4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Nope

Yep

4 hours ago, Krdshrk said:

moana-review-maui-youre-welcome-song-gif

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

yep

4 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Just trying to help you out buddy...sheesh!

yep

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

You’re both my favorite, I love you both equally.

( ya, no)

nope

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Love ya, Zeke, no shit!

yep

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

Now @Mrs.Zeke be like “ I know that trick, been using it for years”

me( wtf am I peeling for then)

ill figure it out! I smert

nope

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Happy Thanksgiving to all on the board. Okay, even our liberal faction!:)

my sentiments except the liberal faction.  I think the liberal faction is a disease, dangerous to my republic and unsafe around kids but otherwise, have a great meal and GOD BLESS!

This year is a bit different for us. Today is our 10th wedding anniversary and our 3rd son was born 2 weeks ago. My lovely wife agreed instead of hauling the kids anywhere (older boys are 4yrs & 2yrs), we would stick it out at home and be a thankful family of 5.

We are also ordering Chinese food and couldn’t be happier about the decision. God bless!

• Like 2

On 11/21/2018 at 8:48 PM, Handyman said:

Happy Thanksgiving Zeke!

Do you want to swing by AVB's place with me tomorrow? We can sip some port. I think he even has some Grey Poupon and Polaner All fruit.

The best things to do after Thanksgiving is making turkey and lettuce sandwiches with Durkee's Famous Sandwich Sauce.  We do that for the couple of days after Thanksgiving, to finish off the meat....   Delicious!

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

Our dinner is tomorrow, so I’m ramping up the cooking today. 

So far, I’ve done the sausage and cornbread dressing, and made a caramel pie. Mrs Tex made me wait till Saturday morning to make homemade bread. The turkey is in the brine. 

If yall have never never had a caramel pie, it’s the easiest pie you’ll ever make. 

Take 2 14oz cans of Carnation Evaporated Milk. Peel the labels, and put them in a pot and cover them with water.  Keep at least 1” water over the cans. Bring them to a boil, then turn them down to a simmer. Flip the cans every 30 mins. Cook like this for 3 hours. 

Remove the cans and set aside till cool. Don’t open the cans until they are room temp. 

Scoop into a graham cracker pie crust, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings .

Pro-tip on leftovers....

https://pin.it/pfeqt7t36o2xx2

Except I make the pie crust out of a mix of crackers and leftover dressing.

9 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

The best things to do after Thanksgiving is making turkey and lettuce sandwiches with Durkee's Famous Sandwich Sauce.  We do that for the couple of days after Thanksgiving, to finish off the meat....   Delicious!

AVB-AMG

@Handyman try an class up a little!

sheesh

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 2:29 PM, Mrs. Peel said:

Happy Thanksgiving to each of you... and your loved ones!

Thanksgiving is one of those rather unique holidays in that EVERY American can enjoy and partake in the tradition regardless of religious leanings, race, ethnicity, etc. I think that makes it one of those increasingly rare "unifying" and relatively non-controversial experiences in this country.

So, take a moment to express gratitude to the loved ones who make your life richer...  be thankful for your cozy, warm home (on what will be a very chilly Thanksgiving)… and savor your sumptuous Thanksgiving meal. If you're in a position to give to others, I personally find it to be a perfect day to sit down and write out a check to one or two worthy charities to help out others whose lives are less abundant.

@Mrs. Peel:

I thought I would resurrect this thread that you started two years ago around Thanksgiving, since it is as relevant now, if not even more so, as we near the end of this very traumatic and devastating year of 2020.

After seeing the long lines of cars of families around our country, lined up to receive supplies of food from Food Banks, it certainly made an impression on me.   Therefore, I decided to make another financial donation to our local food bank, the Community Food Bank of New Jersey.  They have recently announced a 3 for 1 match of any dollar donations made to them, by the Dec. 31st 2020. I have already made a couple of donations to them earlier this year due to the many food hardships either directly or indirectly caused by the COVID-19 virus pandemic.

I was waiting to see what the presumed final bill in Congress will include that is expected to be finalized and approved before Christmas and what it may include towards this very important charitable cause.  But since they are taking so damn long to agree to a compromise, I made my contribution online today.

As far as I am concerned, making sure that Americans have enough food to survive is far more of basic necessity than many other charities right now, especially since so many people are still out of work and cannot afford the basic necessities of life.

FYI, I prefer to donate to charities whose causes I believe in and who have a proven historical track record of having a very high percentage of each dollar donated ACTUALLY going to that cause, and not to support an administrative bureaucracy. My preference is to give money to help people and not send messages....

AVB-AMG

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

FYI, I prefer to donate to charities whose causes I believe in and who have a proven historical track record of having a very high percentage of each dollar donated ACTUALLY going to that cause, and not to support an administrative bureaucracy. My preference is to give money to help people and not send messages....

If your truly concerned about where the dollars go, maybe do what we do, and donate actual food instead. We regularly buy extra staples when grocery shopping, and deliver bags of food directly to the food pantry all year long. This way, the food is ready to go to the needy, and there's no concern the administration staff will misuse the dollars.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread! It's perfect timing. Personally, whether you contribute money, food or volunteer hours, I think donations to the Community Food Bank of NJ are always a good idea! I've know about the organization for a number of years... and have been impressed with how they manage quite a gargantuan logistics challenge while making it look rather seamless.  

But this year, in particular, with the hardships people are experiencing due to OOVID-19 business closures & reductions/lost jobs, etc. - it's a particularly great time to help out! Due to this reminder, I noodled around the Internet a little - and I found out that Hunters Helping the Hungry (a NJ non-profit) have a special grant this year making it even easier for hunters to donate venison. So, I'll go make that post now over in the hunting forum, and then come back and add the link here! :D

Edit: and here's a link to the other thread I started: 

19 hours ago, Sniper said:

If your truly concerned about where the dollars go, maybe do what we do, and donate actual food instead. We regularly buy extra staples when grocery shopping, and deliver bags of food directly to the food pantry all year long. This way, the food is ready to go to the needy, and there's no concern the administration staff will misuse the dollars.

@Sniper:

What you do is certainly another very good option to help address the growing hunger problem in NJ and nationally, so I applaud your efforts in that regard.

In the mid-2000’s, I had conversations with the management of the Community Food Bank of New Jersey (CFBNJ) during their fund raiser events.  From those discussions I decided to follow their suggestion that with a financial donation they receive, they can then best determine what their specific needs are to fill on a weekly basis.  Specifically, what food items are in the most demand at that time, as well as what programs would benefit the most from an infusion of money.  Thus, my reasoning for contributing money to them instead of actual food items, so they can decide where it should be best applied, on an ongoing basis.  Also, they have a very high percentage, (93.9%) of donated dollars that go towards the actual expenses of the programs, services and food that it delivers. (see links below)

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3545

https://cfbnj.org/

FYI, for the last several years when I was working full-time, I signed up for a automatic monthly financial donation to the CFBNJ, charged directly to my credit card.  It was the easiest way to contribute to a highly regarded charity that provides a much-needed important service to those suffering from food insecurities in our state.

AVB-AMG

Merry Christmas my deplorable friends. I'm eating giant cashews, drinking ice cold Molson and waiting for Pizza Man. How much better could it get?

Later; sit by the wood stove with my loyal hound, good wife and a stiff drink. That's how much better. And busting clays tomorrow.

God Bless America.

• Like 1