JohnnyB

ANJRPC RELEASES GUIDE TO COMPLY WITH MAGAZINE BAN

10 minutes ago, remixer said:

The vast majority would read the main page and move on... its deceiving. 

That being said whats pre-approved to store mags..  No FFL i spoke with ever heard of such a thing.

If driving them to gun sitters is illegal would it also be illegal to drive them to the post office or UPS or do you need them to pick up from your house.   that being said.. In America its illegal if a law says its illegal, Its not illegal because it did not say it was legal.

Deceiving how?

It clearly states:

The guide reveals (among other things) non-obvious, lawful methods to continue owning magazines that hold between 11 and 15 rounds without modifying them, in addition to covering the conventional compliance options under the mag ban.
For example,...

and then it also says:

Please see pp 3-4 of ANJRPC's guide here for additional details.

Nothing deceiving at all. If someone only reads the announcement and goes no further... then that's their problem. It's an announcement of a 4 page guide... you want all 4 pages of legal info IN the announcement??  You can only lead a horse to water as they say.

As far as the "pre-approval" ... im not a FFL so i cant speak to that.  You are .. call the NJSP and ask them. I have no idea on that one ... maybe they just have something in writing form the NJSP that says its ok to do so?

And yes .. under the way the law is written yes driving them to the post office to ship them would technically still be illegal.  When the laws were first signed and they released an analysis of them back in June.. they stated this fact and the technicality around it poking fun of the BS law at the time. 

It will take more than some gun people marching on Trenton, it will take coordinated action on the national level by everyone in the 2A food chain, including gun manufacturer's, parts distributor's, and 2A support from other states. When the lefty is upset with something they all stick together, even the banks, the media, etc., etc...When 2A is assaulted we fight in in isolation, whether in NJ or other lefty states. No coordinated national effort (NRA where are you on this), no media coverage (fox where are you on this), gun manufacturer's where are you on this. All the while, the Lefty is happy to pick us off one state at a time...I guess when all the guns are gone in American, well those in law abiding civi's hand's, the gun manufacture's believe they can have thriving businesses selling to the ever-growing police state, military, and gang-banger's. And maybe they are right -LOL.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Nothing deceiving at all. If someone only reads the announcement and goes no further... then that's their problem. It's an announcement of a 4 page guide...

That's what 75% of people do. They read a headline or first paragraph and move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Deceiving how?

It clearly states:

The guide reveals (among other things) non-obvious, lawful methods to continue owning magazines that hold between 11 and 15 rounds without modifying them, in addition to covering the conventional compliance options under the mag ban.
For example,...

and then it also says:

Please see pp 3-4 of ANJRPC's guide here for additional details.

Nothing deceiving at all. If someone only reads the announcement and goes no further... then that's their problem. It's an announcement of a 4 page guide... you want all 4 pages of legal info IN the announcement??  You can only lead a horse to water as they say.

As far as the "pre-approval" ... im not a FFL so i cant speak to that.  You are .. call the NJSP and ask them. I have no idea on that one ... maybe they just have something in writing form the NJSP that says its ok to do so?

And yes .. under the way the law is written yes driving them to the post office to ship them would technically still be illegal.  When the laws were first signed and they released an analysis of them back in June.. they stated this fact and the technicality around it poking fun of the BS law at the time. 

Its deceiving because i had people call me to ask if we were allowed to store magazines. then asked if we were pre-approved. when i mentioned there is no such thing they emailed me the alert they got.  so it is deceiving just as headlines from the MSM are deceiving even thought the body of the article explains in detail.  The majority never read past the first page.

You don't need anything in writing we are Federal Firearms License Holders... The NJSP does not tell us what we can have in our shops.

6 minutes ago, Combat Auto said:

It will take more than some gun people marching on Trenton, it will take coordinated action on the national level by everyone in the 2A food chain, including gun manufacturer's, parts distributor's, and 2A support from other states. When the lefty is upset with something they all stick together, even the banks, the media, etc., etc...When 2A is assaulted we fight in in isolation, whether in NJ or other lefty states. No coordinated national effort (NRA where are you on this), no media coverage (fox where are you on this), gun manufacturer's where are you on this. All the while, the Lefty is happy to pick us off one state at a time...I guess when all the guns are gone in American, well those in law abiding civi's hand's, the gun manufacture's believe they can have thriving businesses selling to the ever-growing police state, military, and gang-banger's. And maybe they are right -LOL.

