bry@n

Member needs our help

Good evening peeps. 

Ron Yorkovich’s daughter is having a rough go of it and could really use our help. Ron’s username on NJGF is 82ndAbnRVN. I’ve dealt with him on several deals and always a gentleman. Ron is a Vietnam Vet who was exposed to agent orange which doesn’t help their situation  

what am I asking? Well, for you guys to donate. I know some will be cynical, but somebody doesn’t ask for help for their kids unless they need it. They are good people. 

We’ve helped members with a dog, why not their kids? If we could get a donation or even a raffle going, I’d be willing to throw in a case of 9mm to start it off  

please help, even if it’s $5  

https://www.gofundme.com/jessie039s-dba-bone-marrow-transplant

I am not exactly sure how the raffle would work. Ultimately, we can do several things. 

1. Put it all in one basket and have people buy spots. Winner takes all. 

2. Football pool. Completely based on the scores of a game. Winner take all

3. Raffle things and have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. 

All proceeds go to the go fund me page via donation or we hand them a check. I’m open to whatever people believe is best. I’ve had a few offer services also, so I think this could be really great and we take care of our own. 

Btw, thanks to those who’ve donated. 

I am not exactly sure how the raffle would work. Ultimately, we can do several things. 
1. Put it all in one basket and have people buy spots. Winner takes all. 
2. Football pool. Completely based on the scores of a game. Winner take all
3. Raffle things and have 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. 
All proceeds go to the go fund me page via donation or we hand them a check. I’m open to whatever people believe is best. I’ve had a few offer services also, so I think this could be really great and we take care of our own. 
Btw, thanks to those who’ve donated. 

Let me know.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sota said:

since GFM lists donors on the right you do a "in" post in here, cross-checked with GFM's list, then decide from there how you want to run the raffle.

Gotta be honest and say I’m a little confused by this. I’m by no means a GFM guru. So if you could dumb it down for me, that would be great. 

25 minutes ago, remixer said:

How would a raffle work on the forum?

If you have an online merch account, then just add the raffle as a product for sale on your website.  Members go to your website to purchase raffle tix.  You decide the price and number of tix.  For instance each ticket is $5.00 and it's limited to 100 tickets.  Basically a $500.00 donation. 

It may get complicated on how (method) you draw the winner.

• Like 1

sure:

GFM lists the donors on the right side of the page.
If Steve wanted to do a raffle here, with entry into it having a donation requirement, then they can donate on GFM, post here with the content of "in", Steve can tabulate all the "in"s, cross-reference the persons with the GFM donation list, then somehow determine a winner when the time comes.

• Like 1

I think that’s the easiest way also. Just give everyone a number and do a random generator wheel. Kinda like the wheel idea. 

We coukd also do multiple drawings. One for Ammo, one for the hi point. There’s also the possibility we could have more. So, let’s see where this goes. 

35 minutes ago, bry@n said:

Well, so far, we have the hi-point rifle and the case of 9. Let’s see what we can come up with to add to that. 

Sure... how about 3 years of NJGF Premier membership and will gather up some goodies I have from Shot Show... Signed memorabilia, etc. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Sure... how about 3 years of NJGF Premier membership and will gather up some goodies I have from Shot Show... Signed memorabilia, etc. 

Mak,

It appears that Steve does not have a website capable of doing merch transactions.  Would you be willing to host 3rd party raffle transactions on NJGF?

2 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Mak,

It appears that Steve does not have a website capable of doing merch transactions.  Would you be willing to host 3rd party raffle transactions on NJGF?

Possibly?

I think the simplest for the community, whomever takes the money or organizes this, just issue tickets and record the video or live drawing, or make it at an event or at a place where we present the cash.

This online raffle service could work...https://rallyup.com/pricing/?price=raffle

No fees for donors except for "tips" and credit card processing fees 

Or this place... https://raffles.ticketprinting.com/How-It-Works/ (Raffle River)

No fees for donors except credit card processing fees - no mention of a "tip"

Or just pick a name out of a hat lol

After Harvey, one of my favorite on-line  suppliers had a raffle to help the Texas SPCA.  They raffled off a M&P 22lr AR.  (I won it btw) The raffle was very easy.  The  tickets were limited, and treated like any other stocked item.  Tickets were $5/ea and you could buy as many as you wanted, but limited to 200 tix.  Which gave the buyer a 1:200 chance if they bought just one ticket.  After all the tix sold out, the drawing was done.

I think the items you are offering and the carbine that Steve wants to put up can generate a substantial donation.  The forum only needs a simplified, and centralized means to do it.  You could also promote the raffle by sending out an e-mail blast.  That is how I was informed of the Harvey SPCA relief raffle.

Also, at this point, it may be prudent to bring any raffle discussion to PM so as not to overshadow the topic.