JohnnyB

ANJRPC RELEASES GUIDE TO COMPLY WITH MAGAZINE BAN

4 hours ago, MartyZ said:

About making them inoperable, what if you take the springs out and store them elsewhere? Are the mags now technically inoperable?

They talked about crushing in a vice.  To me that means that there is potential for scrutiny based upon intrinsic size/length. Springs could easily be acquired out of state. I wouldn’t want to be the schmuck caught with mag bodies that an overzealous prosecutor could claim to be easily manufactured back with some springs.  After all, Home Depot sells springs, right??? (roll eyes, but never underemphasize the stupidity of the public). 

Insane, but wouldn’t put it past some.

Obviously to be complaint with Nj’s non-definition of inoperable the magazines have to be broken down to their corresponding subatomic particles.  

All gun owners must report to the large collider at Princeton U for deconstruction. 

“I’m sorry, sir. That bag of carbon and hydrogen meets the definition of constructive intent. Here is your felony”. 

• Like 3

Does this mean I can have a 10.5" AR rifle, but remove the firing pin from the bolt and my home and I'm good to go under NJ firearms laws since it's inoperable?  What if I just remove the magazine floor plates from the 15-rd magazines and from my home.  Am I good to go under the letter of the law?

7 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Does this mean I can have a 10.5" AR rifle, but remove the firing pin from the bolt and my home and I'm good to go under NJ firearms laws since it's inoperable?  NO What if I just remove the magazine floor plates from the 15-rd magazines and from my home.  Am I good to go under the letter of the law? YES

BECAUSE THE LAW IS SPECIFIC REGARDING MAGAZINE FUNCTIONALITY.

14 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

How does that Bob Dylan song go?

Mama, put my mags in the ground
I can't use them anymore

...or something like that. 

Knocking on Heaven’s door and it put my guns in the ground but your poetic license is appropriate for this thread.   

Second verse:

Mama, put my guns in the ground
I can't shoot them anymore
That long black cloud is comin' down
I feel I'm knockin' on heaven's door

33 minutes ago, siderman said:

Thanx. What about a good sore muscle cream, I'm gonna be cranking that vice a loooong time making sure I get every last one of those evil baby killing aberrations! 

Joke about it and/or my commentary above, but that IS what was stated in the guidance document they provided . Use a vice to crush.  Must be some reason to state that explicitly.

Frankly I found all the guidance disappointing.  Nothing but very rudimentary items that are common sense, and a sales pitch for gunsitters.  The “non-obvious” approaches they defined were obvious and not particularly innovative. They could have weighed in on a variety of things in more detail, and provided more value. 

For the hundreds of dollars I’ve provided for this, I’m not seeing that guidance as an appreciable value added, personally. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voyager9 said:

Obviously to be complaint with Nj’s non-definition of inoperable the magazines have to be broken down to their corresponding subatomic particles.  

All gun owners must report to the large collider at Princeton U for deconstruction. 

“I’m sorry, sir. That bag of carbon and hydrogen meets the definition of constructive intent. Here is your felony”. 

Is this my queue to bring up quantum mechanics again? 

Super-String theory hasn't settled the question of magazine capacity yet either.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, JHZR2 said:

Joke about it and/or my commentary above, but that IS what was stated in the guidance document they provided . Use a vice to crush.  Must be some reason to state that explicitly.

Frankly I found all the guidance disappointing.  Nothing but very rudimentary items that are common sense, and a sales pitch for gunsitters.  The “non-obvious” approaches they defined were obvious and not particularly innovative. They could have weighed in on a variety of things in more detail, and provided more value. 

For the hundreds of dollars I’ve provided for this, I’m not seeing that guidance as an appreciable value added, personally. 

Although I am very happy with the effort ANJRPC put together to fight The-Lefty on this issue, and after reading our side's case, and the judicial ruling, I put the blame on the District-Judges bias, and not our Lawyers as the complaint was well structure, well stated, and well referenced. We should have won on any of the 3 main complaints, not to mention all of them, if judgy was fair minded and not bending to political pressure...That said, i agree with you on this guidance document. Very anti-climatic, and yep, another ad for the pay-for-storage option. But at least I know to combine my magazines with books wherever I go, so I can say, "Books and magazines", with a straight face. Wow! ;-)

A nice way to blow liberal minds would be to to use 10 round Beretta 96 (.40) magazines in Beretta 92s (9mm). If I remember correctly, that was a big thing during the Federal AWB. Well, that and swapping the follower from 10 round 9mm magazines into the .40s (the .40 10 rounders were made with a longer follower). So, by this logic... having a 10 round .40 and 9mm Beretta magazine would be “illegal.”

