vladtepes

Brownells WTF..

Dear Brownells...

I am not sure what kind of operation you are running over there.. but let me just say.. not impressed..

I don't order often.. but decided to get in on a Black Friday deal.. item was in stock.. decent pricing.. so I made the order..

I check on some things and notice this morning that my order is on hold.. I try to call.. no one is there.. but then I notice chat is available.. and I think oh great I will get this resolved real quick.. NOPE..

spoke to two different people.. who were completely useless.. BUT it is important to note that they were not useless because of effort.. they were both great.. and patient.. these two people I spoke to today should be commended for staying calm as I expressed my displeasure.. so why were they useless you might ask? glad you asked.. I will tell you.. whatever ridiculous policy you have in place that caused my order to be "on hold" was something they are not permitted to fix.. they advised me I just needed to call tomorrow..

CALL??? is this like 1995??? why would I call when I am already taking time out of my schedule to deal with this.. I AM ALREADY TALKING TO A REP.. A REP THAT YOU HAVE STOPPED FROM ACTUALLY HELPING.. I work 60.. 70 hours a week.. and getting on the phone with you guys tomorrow is just not in the schedule..

the world moves fast.. and people need to be able to complete commerce fast.. asking me to call is similar to asking me to pen you a letter and send it via the mail.. if you can't handle things swiftly.. if you can't help customers when they are available.. you are obviously not the right company for me..

ironically I found the same part somewhere else.. somewhere that is happy to take my money.. pretty much the same price as well.. but the big bonus? they are not going to require me to work to make a purchase..

you are a huge company.. good pricing.. massive selection.. might be a good idea to up your customer support game a bit..

That's really odd. I ordered some .308 from them at an amazing price, then someone gave me a coupon code for it, so I bought more. Through the the chat I was able to cancel my first order so I could buy it again cheaper, found out I needed to send my FPID info, and all was good. 

So I'm surprised they couldn't help you.

I love Brownells. I signed up for the Edge Program years ago. If I need a $1 crush washer, they'll ship it for free. And no extra fees for firearms.

Sent from an undisclosed location via Tapatalk

I have ordered from them before and had no significant issue to speak of.. I understand things go out of stock.. I understand there can be issues.. but this exchange with the rep was beyond ridiculous.. 

Summary 

Rep: Hi I am here to help what can I do.. 
Me: order blah blah is on hold
Rep: Oh I see your order is on hold.. just give us a call tomorrow..
Me: why is it on hold
Rep: I don't know
Me: can you get me someone who can help me
Rep: they are not here
Me: can you tell me why it is on hold
Rep: no sorry I am not allowed to tell you

buying something should NEVER be that hard.. it was absurd.. also just to be clear.. it was an unregulated part.. I wasn't trying to ship drums to NJ or anything.. 

6 hours ago, vladtepes said:

I have ordered from them before and had no significant issue to speak of.. I understand things go out of stock.. I understand there can be issues.. but this exchange with the rep was beyond ridiculous.. 

Summary 

Rep: Hi I am here to help what can I do.. 
Me: order blah blah is on hold
Rep: Oh I see your order is on hold.. just give us a call tomorrow..
Me: why is it on hold
Rep: I don't know
Me: can you get me someone who can help me
Rep: they are not here
Me: can you tell me why it is on hold
Rep: no sorry I am not allowed to tell you

buying something should NEVER be that hard.. it was absurd.. also just to be clear.. it was an unregulated part.. I wasn't trying to ship drums to NJ or anything.. 

OK cancel my order.

REP. Sorry can't do that

They never know why they can't give you what you paid for but they sure as hell know they can't refund your money.

Never had a bad experience with Brownell’s. MidwayUSA, either... well, except for them dropping their C&R discounts. And the BS with the FID being uploaded to their website... not to mention they pull it every few years and make you resubmit it. Makes you want to slap Potterfield on the side of his head.

Brownells is my go-to supplier, as they do shave the prices a little bit with me having my FFL. I just picked up a SIG Romeo 5 from them, for a very decent price. Will be going on my SUB-2000... hopefully when MCARBO gets their mount out.