myhatinthering

new sig p320

Took my new sig out to the range for some shooting and although I love the feel and accuracy of this handgun, experienced 8 stovepipes in 300 rounds with 5 in the first 100, 2 in next 100 and 1 in the next 100.  Upon receiving it, I broke it down and inspected but did not lube it ( I never do this to new guns as I run them like this to wear into each part faster upon break in) and have yet to experience this many in any new semi auto handgun I've ever owned.  I'm breaking it down tonight, will clean, lube, inspect etc and bring her back out on Sunday. 

What sort of issues were you having?

Not cycling completely?  What kind of ammo?  Weak ammo + tight springs?

I recall H&K somewhere recommended, at least for their guns, to run +p ammo the first few hundred rounds, or at the very least heavier grain.  

42 minutes ago, Maksim said:

What sort of issues were you having?

Not cycling completely?  What kind of ammo?  Weak ammo + tight springs?

I recall H&K somewhere recommended, at least for their guns, to run +p ammo the first few hundred rounds, or at the very least heavier grain.  

just stovepipes and one failure to eject.

I've had 1 or 2 of these issues on other new semis but not like this.  

I used blazer 115gr fmj. 

Took the whole thing apart, cleaned, lubed and worked the action quite a bit.  We'll see this weekend

29 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Over 2k and zero issues ( I pre cleaned mine)

zero issues

gotta say however, love the feel and accuracy of this handgun.  The recoil seems negligible and love how it lines right up for the next shot.  big fan and thinking I've just got one that has that first 500 rounds of needed break-in that sometimes occurs

11 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

just stovepipes and one failure to eject.

I've had 1 or 2 of these issues on other new semis but not like this.  

I used blazer 115gr fmj. 

Took the whole thing apart, cleaned, lubed and worked the action quite a bit.  We'll see this weekend

There is the issue.

Was it Blazer or Blazer brass?

Blazer bimetal/aluminum/non-brass ammo, particular 115 gr, when I chronoed it, was quite a bit weaker... and the case did not seal as much, causing issues.

Shoot some other brass cased ammo and should have no issues with the gun. =)

5 minutes ago, Maksim said:

There is the issue.

Was it Blazer or Blazer brass?

Blazer bimetal/aluminum/non-brass ammo, particular 115 gr, when I chronoed it, was quite a bit weaker... and the case did not seal as much, causing issues.

Shoot some other brass cased ammo and should have no issues with the gun. =)

brass but to be honest, all my firearms go through every type of ammo and if they can't cycle reliably, they go

Happy to report all is well. 1 mag was not seating properly as there was something stuck behind the lip preventing it from functioning properly. Did not notice it when I took it apart to clean it inspect it move it after the other day. Ironically I noticed it after using the other magazine which was sitting perfectly. Went through 200 rounds of 124 grain Aguila, 200 rounds of Blazer 115 grain, 200 rounds of wolf Steel nothing wrong, function flawlessly

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

I will say that I really like this handgun. It lines up naturally when you point to shoot, there's almost no recoil impulse and the reset is fine on the trigger. Very comfortable to shoot

It’s awesomeness!

6 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

Happy to report all is well. 1 mag was not seating properly as there was something stuck behind the lip preventing it from functioning properly. Did not notice it when I took it apart to clean it inspect it move it after the other day. Ironically I noticed it after using the other magazine which was sitting perfectly. Went through 200 rounds of 124 grain Aguila, 200 rounds of Blazer 115 grain, 200 rounds of wolf Steel nothing wrong, function flawlessly

Pro tip.. tag your mags.. if you are getting issues with any gun it’s easy to eliminate mags. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Pro tip.. tag your mags.. if you are getting issues with any gun it’s easy to eliminate mags. 

usually look at the mags first but there was a piece of plastic under the guide, oddest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Never once saw this on any magazine in my life.  Just a stupid 1 in a million thing.

love the handgun though, just love it. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

usually look at the mags first but there was a piece of plastic under the guide, oddest thing I've ever seen in my life.  Never once saw this on any magazine in my life.  Just a stupid 1 in a million thing.

love the handgun though, just love it. 

Me also 

• Like 1