Peter Goldwing

United States not so united

United States not so united. 
I carry my legal gun here in Fl with 15 rounds of a hollow point bullets with a concealed weapon permit. Ill go to NJ, the same way, they'll put me in jail. 
You buy your legal marijuana in NJ and bring it here: you might go to jail. Smoking pot is a federal offense while 2nd amendment is a right. Go figure.

• Like 3

I carry my legal gun here in Fl with 15 rounds of a hollow point bullets with a concealed weapon permit. Ill go to NJ, the same way, they'll put me in jail. 
You buy your legal marijuana in NJ and bring it here: you might go to jail. Smoking pot is a federal offense while 2nd amendment is a right. Go figure.

It’s sad. So much divide for all the wrong reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Malice4you said:

...but getting high is importanter than your rights..!  :rolleyes:

Im 52....  I work with a 33 year old boy ....  he  self 'medicated' constantly as he cannot cope with stress.....  

The overindulgence of too many participation trophies...  they have nonidea what freedom is or should mean...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Peter Goldwing said:

You buy your legal marijuana in NJ and you might go to jail here too, a federal offense can still mean jail time in New Jerksey. 

I stopped getting high back in the early 80s and have no desire to get back to it, but:

I'm eligible to get a prescription for the stuff here, due to neuropathy issues, but due to federal restrictions, I'm "afraid" to sign up for getting it. If law enforcement decides to compare records and go after violators of the federal anti-pot laws I could lose my already compromised "right to bear arms". 

I'd rather deal with the foot pain. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Greenday said:

So you are upset that you can't carry your gun to potentially shoot someone, but I or someone else may get away with sitting on the porch, lighting up, and relaxing?

Gm Troll...

I am upset that i am unable to defend myself and my family outside my home from those that once they get passed the THC high and have no more money for weed, or other illegal narcotics, will resort to burglary and assualt to feed the habit.  So yeah.... im upset.

In case you havent noticed we have a drug problem in this country and its starts with weed... prescription meds etc.

Lastly, you own a gun, you light up?  Your a criminal and lied on your 4473, hope you get pinched.

Have a fine rest of the day, doper.....

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Greenday said:

So you are upset that you can't carry your gun to potentially shoot someone, but I or someone else may get away with sitting on the porch, lighting up, and relaxing?

Yes. One is federally illegal but (may be) considered a privilege in NJ the other is a federal right but considered illegal in NJ.  So yes, a bit upsetting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Gm Troll...

I am upset that i am unable to defend myself and my family outside my home from those that once they get passed the THC high and have no more money for weed, or other illegal narcotics, will resort to burglary and assualt to feed the habit.  So yeah.... im upset.

In case you havent noticed we have a drug problem in this country and its starts with weed... prescription meds etc.

Lastly, you own a gun, you light up?  Your a criminal and lied on your 4473, hope you get pinched.

Have a fine rest of the day, doper.....

Of course you have a right to defend yourself and loved ones.

Yes, there are plenty of drug related crimes, but it's typically not as much for pot users as it is other drugs. 

Yes, we DO have a drug problem here these days. But  NO!! the "drug problem" isn't primarily pot, and NO!! pot isn't "The EVIL GATEWAY DRUG!! as so many uninformed people believe. 

You certainly have the right to a viewpoint, and to share it, but there is a difference between opinions, feelings, and facts.  You might want to be sure of "facts" before stating them. 

Greenday may or may not smoke pot, and may or may not do it on his porch. I had the impression his comments were hypothetical, but hey I could be wrong. However, whether it's true or not, you saying he lied on his 4473, or calling him a doper, are not the best way to keep a civil discussion

Of course, that's just MY opinion, worth just about how much you paid for it.

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

That's a little bit of a rediculous response.. 

First off, it's not the potential to shoot someone... It the potential to defend yourself. Don't be an idiot, again. 

Secondly, every single police blotter I read is some idiot getting high in their car... Meaning, the cops smelled burnt pot and found evidence of recent use. Why didn't you mention the potential of those situations? 

I certainly don't approve of the war on drugs, but Im also not a moron and believe we should be spending tax dollars on addicts... Liberals are retarded in that aspect. Let people do what they want, they can also deal with the consequences.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

Of course you have a right to defend yourself and loved ones.

Yes, there are plenty of drug related crimes, but it's typically not as much for pot users as it is other drugs. 

Yes, we DO have a drug problem here these days. But  NO!! the "drug problem" isn't primarily pot, and NO!! pot isn't "The EVIL GATEWAY DRUG!! as so many uninformed people believe. 

You certainly have the right to a viewpoint, and to share it, but there is a difference between opinions, feelings, and facts.  You might want to be sure of "facts" before stating them. 

Greenday may or may not smoke pot, and may or may not do it on his porch. I had the impression his comments were hypothetical, but hey I could be wrong. However, whether it's true or not, you saying he lied on his 4473, or calling him a doper, are not the best way to keep a civil discussion

Of course, that's just MY opinion, worth just about how much you paid for it.

Brother i grew up in theate 70s early 80's...i saw guys that started with weed ...went to qaaludes, mesc, cocaine jail and dead...etc....dont lecture me about weed.

