According with  recent news S Dakota is very likely to introduce constitutional carry. I think thats the 15th state to do so.

I have a question which is totally different:

Hr 38 has passed and now it is S446 in the senate.( it looks like is going nowhere) My question is what happens if it does not get voted on this year; could be voted in next year or its done with- has to be reintroduced as a house bill?

2 minutes ago, Peter Goldwing said:

If it doesn’t pass the senate this year it’s done. Could be added to a spending bill but doubtful.

Likely Wont pass the house next year ( next Congress). 

S Dakota will most likely go constitutional next year.. good trend..

7 hours ago, Peter Goldwing said:

According with  recent news S Dakota is very likely to introduce constitutional carry. I think thats the 15th state to do so.

I have a question which is totally different:

Hr 38 has passed and now it is S446 in the senate.( it looks like is going nowhere) My question is what happens if it does not get voted on this year; could be voted in next year or its done with- has to be reintroduced as a house bill?

If it doesn't get voted by the senate and presented to the president to sign during this legislative session, it will have to be reintroduced and voted in the house and senate during next session. All bills reset at every legislative session; i.e. every two years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

If it doesn’t pass the senate this year it’s done.

It's been sitting in the REPUBLICAN controlled Senate for over a year. If they had ANY intention of voting on it, they would have taken a vote.

It ain't ever going anywhere. Nice pipe dream anyway...

Just now, Sniper22 said:

It's been sitting in the REPUBLICAN controlled Senate for over a year. If they had ANY intention of voting on it, they would have taken a vote.

It ain't ever going anywhere. Nice pipe dream anyway...

It’s over when it’s over. And it has passed senate in the past.. 

2 hours ago, BobA said:

According to this the last paragraph says it’s going nowhere fast. 

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr38/summary

Apparently some people in this thread missed some details from that link:

Votes and odds of passage

The legislation passed the House on December 6 by a 231–198 vote. Six Democrats voted in favor, while 14 Republicans voted against. It had first attracted 213 cosponsors: 210 Republicans and three Democrats.

It now goes to the Senate, although they do not plan to take up the bill until spring 2018. The version introduced in the Senate has attracted 39 of the 52 Senate Republicans as cosponsors,

Didn't Spring 2018 already pass???????

Plus, there were 14 Repubs in the House that didn't vote for it. I won't even touch on how the Senate was leaning...

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Onus has been tossed here.. you figure it out 

....."A 2013 Senate vote on the measure received more ‘aye’ than ‘nay’ votes, by a 57–43 margin, but needed 60 votes to pass."

See, wasn't that easy???

Maybe it will pass THIS TIME with 60 votes right after you see this:

when%20pigs%20fly.0.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Apparently some people in this thread missed some details from that link:

Votes and odds of passage

The legislation passed the House on December 6 by a 231–198 vote. Six Democrats voted in favor, while 14 Republicans voted against. It had first attracted 213 cosponsors: 210 Republicans and three Democrats.

It now goes to the Senate, although they do not plan to take up the bill until spring 2018. The version introduced in the Senate has attracted 39 of the 52 Senate Republicans as cosponsors,

Didn't Spring 2018 already pass???????

Plus, there were 14 Repubs in the House that didn't vote for it. I won't even touch on how the Senate was leaning...

....."A 2013 Senate vote on the measure received more ‘aye’ than ‘nay’ votes, by a 57–43 margin, but needed 60 votes to pass."

See, wasn't that easy???

Maybe it will pass THIS TIME with 60 votes right after you see this:

when%20pigs%20fly.0.jpg

Told ya.. and I didn’t work for it..:B:):

5 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Told ya.. and I didn’t work for it..:B:):

Here's a quick tip, getting a majority vote in Senate or getting enough votes to pass so it can be handed off for signing by the President into law, are two different animals.

It's nice that we all get to walk around all 50 states CCW, due to that bill being passed in the Senate in 2013..

Oh, wait..

Also from that link:

.... "However, _McClatchy _confirmed through interviews that most of those Senate Democrats who once voted in favor are now opposed, due to a combination of escalating mass shootings and a greater consensus within the Democratic Party over the past few years. That near-lack of bipartisan support would make it significantly more difficult for the measure to overcome a possible Senate filibuster. "

Please let me know when you see this:

19 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

when%20pigs%20fly.0.jpg