If I remember correctly, and remixer would be the one to speak to this (he had the conversation with NJSP), if the magazine was designed to fit X, and you can fit X+1... the magazine is fine. Putting more than X in is where you get jammed up. I’m going off of memory, from a conversation pretty much two years ago... so might be explained a little differently (picked up my Tavor on 12/2, and he was pinning the magazine to 15). Believe it was regarding 15 round AR magazines that held 16.

Just keep telling myself four more months... [emoji106]

4 hours ago, voyager9 said:

Princeton doesn't have a large collider, so you'd have to take them out of state and, well, your problem is solved anyway at that point.

Ok, I've been smashing those mags for a few hrs and need a break, gonna grab another beer and get back to it, my arm is sore but I must perservere..... I found that playing some old Nazi marching music helps keep the pace moving along. Ttyl...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, siderman said:

Ok, I've been smashing those mags for a few hrs and need a break, gonna grab another beer and get back to it, my arm is sore but I must perservere..... I found that playing some old Nazi marching music helps keep the pace moving along. Ttyl...

Burn books with your mags!

8 hours ago, Screwball said:

A nice way to blow liberal minds would be to to use 10 round Beretta 96 (.40) magazines in Beretta 92s (9mm). If I remember correctly, that was a big thing during the Federal AWB. Well, that and swapping the follower from 10 round 9mm magazines into the .40s (the .40 10 rounders were made with a longer follower). So, by this logic... having a 10 round .40 and 9mm Beretta magazine would be “illegal.”

If I remember correctly, and remixer would be the one to speak to this (he had the conversation with NJSP), if the magazine was designed to fit X, and you can fit X+1... the magazine is fine. Putting more than X in is where you get jammed up. I’m going off of memory, from a conversation pretty much two years ago... so might be explained a little differently (picked up my Tavor on 12/2, and he was pinning the magazine to 15). Believe it was regarding 15 round AR magazines that held 16.

Just keep telling myself four more months... emoji106.png

I brought this up a long time ago and the NJSP are wrong... they are only a body of enforcement and lack the authority to dictate legal interpretation.. they MAY say that they would not arrest you.. but they can not say something is legal or illegal.. its not their job.. 

if you have any magazine that can readily feed more than the dictated amount it is illegal by the wording.. 

I say this because the wording has no reference to labeling or intention.. if what the NJSP said is true.. I could take 30 round AR mags.. and write "10 rounds" on them.. put them in packaging that says "10 rounds" and you could buy them.. because my design is to hold 10 rounds.. if it happens to hold 11.. 15.. 60.. it doesn't matter because I didn't design it to do that.. which is obviously not how it was written.. 

it is as intentionally broad  as possible to cover every scenario.. 

can it hold and feed more than 10 rounds? yes? ILLEGAL... its that simple.. will you get arrested and go to jail? who knows.. but it is technically not allowed..

8 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

I brought this up a long time ago and the NJSP are wrong... they are only a body of enforcement and lack the authority to dictate legal interpretation.. they MAY say that they would not arrest you.. but they can not say something is legal or illegal.. its not their job.. 

if you have any magazine that can readily feed more than the dictated amount it is illegal by the wording.. 

I say this because the wording has no reference to labeling or intention.. if what the NJSP said is true.. I could take 30 round AR mags.. and write "10 rounds" on them.. put them in packaging that says "10 rounds" and you could buy them.. because my design is to hold 10 rounds.. if it happens to hold 11.. 15.. 60.. it doesn't matter because I didn't design it to do that.. which is obviously not how it was written.. 

it is as intentionally vague as possible to cover every scenario.. 

can it hold and feed more than 10 rounds? yes? ILLEGAL... its that simple.. will you get arrested and go to jail? who knows.. but it is technically not allowed..

@PK90

You guys do realize the injunction decision isn’t made yet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

WHAT IF YA DON'T HAVE A VICE?

Poorer people tend to not have vices.  Therefore this law is an attack on the poor.  Perhaps someone can be professionally outraged about that. 

Though I guess kids safety trumps that...

• Like 3