JohnnyB

ANJRPC RELEASES GUIDE TO COMPLY WITH MAGAZINE BAN

30 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Saw the email.. no injunction verdict yet

( seriously the 7th) @diamondd817 what? You like know people or suntan?

Watch the show long enough, it becomes very predictable.

Always release the bullshit late in the day on a Friday, when nobody is looking, and it's out of the news cycle by Monday. 

• Like 1

F*U*C*K*  N*E*W* J*E*R*S*E*Y

And the liberal commie pinko pr*cks in the state house.

Cannot wait to be gone - 

Those of you that wish to stay - God Bless you.....................me - f*ck this noise.....................life is too short.

And the funny part is, I have nothing over eight rounds..........................lol.

37 minutes ago, PK90 said:

$1.25 per mag per month. OMG. What idiot would pay that? What happens when the ban is permanent? You lose the mags?

I say again: for those who think the NJSP are going to goose step into their houses and toss their underwear drawer, use safe deposit boxes at the bank. If your bank doesn’t give you one merely for having an account then change banks. I’d be willing to bet the farm we’ll never hear of anyone getting busted just for having one of these evil devises in their homes. I’ll bet you’ll have a better chance of getting caught cheating on your taxes, stealing cable or spitting on the sidewalk on a Sunday in Trenton (true) before anyone gets charged with this crap. 

• Like 3

BobA:  better yet, a safe deposit box at a bank OUTSIDE of NJ.

Also as others have expressed, it is not the risk that is great. It is the consequence if you are caught in conjunction with some other event (e.g. domestic issue, house robbery, ...whatever).

Each individual will have to judge  their own circumstances and comfort level.

One thing is for sure, it will be much more risky to transport them after Dec 10 than before.

What a crap situation overall...I was going to have my neighbor hold a variety of 15ers from different pistol's and rifles. He is a retired NJ correction officer. However, this crap came out of the ANJRP attachment:

"EXCEPTED PERSONS: .... Retired law enforcement who have a NJ Retired Police Officer card (“R.P.O. Cards”) are excepted, but only up to 15 rounds. A retired law enforcement officer authorized to possess and carry a handgun may also possess and carry a large capacity ammunition magazine if that specific handgun is registered for this purpose with the NJ State Police. ..."

I bolded/underlined 2 sentences. The first one is understandable and was my understanding and hence my reason for asking my neighbor to "take" them...The second sentence is something I hadn't notice before, and don't quite get the point of it, or what it is trying to point out. Why is that second sentence needed if the Retired LE has the RPO card (don't all them retired LE's have the "card")?

Anyone care to take a shot?

3 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

What a crap situation overall...I was going to have my neighbor hold a variety of 15ers from different pistol's and rifles. He is a retired NJ correction officer. However, this crap came out of the ANJRP attachment:

"EXCEPTED PERSONS: .... Retired law enforcement who have a NJ Retired Police Officer card (“R.P.O. Cards”) are excepted, but only up to 15 rounds. A retired law enforcement officer authorized to possess and carry a handgun may also possess and carry a large capacity ammunition magazine if that specific handgun is registered for this purpose with the NJ State Police. ..."

I bolded/underlined 2 sentences. The first one is understandable and was my understanding and hence my reason for asking my neighbor to "take" them...The second sentence is something I hadn't notice before, and don't quite get the point of it, or what it is trying to point out. Why is that second sentence needed if the Retired LE has the RPO card?

Because you qualify with a specific firearm 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

I bolded/underlined 2 sentences. The first one is understandable and was my understanding and hence my reason for asking my neighbor to "take" them...The second sentence is something I hadn't notice before, and don't quite get the point of it, or what it is trying to point out. Why is that second sentence needed if the Retired LE has the RPO card (don't all them retired LE's have the "card")?

Only the firearms listed on thier qual form can have a magazine capacity of up to 15 rounds.

6 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

But does it mean, if say, I give him two Walther PPQ 15 R mags, but he doesn't own a Walther PPQ (and obviously will not use it for carry), is he doing something illegal by having these two mags in his house?

Sleep at a holiday inn on it..

2 minutes ago, Contrvlr said:

Only the firearms listed on thier qual form can have a magazine capacity of up to 15 rounds.

On person

21 minutes ago, Zeke said:

On person

Yea, I'll put my magazines in a brief-case, BUT on the great lawyer's advise as in the advisory, also put some books in there, so when I register at the front desk and am asked what I have, I can say I have "Books and Magazines" -Can't make this crap-up- LOL!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Combat Auto said:

They are exempt for mags up to 15. They can have mags greater than 15 for their authorized carry gun. 

To each his own, but be careful with keeping contraband in your house.

No, NJSP SWAT teams won't fast rope down into your backyard from black helicopters.  When the stuff hits the fan, it usually ends up being something stupid.  Your soon-to-be ex-wife rats you out to the cops (sorry, but women can be evil sometimes).  Your kid mentions what he found in the attic and shows it to the neighbor's kids.  Your basement floods when you're not home and the plumber/landlord moves the box of mags only to have them spill out onto the floor.  Life can and does conspire against you at times.

Based on all the NJ cases I've read about, it's usually something stupid like that.  So, unless your OpSec is super tight, then don't bother especially for a box of used Glock mags that go for $10 a piece used that can be easily replaced with newer Gen 4/5 mags.

Now, if your grandad brought back a battlefield pickup Sturmgewehr 44 from WWII but never put it in the NFA registry in 1968, then maybe I would bury that in the backyard...