I just takes voting....   The best message anyone can send a politician is to vote them out... i know its an uphill battle here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

That's what 75% of people do. They read a headline or first paragraph and move on.

Correct.. that's the point..   Its advertising 101

Same reason BIG SALE is always in large font on top of the page and not the bottom using small font.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, remixer said:

Its deceiving because i had people call me to ask if we were allowed to store magazines. then asked if we were pre-approved. when i mentioned there is no such thing they emailed me the alert they got.  so it is deceiving just as headlines from the MSM are deceiving even thought the body of the article explains in detail.  The majority never read past the first page.

You don't need anything in writing we are Federal Firearms License Holders... The NJSP does not tell us what we can have in our shops.

I just takes voting....   The best message anyone can send a politician is to vote them out... i know its an uphill battle here.

That is true, it is an enigma as to how Murph got in, if that wasn't enough motivation to get off butt, I don't know what is...That said, there are gun people and then there are gun people, enthusiast likely vote 2A first, I'm not sure about the other's. I bet a ton of the other's aren't even aware of the new mag law.

5 minutes ago, remixer said:

I just takes voting....  The best message anyone can send a politician is to vote them out...

That sounds good in theory, but hasn't that been the strategy the last few election cycles? Has it worked?

The definition of Insanity, doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

I know some people think it's "tin foil" territory, but if they open their eyes, we're PAST the point of  the Ballot box to make necessary changes. We're at the point of Ammo boxes to make shit happen.

• Like 2

Steve,

I think that Monmouth Arms should get "pre-approved" by the NJSP, AND become the exclusive dealer who would be endorsed by ANJRPC that will hold magazines for people indefinitely for $1/mo donating 50 cents to ANJRPC. How can they say no to twice the donations. You'll make a boat load of money for sticking a sticker on each box. Then on Dec 10th, the mags will be yours or the stupid people will continue to pay for years. :facepalm:

• Like 1

Just now, Combat Auto said:

That is true, it is an enigma as to how Murph got in, if that wasn't enough motivation to get off butt, I don't know what is...That said, there are gun people and then there are gun people, enthusiast likely vote 2A first, I'm not sure about the other's. I bet a ton of the other's aren't even aware of the new mag law.

Its shocking.... But he did drop a load of cash... NJ voters are idiotic...

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

That sounds good in theory, but hasn't that been the strategy the last few election cycles? Has it worked?

The definition of Insanity, doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result.

I know some people think it's "tin foil" territory, but if they open their eyes, we're PAST the point of  the Ballot box to make necessary changes. We're at the point of Ammo boxes to make shit happen.

It will never work if you cant get people to the polls... Fuck.. the left is great at turning out people including those who died years ago. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Steve,

I think that Monmouth Arms should get "pre-approved" by the NJSP, AND become the exclusive dealer who would be endorsed by ANJRPC that will hold magazines for people indefinitely for $1/mo donating 50 cents to ANJRPC. How can they say no to twice the donations. You'll make a boat load of money for sticking a sticker on each box. Then on Dec 10th, the mags will be yours or the stupid people will continue to pay for years. :facepalm:

I just wrote myself a pre-approved letter, Im good now.

PK90... I pre-approve you as well.

Let me be clear. i dont have an issue with them taking on advertising... its the how these things work.... my issue was the main page emailed out that IMO was deceiving..  Its just an opinion... i hold no grudge towards anyone...

BTW what happens if in the end we lose... What happens to those mags?

6 minutes ago, remixer said:

Again I'm not a FFL cant speak to that directly ... but if you were unaware of the fact that since the signing of the law its technically illegal to even transport them during the exemption period (poorly written BS law i know), how do you know you dont need approval to store them for customers?  Have you called the NJSP on this matter?  I'm not trying to insult you or get into a pissing match .. im really asking if you have asked them about it?  

now as far as " The majority never read past the first page" and that being deceiving .. that is EXACTLY what is wrong with society today... they see a headline from ANYWHERE and just take it to the bank as being the WHOLE truth, regardless of the source. So with that your doing exactly the same thing everyone else does because of laziness or complacency and then getting mad because it wasn't the whole truth.

