Dr. Goodshot

S&W Model 15 - coming soon?

When you look up the Smith and Wesson Model 15 revolver at gearfire.com, it gives the info about it, and the page says "coming soon."

https://www.gearfire.com/smith-wesson/smith&wesson.smith-wesson-model-15-classic-38-special-4-barrel-6-rounds-wood-grip-blue-finish-150716-40

Could this possibly mean that S&W is going to re-release the Model 15 soon? I know they recently reintroduced Model 19, so could the 15 be next? Is there some way to find out that I don't know about?

The use of the word "Classic" would seem to indicate that they'll be bringing it back as part of that line. If the picture is accurate, it would appear that all they're doing is boring the chambers shorter on the re-introduced Model 19 Classic. The original Model 15 did not have an ejector rod shroud - that was used on the adustable-sighted magnums.

Original Model 15-3 (with Hogue grip, TT & TH)...

2zntuvt.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

On 11/24/2018 at 11:41 AM, Ray Ray said:

With Model 15s EVERYWHERE and cheap, these will only sell to collectors.  Not me, I prefer the originals.

I have to agree with you on that one when it comes to the S&W classic line.

Yes, they do have the internal lock. I'd be more curious if they are going to use the barrel/shroud set-up on the 15 like they do on the 66 and the Classic 19. Really not necessary on a .38 and adds bulk and weight. As Ray-Ray says, why go classic when the real thing is relatively available and not all that expensive.

Adios,

Pizza Bob