kotkot

WTB precision Bolt rifle

21 posts in this topic

Kimber Advanced Tactical SOC II 308 WinchesterHi All, 

looking for quality, precision rifle. Let me know what you have.  308Win preferred. No optics needed but will consider complete package. 

Must prove rifle’s worth at the range. :B:):

For example, Something like ..Kimber Advanced Tactical SOC II 308 Winchester

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

would rather buy a heavy 5r sps, get a great stock, bed it and work the action for less and you'll have a sub moa shooter all day.  Once you break .7/.8 then you are really looking at the right load for the barrel and shooter ability to get it consistently lower

in my humble opinion

5 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

in my humble opinion

I have no humble opinion.  I stumbled upon this listing on gun deals and shared it.  Dunno if it's even a good deal.  If anything, I have a humble inclination, and that would be to spend $1,000.00 less and buy a Ruger Precision Rifle.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

I have no humble opinion.  I stumbled upon this listing on gun deals and shared it.  Dunno if it's even a good deal.  If anything, I have a humble inclination, and that would be to spend $1,000.00 less and buy a Ruger Precision Rifle.

I'd agree with you there, was behind one that was printing .75-.85 out of the box!  On youtube you can see plenty of great reviews out to 1k yards. 

I'm with you sir!

I have a 700SPS in 308 in a McMillan A1-3 in .308.  I am hoping to run it to the range on Sunday or Monday and see how it shoots.  I'm not hopeful as I just threw a load together of Varget and 168Amax but we'll see how she does.  If it does well I'll reach out @kotkot and exchange numbers again.  If you haven't lost mine, feel free to shoot me a text and I'll send you a pic of how it sits now.  (I used to go by Topher on here)

And I'd pass on the Kimber as well.  That's me tho. For hunting Controlled Round Feed is awesome.  For range/tactical/target, it's a pain in the ass ESPECIALLY if you want to load longer than mag length, which I do.  Push feed is a much better option.  

Well...

I didn't do any work up.  I haven't shot the rifle yet.  I threw together a book load of powder/bullet and will go shoot it to see if my opinion of 308 has changed...  It's doubtful.  

I did something similar with my old Ruger VT in 308 and shot a .44 so extensive work up is not always necessary.  Sometimes just a little luck it all it takes.  

If I do like it and/or don't sell it, I'll do my standard 10 round load development as per the 6.5 Guys.  We'll see.  I may wind up cutting the barrel to 16 1/2" and threading for a brake just for fun.  I really don't know.  

I have Savage BA10 stealth now, I think I like it better than Ruger.  I don't shoot more than 300 yards and already have 308 dies and all, that's why I'd prefer to stick to 308.  

My concern with Savage is trigger release.  trigger Pull is light, but it seems to shake rifle visibly when hammer hits.  combining that with me being crappy long range shooter, I get very inconsistent results.  that's why I am looking for another rifle..  

17 hours ago, Bully said:

I have a 700SPS in 308 in a McMillan A1-3 in .308.  I am hoping to run it to the range on Sunday or Monday and see how it shoots.  I'm not hopeful as I just threw a load together of Varget and 168Amax but we'll see how she does.  If it does well I'll reach out @kotkot and exchange numbers again.  If you haven't lost mine, feel free to shoot me a text and I'll send you a pic of how it sits now.  (I used to go by Topher on here)

And I'd pass on the Kimber as well.  That's me tho. For hunting Controlled Round Feed is awesome.  For range/tactical/target, it's a pain in the ass ESPECIALLY if you want to load longer than mag length, which I do.  Push feed is a much better option.  

I still have your number Sir..  I am around most of the week except Monday if you want to meet at cherry Ridge... I would also be grateful for a reloading lesson!   Thanks!!  

1 hour ago, kotkot said:

I think I like it better than Ruger.  I don't shoot more than 300 yards and already have 308 dies

Not for nut'n but, I've been seeing some insane BF/CM deals on the RPR in 308, like under $800.00.  For that kind of price, you can shoot it and if you don't like it sell it for what you are into it  for, including NICS and FFL and walk away from it having lost noting.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, kotkot said:

I still have your number Sir..  I am around most of the week except Monday if you want to meet at cherry Ridge... I would also be grateful for a reloading lesson!   Thanks!!  

Shoot me a text.  I'm home and always happy to help.

1 person likes this

I'm getting ready to list my RPR in .243. Plenty of life left in the barrel - I've only had time to put 40 rounds through it. It's complete and ready to go with a Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50, new Seekins handguard, aluminum bolt shroud, rear adjustable monopod, forward bipod, 2 magazines and a 5.11 case. Plus a few boxes of ammo. PM me if interested.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, SIGMan Freud said:

I'm getting ready to list my RPR in .243. Plenty of life left in the barrel - I've only had time to put 40 rounds through it. It's complete and ready to go with a Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50, new Seekins handguard, aluminum bolt shroud, rear adjustable monopod, forward bipod, 2 magazines and a 5.11 case. Plus a few boxes of ammo. PM me if interested.

Thanks. I am looking for 308 only at this time.