nuclearheli

Any Lawyers interested?

1 minute ago, Shane45 said:

For the curious among us, what did they do????? 

Long and lengthy story and I really don't want to try this case on the internet. They are anti-gun and will go to any lengths to shut down gun dealer's once they find out what you are selling, then they turn their sights on you personally. Another institution that thinks they are running things in this country and can do whatever they want. Looking for a cutthroat lawyer that will show them they can't violate the civil and constitutional rights of law abiding citizens and business owners.

I figure if there are lawyer's willing to sue McDonalds for marketing happy meals there must be some willing to go after the real problems.

21 minutes ago, nuclearheli said:

Long and lengthy story and I really don't want to try this case on the internet. They are anti-gun and will go to any lengths to shut down gun dealer's once they find out what you are selling, then they turn their sights on you personally. Another institution that thinks they are running things in this country and can do whatever they want. Looking for a cutthroat lawyer that will show them they can't violate the civil and constitutional rights of law abiding citizens and business owners.

I figure if there are lawyer's willing to sue McDonalds for marketing happy meals there must be some willing to go after the real problems.

I have a couple questions

1. Amex can shut you off from processing amex transactions but how can they get a dealer closed?
2. How can they affect your personally?

I understand you don't want to litigate on the forum but inquiring minds want to know.
Feel free to PM me if thats better.

2 minutes ago, remixer said:

I have a couple questions

1. Amex can shut you off from processing amex transactions but how can they get a dealer closed?
2. How can they affect your personally?

I understand you don't want to litigate on the forum but inquiring minds want to know.
Feel free to PM me if thats better.

Perhaps it was not to shut down by getting FFL revoked but rather getting personal and business cards shut off too.

Keep in mind, most Amex "business" cards are still tied to personal side too.  Only the Amex "Corporate" cards are stand alone cards, the Amex Small Business cards are in essence personal cards issued to both a tax id and your social.  You are still personally guaranteeing them.

So perhaps they shut off payment processing and then shut off the cards used for business, or personal cards used for business.

In the background you have to keep in mind that over the past year or so, banks have been getting on the "reduce risk" bandwagon and have been reducing their credit exposure. 

4 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Perhaps it was not to shut down by getting FFL revoked but rather getting personal and business cards shut off too.

Keep in mind, most Amex "business" cards are still tied to personal side too.  Only the Amex "Corporate" cards are stand alone cards, the Amex Small Business cards are in essence personal cards issued to both a tax id and your social.  You are still personally guaranteeing them.

So perhaps they shut off payment processing and then shut off the cards used for business, or personal cards used for business.

In the background you have to keep in mind that over the past year or so, banks have been getting on the "reduce risk" bandwagon and have been reducing their credit exposure. 

I see..

Its funny i just started accepting amex a few months back after they called me. I explained we are a gun store and they said they have no issues with that in the terms of service...   My only other connection with amex is a corporate card for a business unrelated to guns.

I assume they can only shutoff payment processing for amex with no effect on the other cards.

I use a "gun friendly" merchant bank... Why would they even have amex an an option if it exposes them to such things.

If your experiences have been positive with AMEX that's a good thing. The intent of this thread was to find out if any attorneys that support this forum would be interested in a consultation. I need a lawyer and this was just one place where I though I might find somebody interested. If that wasn't an appropriate inquiry then please shut down the thread. Otherwise, any attorneys interested in a consultation?

2 minutes ago, nuclearheli said:

If your experiences have been positive with AMEX that's a good thing. The intent of this thread was to find out if any attorneys that support this forum would be interested in a consultation. I need a lawyer and this was just one place where I though I might find somebody interested. If that wasn't an appropriate inquiry then please shut down the thread. Otherwise, any attorneys interested in a consultation?

There are a few attorneys, but a very small percentage of overall member population.  

In general, you have really stirred up the pot with other people who may be in your position and want to know this injustice... does not have to be full detail.

2 hours ago, nuclearheli said:

Another institution that thinks they are running things in this country and can do whatever they want. 

sadly, they are. if you think i'm wrong, then you just don't realize it yet......but every single time anyone spends "their" money through any type of card, they're essentially asking permission from whatever company issued that card.

Please don't make me repeat this over and over again. Any good attorney will tell you posting your case to the internet is a bad thing to do. 

If your processing CC with them you don't have my problem. If you have another "Premium" business relationship with them then you will have my problem once they find out your selling firearms. American Express is a bunch of companies neither of which knows what the other is doing. I still get all kinds of offers from their merchant services trying to get me to accept their card while a war wages on with their Premium Business Services. If your just processing AMEX cards they will gladly take their fees, that's what hypocrites do. If your one of the unlucky ones who got wined and dined into their Premium Business Services you may be looking for a lawyer some day also.

4 hours ago, nuclearheli said:

Please don't make me repeat this over and over again. Any good attorney will tell you posting your case to the internet is a bad thing to do. 

If your processing CC with them you don't have my problem. If you have another "Premium" business relationship with them then you will have my problem once they find out your selling firearms. American Express is a bunch of companies neither of which knows what the other is doing. I still get all kinds of offers from their merchant services trying to get me to accept their card while a war wages on with their Premium Business Services. If your just processing AMEX cards they will gladly take their fees, that's what hypocrites do. If your one of the unlucky ones who got wined and dined into their Premium Business Services you may be looking for a lawyer some day also.

Will have to find it, but there was one south jersey attorney active on the forum... just have to recall his username.  I want to say Cherry Hill area?

13 hours ago, Maksim said:

Will have to find it, but there was one south jersey attorney active on the forum... just have to recall his username.  I want to say Cherry Hill area?

There was a guy that was SJG LAW or some such.  I don't know if he takes 2A cases.  

@nuclearheli I think you may be better served using a search engine.  If you come up short, shoot me a PM and I'll ask a client of mine.  She's an incredibly conservative atty in NYC that may be able to come up with a contact for you.  No guarantees, but I can try.

6 hours ago, Bully said:

There was a guy that was SJG LAW or some such.  I don't know if he takes 2A cases.  

@nuclearheli I think you may be better served using a search engine.  If you come up short, shoot me a PM and I'll ask a client of mine.  She's an incredibly conservative atty in NYC that may be able to come up with a contact for you.  No guarantees, but I can try.

Thats what it was, was just missing the J in the middle.

@SJG  Help here? =)

Changed display names I see.