Also reading is fundemental....this is what HE typed....

"but I or someone else may get away with sitting on the porch, lighting up, and relaxing?"

So yes he lied....yes he is a criminal, yes he is a doper....   and there is no need to keep a civil conversation with trolls and those that would limit or question my rights, while pontificating about a federally illegal substance.

• Like 3

Read again the title with a clear mind. Nowhere says that Im against pot or for arming the citizen.What Im saying that all states should abide by ALL the federal laws not pick and choose.

An ill intended guy does not need guns to commit murder. A gun makes easier but so does being strong, or being on drugs. Watch discovery ID. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

at this point you're just an asshole

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Brother i grew up in theate 70s early 80's...i saw guys that started with weed ...went to qaaludes, mesc, cocaine jail and dead...etc....dont lecture me about weed.

Also reading is fundemental....this is what HE typed....

"but I or someone else may get away with sitting on the porch, lighting up, and relaxing?"

So yes he lied....yes he is a criminal, yes he is a doper....   and there is no need to keep a civil conversation with trolls and those that would limit or question my rights, while pontificating about a federally illegal substance.

Some may have done pot first, then moved on to other drugs. Other people go straight to those other drugs and never did pot at all. I'm not trying to lecture you on weed.

"Also reading is fundemental....this is what HE typed...."

If reading is fund A mental, so is writing, and comprehension, spelling, and interpreting . Where he used the word "may" implies possibility, not fact. This phrase MAY have come from someone who has never smoked pot, or never smoked pot on his porch.

He MAY have not smoked pot ever in his life until AFTER he filled out his 4473, so he MAY have not lied on it.

I consider Mrs Hillary Clinton to be lower than whale doo-doo, but I would still be civil in a discussion with her. And it's my understanding that she has allegedly committed criminal acts, too.

I also did NOT see where Greenday was trying to restrict YOUR rights to do anything at all. He seemed TO ME to just be  asking your view regarding the discrepancy between the 2 policies being mentioned. 

Greenday may have differing views than you or I, ( I KNOW I don't agree with all his comments ) but that doesn't make him a troll. Do a Google search on what troll means, you might be misunderstanding it's current common usage.

Meanwhile, I'm respectfully no longer going to pursue this issue with you. Enjoy the day.

9 minutes ago, Greenday said:

My whole point is that fighting against weed is absurd.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In certain, or even many instances, yes. But I think we need to have something to deter using pot and then driving or being in other positions that have added risk to others when one might be under the influence. 

I would not want to share a shooting range or be out hunting when there are people who have been drinking OR smoking pot, just as examples.

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

No, The idea is one cannot protect oneself! I worked in newark and leaving work at 3AM was easy pickens. I was held up in MSG, had a 45 between the eyes, all I could do is raise my hands! Don't spout your shit about shooting someone!

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

Some may have done pot first, then moved on to other drugs. Other people go straight to those other drugs and never did pot at all. I'm not trying to lecture you on weed.

"Also reading is fundemental....this is what HE typed...."

If reading is fund A mental, so is writing, and comprehension, spelling, and interpreting . Where he used the word "may" implies possibility, not fact. This phrase MAY have come from someone who has never smoked pot, or never smoked pot on his porch.

He MAY have not smoked pot ever in his life until AFTER he filled out his 4473, so he MAY have not lied on it.

I consider Mrs Hillary Clinton to be lower than whale doo-doo, but I would still be civil in a discussion with her. And it's my understanding that she has allegedly committed criminal acts, too.

I also did NOT see where Greenday was trying to restrict YOUR rights to do anything at all. He seemed TO ME to just be  asking your view regarding the discrepancy between the 2 policies being mentioned. 

Greenday may have differing views than you or I, ( I KNOW I don't agree with all his comments ) but that doesn't make him a troll. Do a Google search on what troll means, you might be misunderstanding it's current common usage.

Meanwhile, I'm respectfully no longer going to pursue this issue with you. Enjoy the day.

Oh i know a troll when i see one....been around the block for a bit....  lol

Great...sounds like a plan....you strike me as a recreational user as well....  did you vote for murphy to get your legal weed too?  I kmow a gun guy yhat did...  POS....  we r no longer friends...

Yeah that was bait.... ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Greenday said:

I expect you to lop off your penis as simply having one makes you a potential rapist. We can't take that chance.

My whole point is that fighting against weed is absurd.

On this, I agree with you and I don't even partake.

In certain, or even many instances, yes. But I think we need to have something to deter using pot and then driving or being in other positions that have added risk to others when one might be under the influence. 
I would not want to share a shooting range or be out hunting when there are people who have been drinking OR smoking pot, just as examples.
I mean, it's going to remain illegal to be drunk or high while driving. It's going to remain against every club's rules to not be high while shooting. I just think complaining that I can't carry a gun but people can get high is a ridiculous argument.

10 minutes ago, Greenday said:

I just think complaining that I can't carry a gun but people can get high is a ridiculous argument.