13 minutes ago, Lakota said:

Again I'm not a FFL cant speak to that directly ... but if you were unaware of the fact that since the signing of the law its technically illegal to even transport them during the exemption period (poorly written BS law i know), how do you know you dont need approval to store them for customers?  Have you called the NJSP on this matter?  I'm not trying to insult you or get into a pissing match .. im really asking if you have asked them about it?  

now as far as " The majority never read past the first page" and that being deceiving .. that is EXACTLY what is wrong with society today... they see a headline from ANYWHERE and just take it to the bank as being the WHOLE truth, regardless of the source. So with that your doing exactly the same thing everyone else does because of laziness or complacency and then getting mad because it wasn't the whole truth.

Can you point out where its technically illegal to transport? Iv asked this question and have yet to have someone show this to me. Its the opinion of Some that your cant based on the fact the law does not say you can... this is not how the law works... something must be stated as illegal for it to be illegal. atleast that was truth last time i checked.

I know i dont need approval because we have been storing magazines for people for ages prior to this law for Milsurp guns that people did not want to mod the mags for...  Ruin the history of the part.... We are federal dealers... WE DO NOT NEED permission to have items that are legal federally.  There is no point in asking the NJSP as we can have what NJ describes as "assault weapons" in the shop without permission.. A magazine is an unregulated part. They can be shipped to your home.... Its just illegal for You to have in your possession its not illegal for the shop to possess it which is exactly what happens when you give turn them over to us.

8 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Take them apart, the bodies make great paperweights in the shop.

can the bodies be turned over LOL

13 minutes ago, Lakota said:

That is exactly the reason to put advertising in the first page.

BTW I'm not MAD about anything... the people should be mad since they might have asked their local FFL to store mags and maybe it would be without cost.. who knows.

I have no plans to mass store magazines for the general public.

• Like 2

For those who feel they should ship or store then so be it. As so with those who choose to keep them in your freezer. But to those bent on turning them in, why?  They don’t know what you have now. By turning them in Murphy gets an idea of how effective his crappy idea is. I say smash them and toss them. Shoot them up or run them over in your driveway. Anything but give Murphy an idea when he does his audit of how many were turned in. His count will be zero. Like his IQ. He’ll have no idea of what effect his brainstorm has had on the actual mag count. Store’m, ship’m, hide’m or destroy them but don’t turn them in!!

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, remixer said:

8 minutes ago, BobA said:

I say smash them and toss them. Shoot them up or run them over in your driveway.  Store’m, ship’m, hide’m or destroy them but don’t turn them in!!

OK, here's an money making idea for you FFLs. Take all the 15 round bodies, and weld them together in some sort of anti 2A statue, maybe have them give the finger to Murphy. You guys can sell them. Hell, I'll get on the waiting list NOW for one.

Something similar to this, get creative:

p1310850980-3.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, remixer said:

Its shocking.... But he did drop a load of cash... NJ voters are idiotic...

It will never work if you cant get people to the polls... Fuck.. the left is great at turning out people including those who died years ago. 

101.5 was saying over 56% turnout this past election cycle

I just wrote myself a pre-approved letter, Im good now.

PK90... I pre-approve you as well.

Let me be clear. i dont have an issue with them taking on advertising... its the how these things work.... my issue was the main page emailed out that IMO was deceiving..  Its just an opinion... i hold no grudge towards anyone...

BTW what happens if when in the end we lose... What happens to those mags?

fixed it for ya.

1 minute ago, remixer said:

56% turn out i guess is high but i would love to know how many gun owners voted.

So with the kid stuff i fall into a small community of parents and patients.

while at the International MPS Symposium, i was presented with horrifying figure. Less then half of parents follow through on responding to surveys, questionnaires, and studies. Less then half who are signed up for long term research will drop out within the first year.

if you cant get 100% of people to help their own children, then im really losing faith in our society

it is near impossible to get humans to do anything

1 minute ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

So with the kid stuff i fall into a small community of parents and patients.

while at the International MPS Symposium, i was presented with horrifying figure. Less then half of parents follow through on responding to surveys, questionnaires, and studies. Less then half who are signed up for long term research will drop out within the first year.

if you cant get 100% of people to help their own children, then im really losing faith in our society

"it is near impossible to get humans to do anything" 

Disagree.. 100% of people will complain :)

• Like 2

Can you point out where its technically illegal to transport? Iv asked this question and have yet to have someone show this to me. Its the opinion of Some that your cant based on the fact the law does not say you can... this is not how the law works... something must be stated as illegal for it to be illegal. at least that was truth last time i checked.

