myhatinthering

Elftmann ultralight stock

I have one. I used this:

10-32 x 1" Button Head Torx Security Machine Screw Bolt Screws Stainless Steel Tamper Resistant

I was told this would be considered fixed in place as it would require a specific tool to remove as told by an FFL. The stock does not move while screwed in place obviously.  Would prefer some others opinions as well.

The law states: no folding or collapsible stocks... this stock is obviously neither once the screw is put in. That was the FFL's thought and it seems to meet the definition once a screw/bolt is installed.

5 hours ago, Chris1 said:

I have one. I used this:

10-32 x 1" Button Head Torx Security Machine Screw Bolt Screws Stainless Steel Tamper Resistant

I was told this would be considered fixed in place as it would require a specific tool to remove as told by an FFL. The stock does not move while screwed in place obviously.  Would prefer some others opinions as well.

The law states: no folding or collapsible stocks... this stock is obviously neither once the screw is put in. That was the FFL's thought and it seems to meet the definition once a screw/bolt is installed.

I agree with that assessment.. there is no reference to permenancy.. so one would think even a regular screw would be fine..

Requiring a special tool is not a requirement..

As far as I understand the law.. the legal test should simply be does it fold or telescope.. nothing more..

6 hours ago, Chris1 said:

I have one. I used this:

pics!

2 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

pics!

Blurry pic as it's zoomed in and cropped from the original pic to highlight the stock. I used a red sharpie to accent the bolt/screw... can take a better picture for you later. 

PK90- its light, fits the shoulder well, is NJ compliant without visiting a smith for pinning, and is visually appealing. I keep mine all the way forward as I like a short(er) stock.

IMG_2198.PNG

3 minutes ago, PK90 said:

What's the advantage over an M4, MOE, or AFX?

none really but it looks cool

Just now, Chris1 said:

Blurry pic as it's zoomed in and cropped from the original pic to highlight the stock. I used a red sharpie to accent the bolt/screw... can take a better picture for you later. 

PK90- its light, fits the shoulder well, is NJ compliant without visiting a smith for pinning, and is visually appealing. I keep mine all the way forward as I like a short(er) stock.

IMG_2198.PNG

love it....deal is gone at $99 and out of stock so I'll watch and set an alert. 

I do like that pad - I had the full BAD sabertube and while I liked it, I did not like the fact that BAD used a proprietary qd mount / endplate specifically for the sabertube. I wanted to keep the regular milspec 6 position tube. I may get just that butt pad in the near future.

I forgot the name of this buttplate I used and have, but it did come loose once or twice. Should've used a dab of blue loctite but didn't have any on hand and just ended up switching to the elf.

IMG_2199.PNG

26 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Woo. I like it. Search your brain for the name. LOL

Just found it. Phase 5 Tactical Universal Mini Stock (UMS). It locks down with two screws. (Should've looked at the picture but I'm fumbling around at work) it's the Rear hole (duh) that's a PITA without the longer Allen key!! *** They do provide one with it, but after installing, shooting, removing and reinstalling, I realized it's in the toolbox with the other 500 allen keys I have.

... Lol. :crazy:

11 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

none really but it looks cool

love it....deal is gone at $99 and out of stock so I'll watch and set an alert. 

thanks, let me know as I'm definitely going to get one.  much appreciated!

I've got a nice custom od green lower set it's going to go on