bry@n

Member needs our help

16 minutes ago, Lakota said:

running raffles and selling raffle tickets in NJ require paperwork and licensing. sometimes even at the town level as well as the state.  be cautious if you go that route. 

I’m aware of this. I’m actually looking into what is required. 

The pther option is to do it auction styke style. We did this in the past as well 

19 minutes ago, Lakota said:

running raffles and selling raffle tickets in NJ require paperwork and licensing. sometimes even at the town level as well as the state.  be cautious if you go that route. 

Ran into this. You need a gaming commission license.

done.

if i may ask how many days post BMT? at BMT+471 we arent back to normal yet.

cant help it, i have all the medical parent questions.

while i dont know crap about DBA, i know more then i want to about BMT and ped medicine, so if they need or want it i can gladly pass my info along.

Done.

Alexander Roubian at, NJ2AS raffles off rifles periodically.  He just had one last month.  Maybe it'd be worth contacting him to see what the issues are with the state.He can process purchases through his website but he might have some other helpful information.

https://www.nj2as.org/giveaway_announced

Right - Another member here tried to do a Raffle and apparently NJ bans raffles for firearms - HOWEVER - you can raffle off a Gift Certificate good for the value of 1 of said firearm...

13:47-6.20 PROHIBITED PRIZES
a) No licensee shall offer or award any prize consisting of real estate or any interest therein, bonds, shares of stock, securities or evidences of indebtedness, weapons, live animals (except a gift certificate redeemable for live, edible seafood), foreign or domestic coins (except collector pieces or sets that are marketed as such and are clearly not intended for use as legal tender), tobacco products, motor vehicle leases, or any merchandise refundable in any of the foregoing or as money or cash.

That being said - Donated.

• Like 1

Wow. You quoted me from over 4 years ago. LOL

15 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Right - Another member here tried to do a Raffle and apparently NJ bans raffles for firearms - HOWEVER - you can raffle off a Gift Certificate good for the value of 1 of said firearm...

13:47-6.20 PROHIBITED PRIZES
a) No licensee shall offer or award any prize consisting of real estate or any interest therein, bonds, shares of stock, securities or evidences of indebtedness, weapons, live animals (except a gift certificate redeemable for live, edible seafood), foreign or domestic coins (except collector pieces or sets that are marketed as such and are clearly not intended for use as legal tender), tobacco products, motor vehicle leases, or any merchandise refundable in any of the foregoing or as money or cash.

I would say your gift certificate is a nogo no?

I remember i wanted to raffle a colt rifle a few years back for the local firehouse, called the gaming commission and was told need permits etc etc  But i figured that was very public this was not...

4 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Wow. You quoted me from over 4 years ago. LOL

I would say your gift certificate is a nogo no?

i think its about the money with NJ

Thanks everyone. 

I think if we took it off the forum or put it behind a password protected forum, we could do it. 

Maybe everyone sends 5-10$ to be part of a club. As a member, names get pulled out of a hat for being awesome. Lol

• Like 2

Thank you everyone. Every little bit helps. 

If if I can figure out a way to do some sort of raffle without putting anybody at risk I will. I wonder if it’s all done as a donation if it will work. Not sure. 

Just wanted to pass the word, Ron has passed. I just heard thru the Boy Scout grapevine. His son and mine were in the same troop together for a good number of years, and I liked him. We spent  at least a few hours shooting the bull at Scout functions. 

His wife Peggy was also a heck of a gal, always ready to jump in, like Ron, to help the boys.

He will be missed. 

Anyone who wishes to pay their respects in person,  here's where the services will be.

Visitation will be at Memorial Funeral Home, 155 South Avenue, Fanwood, NJ on Friday January 11th from 3:30-6:30PM. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in Ron’s memory to Wounded Warriors Family Support (Omaha, NE; www. WWFS.org).

Wow. Just spoke to Ron about his daughter when I posted this. Hadn’t followed back up with him since the holidays. 

Ron was a good guy and veteran who was exposed to agent orange. May he RIP andnorayers tonhis family. I’m going to attempt making the services after work. Anybody who would like to meet up, pm me and I’ll pass along my number.