I know i dont need approval because we have been storing magazines for people for ages prior to this law for Milsurp guns that people did not want to mod the mags for...  Ruin the history of the part.... We are federal dealers... WE DO NOT NEED permission to have items that are legal federally.  There is no point in asking the NJSP as we can have what NJ describes as "assault weapons" in the shop without permission.. A magazine is an unregulated part. They can be shipped to your home.... Its just illegal for You to have in your possession its not illegal for the shop to possess it which is exactly what happens when you give turn them over to us.

That is exactly the reason to put advertising in the first page.

BTW I'm not MAD about anything... the people should be mad since they might have asked their local FFL to store mags and maybe it would be without cost.. who knows.

I have no plans to mass store magazines for the general public.

No I can't .. maybe it's all legal opinion .. but I know its been referenced a few times.. including this announcement in question (although the provision is not directly mentioned i looked)... I know i've heard nappan talk about it .. as well as Bach and Collandro too.. something about a previous provision for "high capacity" magazines making it illegal .. and since this new law doesnt say you can do it within the exemption period yada yada we all know its crap .. and its technically shit.. But it all comes down to the officer ... does he know enough to not cause a problem .. or not enough or worse doesn't care, slaps the bracelets on you and lets the court and lawyers figure it out later kind of thing.

And as far as how the law works ... from what i've seen it seems its the opposite of how you say it is .. or how it should be .. what you say is logical .. but this is NJ afterall .. everything here with firearms is illegal first and we get exemptions to allow certain things.  isn't that how everything in this god forsaken state is?

• Like 1

Just now, Lakota said:

No I can't .. maybe it's all legal opinion .. but I know its been referenced a few times.. including this announcement in question (although the provision is not directly mentioned i looked)... I know i've heard nappan talk about it .. as well as Bach and Collandro too.. something about a previous provision for "high capacity" magazines making it illegal .. and since this new law doesnt say you can do it within the exemption period yada yada we all know its crap .. and its technically shit.. But it all comes down to the officer ... does he know enough to not cause a problem .. or not enough or worse doesn't care, slaps the bracelets on you and lets the court and lawyers figure it out later kind of thing.

And as far as how the law works ... from what i've seen it seems its the opposite of how you say it is .. or how it should be .. what you say is logical .. but this is NJ afterall .. everything here with firearms is illegal first and we get exemptions to allow certain things.  isn't that how everything in this god forsaken state is?

Oh no doubt NJ its its own mess.  But legally i understand their position but disagree. Similar to the shockwaves  there are lawyers that still say they are illegal even though we have a letter from the NJSP stating the opposite...  so its a matter who do you believe and how much control you are will to turn over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

On another note, we're all plugged into this, but I can't believe how many gun owners in NJ have no idea about these new restrictions. 

Lots... But i get it... if you own a single gun for home defense and dont goto the range its easy not to know without reading the paper or news on a website.

Maybe the NJSP should have had to mail out notices to all FID card holders to the address on file... That would have cost a few bucks.

14 minutes ago, remixer said:

Lots... But i get it... if you own a single gun for home defense and dont goto the range its easy not to know without reading the paper or news on a website.

Maybe the NJSP should have had to mail out notices to all FID card holders to the address on file... That would have cost a few bucks.

Yea its sad .. Proper notification is what the few state lawmakers we have on our sides need to try to force into these provisions going forward.  Like when the seatbelt law was going into effect .. as part of that they had to run ad's on TV, put up billboards, send out mailers etc .. all at a cost of millions of taxpayer dollars.   if they get forced to do something like that for the general public when making a change it would become more cost prohibited that maybe it would help keep these form every getting approved in the first place.   

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

Not true, you can get them to spend hours a day staring at their iPhones.

38 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

i guess i should have specified  to do anything usefull or productive :p

BINGO!!!