Vice President Dave "Rosey" Rosenthal.

Rosenthal, one of two individuals selected this year by NRA-ILA as their Littlefield Memorial "Volunteer of the Year", filled-in for our Shows & Community Outreach Committee. He was at Reloaderz from 10am till 6:30pm yesterday to promote our 2nd Amendment activism, our matching funds lawsuit experience with the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, accept membership applications & renewals, sell swag & apparel items, and of course chat about the mag ban case! Several folks signed-up as annual members, and several walk-ins took home our brochures, donated, stopped by our table to chat and learn who we are or bought some swag. Rosenthal also was granted permission to leave a brochure holder in their member lounge area loaded with brochures & business cards on behalf of our membership Committee Chair Michele Rivera. Anyone that visits Reloaderz can take home a brochure, just look for the holder on the coffee table closest to Registration. A total Win-Win all thanks to the hospitality of all of the Reloaderz NJ owners & staff!

Reid and Rosenthal were both invited back to Reloaderz NJ's official Grand Opening celebration which will take place in January. There will be a mini trade show of sorts at the Grand Opening with several gun manufacturers present to answer questions and we intend to give away an annual membership & some swag at it, so be sure to like & follow this page for updates announcing the date!

To learn more about The Well Armed Woman chapters in NJ, go to: www.twawshootingchapters.org/find-a-local-chapter/ . To join the Coalition, donate, buy swag or apparel, go to: www.cnjfo.com .

9 hours ago, voyager9 said:

They should have kept the Fuddruckers attached. Could have been a real draw. Burgers, Fries, and 9mm.  What a day. 

I will say I’m surprised they fit a range in the footprint of a restaurant. 

One of the owners mentioned to me that they "built a building within a building", so I'm not certain how the original "footprint" from Fuddruckers fit. 

The range is located directly next to a closed Diner.  A smart bidnessman would open it up & name meals after "all things GUN", I.E.:  The 9mm, a single fresh ground beef patty fixed any way you like it.  The .45, a double patty fixed any way you like it for the serious burger "eliminator".  The .30-ought 6, a roast beef sammich piled high & rare, with a touch of horse radish, and dressed for success with lettuce & tomato on a fresh baked onion roll.  OO-Buck onion rings.  000-Buck for an extra-large portion!  I better stop as I'm gettin' hungry, lol :) 

Free delivery across the parking lot, OR come into the Diner & find D-Lead soap in both heads!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, Smokin .50 said:

One of the owners mentioned to me that they "built a building within a building", so I'm not certain how the original "footprint" from Fuddruckers fit. 

The range is located directly next to a closed Diner.  A smart bidnessman would open it up & name meals after "all things GUN", I.E.:  The 9mm, a single fresh ground beef patty fixed any way you like it.  The .45, a double patty fixed any way you like it for the serious burger "eliminator".  The .30-ought 6, a roast beef sammich piled high & rare, with a touch of horse radish, and dressed for success with lettuce & tomato on a fresh baked onion roll.  OO-Buck onion rings.  000-Buck for an extra-large portion!  I better stop as I'm gettin' hungry, lol :) 

Free delivery across the parking lot, OR come into the Diner & find D-Lead soap in both heads!

The Fuddruckers that was there was pretty big for a restaurant.  They had a bar area and a kids area with a carousel in the middle, so it wasn't a small footprint like a McDonald's.

As for the replacement to the diner, last I heard was that Starbucks will be opening there soon. 

Maybe they could have a special espresso "shot"...

Before a franchisee built the now closed one in Bridgewater, NJ, my wife & I used to travel up to Wayne for meet-ups of our CB Group.  The bakery & the butcher were all glass encased, so you could watch them making your meals.  The chocolate shakes were made with real ice cream, so thick a spoon could stand up in them.  The fixin's bar had cheese whiz, mushrooms & every condiment known to man.  So yeah, I remember going there, lol!