• Like 1

I noticed that they did not tell us about another non-obvious way to handle our soon-to-be-non-compliant mags

Both you and a shooting buddy should disassemble your 11+ mags. One of you keeps all the springs and the other keeps all the followers and floor plates.

Neither of you has a magazine that will continuously feed rounds into a semi-auto firearm. As long as neither of you has possession or control of the missing parts, you cannot be charged with constructive possession. All either one of you has is a collection of plastic and metal parts, none of which can be assembled to meet NJ's definition of a magazine.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

On person

7 hours ago, voyager9 said:

They are exempt for mags up to 15. They can have mags greater than 15 for their authorized carry gun. 

I was almost going to say "I get it now" until I re-read this other section of the great lawyer's advisory:

"4. LAWFUL SALE OR TRANSFER. By December 10, 2018, sell or transfer non-compliant magazines to someone legally entitled to possess them. That means, among others, licensed NJ firearms dealers in good standing, active members of the military, active and qualified retired members of New Jersey law enforcement (meaning the retired member has an R.P.O. Card and a specific handgun registered with the NJ State Police that accepts the magazines being purchased), and residents of other states where it is lawful to possess magazines with a capacity over 10 rounds. See Section 7 below for more details on how to properly get your magazines to someone legally entitled to possess them. Firearms should only be transferred through an FFL (licensed NJ and federal firearms dealer)."

-->This reads literally, that the Retired-LE must have "The-Card" AND a specific handgun registered with the state police which accepts the magazine. So in other words, if the LE doesn't own a Walther PPQ, he can't legally own a 15 R PPQ magazine. It doesn't make any distinction about carrying said gun or not. Now granted, Cops don't pull in other cops, generally speaking (professional privilege, he, he), but that aside, reading this section literally, would you agree he can not legally own a 15R mag of a gun he hasn't own/registered (according to the great-lawyer anyway)?

6 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

I noticed that they did not tell us about another non-obvious way to handle our soon-to-be-non-compliant mags

Both you and a shooting buddy should disassemble your 11+ mags. One of you keeps all the springs and the other keeps all the followers and floor plates.

Neither of you has a magazine that will continuously feed rounds into a semi-auto firearm. As long as neither of you has possession or control of the missing parts, you cannot be charged with constructive possession. All either one of you has is a collection of plastic and metal parts, none of which can be assembled to meet NJ's definition of a magazine.

Let’s say your example of seperated components is glock magazine parts .... both friends own glocks and other “compliant” factory 10 round mags (able to be dissembled) the one holding the follower would be in possession of the component able to build an evil magazine of world ending mayhem with the other parts in the factory 10, thereby technically  constructive possession? 

49 minutes ago, pjd832 said:

Let’s say your example of seperated components is glock magazine parts .... both friends own glocks and other “compliant” factory 10 round mags (able to be dissembled) the one holding the follower would be in possession of the component able to build an evil magazine of world ending mayhem with the other parts in the factory 10, thereby technically  constructive possession? 

Obviously, you'd have to divide the parts up so that neither party had the components to build an evil 11+ magazine.

Or send a box of evil parts to mama's basement!

6 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

I'll play along with this nonsense  (not your post in particular...) what about the mag bodys? Off the top of my head I know my Beretta and CZ mags are labeled 15. I can see a rabid NJ prosecutor making the arguement that it is a full on mag, as the body is the base of a mag just like a stripped lower receiver is considered a firearm. No, it can't continuously feed but neither can a stripped lower fire a rd....stupid? Of course but that's where NJ laws are now....but what burns me the most is this is a NJ law but get caught and you can be a prohibited person in all 50 states! I could live with getting banned in just NJ, pay my dues and get the fuck out but being screwed forever on a federal level is absurd!

A GOOD USE FOR HI-CAP (ie 11 round plus) MAGs

On December 9th it has been suggest everyone send one of these to the homes of each of your Democrat law makers.  Then on Dec 11th report to the police that these people are in possession of illegal high capacity magazines - which will be a felony even if they don't have a gun to go with them.  This will solve a lot of problems in NJ :) 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

The way i read the law, a mag body greater than 10, even with no other parts, is still a no-no. The great lawyer say's to put the bodies to a vise, fwiw.

If that's how you read it, you need to go back to grammar school.

And I quote the NJ Permanent Statutes:

2C:39-1 Definitions:

y.   "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. The term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

(my emphasis on the underlined portion)

Please explain how an empty magazine body meets this definition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, njJoniGuy said:

If that's how you read it, you need to go back to grammar school.

And I quote the NJ Permanent Statutes:

2C:39-1 Definitions:

y.   "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm. The term shall not include an attached tubular device which is capable of holding only .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

(my emphasis on the underlined portion)

Please explain how an empty magazine body meets this definition.

Do what you want Einstein, I just stated what the great lawyer wrote in his assessment, I also said "fwiw". I think you may need to go back and start in Pre-School to build your interpretation-skills, or perhaps you just have to learn how to click on a link. Here, let me help you:

2. RENDER INOPERABLE. By December 10, 2018, render the non-compliant items permanently inoperable. Magazines are only rendered inoperable if they cannot be restored to function as a firearms magazine. Removal of all parts from a magazine and destroying them by crushing the magazine body in a vise and cutting up the spring should suffice for those who choose this option. Be sure the magazine is unloaded and wear safety glasses.