It's ridiculous to you, in particular, Young Greenday, because the very concepts of "constitutional rights" and "law and order" are likely ranked pretty low on your list of core personal values. From what I've gathered, you're far more enamored and motivated by a more millennial values mindset (e.g., promoting "equality", banning "hate speech", combating "institutional racism", etc.) 

Although it's always possible your current values might be ingrained for life... I suspect, as you get a little older and get some life experience under your belt, your values may shift to the point where you hold a greater respect for those first 2 values mentioned. Just a guess on my part! (Based on my own journey...) :)

In the meantime, learning to respect others' points of view and not labeling their values or arguments as "ridiculous" might be helpful. Why, who knows what wisdom you might gain if you tempered your knee-jerk dismissive arrogance just a bit? 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It's ridiculous to you, in particular, Young Greenday, because the very concepts of "constitutional rights" and "law and order" are likely ranked pretty low on your list of core personal values. From what I've gathered, you're far more enamored and motivated by a more millennial values mindset (e.g., promoting "equality", banning "hate speech", combating "institutional racism", etc.) 

Although it's always possible your current values might be ingrained for life... I suspect, as you get a little older and get some life experience under your belt, your values may shift to the point where you hold a greater respect for those first 2 values mentioned. Just a guess on my part! (Based on my own journey...) :)

In the meantime, learning to respect others' points of view and not labeling their values or arguments as "ridiculous" might be helpful. Why, who knows what wisdom you might gain if you tempered your knee-jerk dismissive arrogance just a bit? 

Greenie Trollio ROASTED! BASTED and LAMBASTED!

burn_gravity_falls.gif

Although it's always possible your current values might be ingrained for life... I suspect, as you get a little older and get some life experience under your belt, your values may shift to the point where you hold a greater respect for those first 2 values mentioned. Just a guess on my part! (Based on my own journey...) [emoji4]
It's ridiculous to me because smoking weed is a victimless crime. You can't accidentally hurt someone by smoking weed in your living room. You don't carry a gun because it looks cool. You carry it to defend yourself (hopefully). But the use of the gun you carry has much deadlier consequences than the not deadly consequences of someone lighting up a joint. That's why I think it's a ridiculous comparison. It's a comparison of two activities which have drastically different potential consequences.

If your argument is that weed is illegal but it's not enforced, I'd say just because something is illegal doesn't make it automatically wrong (or legal is right).

4 minutes ago, Greenday said:

It's ridiculous to me because smoking weed is a victimless crime. You can't accidentally hurt someone by smoking weed in your living room. You don't carry a gun because it looks cool. You carry it to defend yourself (hopefully). But the use of the gun you carry has much deadlier consequences than the not deadly consequences of someone lighting up a joint. That's why I think it's a ridiculous comparison. It's a comparison of two activities which have drastically different potential consequences.

If your argument is that weed is illegal but it's not enforced, I'd say just because something is illegal doesn't make it automatically wrong (or legal is right).

Setting aside arguments that weed is a pathway drug to harder stuff (personally? I think it may be for SOME people with an addictive tendency, perhaps not for others)… but again, that aside, claiming that the consequences of lighting up are "not deadly" is simply putting blinders on. We know - for a fact - that it affects motor coordination and depth perception in enough of a degree to impair driving, for instance, and DUI is an activity which claims FAR more lives (by multiples) than that of concealed carry holders.

True, those numbers include impairment from alcohol as well - but nonetheless, your bold characterization of it as a "victimless crime" is not true. Some people will, in fact, smoke in their living room (harmless enough) but then run out to the store in their car when the munchies kick in (definitely a problem). Does legalization increase it's recreational use...? And therefore increase the percentage of reported DUI's? Well, there's evidence that's already happening in Colorado (a far less congested state than NJ). I personally don't appreciate a government conducting a massive social experience with me (and other commuters) as their unwilling guinea pigs. But hey, that's just me!

Aside from that, my argument stands - in that you have a profound underappreciation for Constitutional rights (particularly the 2nd)… for why the Bill of Rights was developed, for the good it has provided since, and for the fact that they are supposed to apply to all citizens, not just those in certain states.  

• Like 4

Not for Nuthin' (as we say in Jersey), but this instigator hasn't passed my "sniff test" since Day #1.

Weed Man probably voted for Gov. Freestuff, the same A-hole providing us all with overzealous harassment 24/7/365!

Every-so-often I lament that "there ought to be a rule" that only law abiding gun owners can post.  THIS IS WHY^^^.  If Weed Man filled-out a 4473 to become a gun owner, he LIED ON A FEDERAL FORM, therefore is a criminal.

----30----

• Like 5

It's ridiculous to me because smoking weed is a victimless crime. You can't accidentally hurt someone by smoking weed in your living room. 

drop your roach, burn your low income housing project down, not so victimless now

we can turn your i carry a gun to shoot people argument right the hell around on you

18 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

Not for Nuthin' (as we say in Jersey), but this instigator hasn't passed my "sniff test" since Day #1.

Weed Man probably voted for Gov. Freestuff, the same A-hole providing us all with overzealous harassment 24/7/365!

im willing to bet  he voted early and often for phil

• Like 3