Went this morning around 10 was a little empty but started to pick up a little as I was leaving. Nice place, well lit, RSO watched constantly but nice guy talked a bit, never felt pressured. Wasn't that busy so really nothing else to do. thinking about joining, I go to RSTP, but this place is only 15 min. Compared to 45.

overall good day, shot well, getting better, HK VP9, might go tomorrow.

IMG_2353.JPG

4 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

Went this morning around 10 was a little empty but started to pick up a little as I was leaving. Nice place, well lit, RSO watched constantly but nice guy talked a bit, never felt pressured. Wasn't that busy so really nothing else to do. thinking about joining, I go to RSTP, but this place is only 15 min. Compared to 45.

overall good day, shot well, getting better, HK VP9, might go tomorrow.

IMG_2353.JPG

Glad you enjoyed it.

New ranges are always great... the fresh paint and everything still working. =)

In a year... the range gets dirty, things start breaking down and the majority of people are tourists or non-gun people renting and you start feeling a bit uneasy.

It's always a balancing act.  On one hand I really love new people coming in to shoot, on the other hand... I feel the most unsafe at public gun ranges and after getting muzzle swept by an AR more than twice in a day... you tend to avoid.

Will be interesting to see how the ranges in close proximity to each other do, hopefully creates some opportunities for slower times for gun owners to go and shoot at their own pace.

Figured I'd share my experience shooting at Reloaderz for the first time.  The range is located about 2 miles from my house, so I felt obligated to stop in at least once.

Here's a blow by blow:

- I went in around 8:00 on Friday evening.  There was one couple in the range shooting and several employees, but otherwise it was just me.  VERY friendly girl at the counter greeted me as soon as I entered.  I told her it was my first visit, so she directed me to a kiosk where I sign waivers and input my information.  There's a safety video on a loop playing on a big screen TV that I was encouraged to watch if I was a new shooter, but it wasn't mandatory. 

- When that was done I went back to the girl and paid my $10 to get my 'Reloaderz Card" that I will scan on each subsequent visit.  This was the first negative thing in my mind.  It irked me a little that I had to pay $10 as essentially a registration fee. I don't need a friggin plastic card as I can share my license of FID if they need proof of ID each time.  This is simply a way to get an extra $10 from everyone that walks through the door.  Low-class IMO.  I showed them my license at one point, but never my FID.

- After I got my card I went over to the sales/rental counter.  I had my own supplies, so the only thing I needed was a target (I bought one as I had a roll of 3 inch sticker targets with me).  i told them I'd only need 30 minutes, so they took my new Reloaderz ID and lead me to the range.  I expected to pay to the 1/2 hour and the target at that point but they said that i pay as I leave.  I thought this was interesting.

- Wen I got into the range area they lead me to my port and started the timer.  There were at least 4 range officers there and only the one other couple, but the RO's didn't hover over me.  I'm very careful on the range so they pretty much left me alone.  I know they were watching because one them observed that I was saving my .38 special brass and he offered to bring a mat over when I switched to 9mm.  I thought that was cool.

- The target carrier system is brand new, but the touchscreen is already showing signs of damage from muzzle flashes (I guess it's mounted too far forward) so I suspect that they will need attention before too long.  I could just be me, but the carrier system seemed to be hung pretty low.  i was using a basic silhouette target and at 15 yards I felt like I was shooting downwards to hit center mass.

- Target system gave me a warning when my time was about up, so that was nice.  RO's had been chatting with me a bit about my equipment, and other people shooting had left, so they said I could hang for a few extra minutes if I wanted.  I thought that was pretty nice.

- After I packed up I went back to the sales counter and paid.

I practically had the place to myself and the staff (from RO's to sales people) were extremely nice.  I typically don't like shooting at indoor public ranges but I enjoyed this outing.  I brought a 9mm semi-auto, a revolver, and a shotgun, and while the RO's were watching me but they didn't do a bag, weapon, or ammo inspection at any point (I think I heard someone complain that another new range was doing this).

Overall I'd say it was a very nice trip to the range. 

• Informative 1