Mrs. Peel

Holiday Wishes!

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you... and your loved ones!

Thanksgiving is one of those rather unique holidays in that EVERY American can enjoy and partake in the tradition regardless of religious leanings, race, ethnicity, etc. I think that makes it one of those increasingly rare "unifying" and relatively non-controversial experiences in this country.

So, take a moment to express gratitude to the loved ones who make your life richer...  be thankful for your cozy, warm home (on what will be a very chilly Thanksgiving)… and savor your sumptuous Thanksgiving meal. If you're in a position to give to others, I personally find it to be a perfect day to sit down and write out a check to one or two worthy charities to help out others whose lives are less abundant.

Oh, and if you're traveling to visit family or friends, please be very careful... traffic will (as usual) be totally bonkers. :huh:

ENJOY!!

• Like 8

We are having Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday when some friends come up from Md. I am already baking. Made an apple fritter bread to have with coffee in the morning. 

Tomorrow I’ll start baking homemade bread, and maybe even some kolaches!

FB4D7A2F-C59E-4075-AFE4-1F7E4C76A240.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, Displaced Texan said:

We are having Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday when some friends come up from Md. I am already baking. Made an apple fritter bread to have with coffee in the morning. 

Tomorrow I’ll start baking homemade bread, and maybe even some kolaches!

FB4D7A2F-C59E-4075-AFE4-1F7E4C76A240.jpeg

Aren’t kolaches jus a fancy word for pigs in a blanket?

22 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Aren’t kolaches jus a fancy word for pigs in a blanket?

You can make all kinds of kolaches. I like the jalapeño smoked sausage, but ham and cheese are good too! Some people put fruit and cheese in them. 

I’ll also be making a caramel pie, and an apple pie. Mrs Tex doesn’t trust me to make (her favorite) pumpkin pie, so that will be coming from a bakery. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Ray said:

I do not celebrate a day that glorifies the killing of my people and losing our lands to the invaders from Europe.

We should probably have a dna contest...

10 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Try these, nobody will know the difference. :)

hungry-jack-potato-flakes.jpg

No way Jose!

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Unless they like 'em lumpy.

My mashed are muscle! Period!

2 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Hopefully, all the turkeys everyone is cooking aren't able to shoot back, and defend themselves!

Turkey-holding-guns-900x680_1.jpg

Eh, the wild turkeys I’ve eaten taste like crap. 

I’ll stick with butterball. 

• Like 1

We'll be traveling to Kinnelon, NJ to be with our son & his wife & their family at her grandma's.  They'll have a real wood fire going in the family room (Eagle Scouts can make a rip-roarin' BLAZE :) ).  We're in charge of the green bean casserole & beer.  We have one of those casserole keepers (think pizza delivery pouch), so we get "assigned" that task.

I gave-away a 20# frozen turkey I won at a Turkey Shoot last month to the local Church Food Pantry.  Felt good deliverin' it in my orange CNJFO sweatshirt with guns emblazoned on it :)   

My local Club (OBRPC) will be hosting their version of a Clays Shoot both on Friday AND Sunday.  Non-members can attend, and there's usually a kid or two home for the Holiday that comes to enjoy it.

I'm going to try and limit my computer time tomorrow so I can rest-up for the next big news breaking story.

Friday I'll be making personal appearances at a new range or two.  Sunday afternoon I'll be at a new Gun Shop.

From my house to yours, may you all have a very safe & Happy Thanksgiving!

Rosey

Image may contain: 4 people, including Amy Dahl Rosenthal and David Rosenthal, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

I do not celebrate a day that glorifies the killing of my people and losing our lands to the invaders from Europe.

Your people should have built boats and invaded England instead of running around bare-assed, smoking peyote. 

But at least we brought you fire-water.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Handyman said:

Your people should have built boats and invaded England instead of running around bare-assed, smoking peyote. 

Outside the box hardcore! No way it’s intrensic...

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

We also brought much needed diversity to the continent. Diversity is our strength, so they say.

• Like 3