JohnnyB

ANJRPC RELEASES GUIDE TO COMPLY WITH MAGAZINE BAN

33 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

On another note, we're all plugged into this, but I can't believe how many gun owners in NJ have no idea about these new restrictions. 

Yep.

Want to take a guess how many 10+ round mags you'll see at the range after next Monday?

34 minutes ago, remixer said:

Oh no doubt NJ its its own mess.  But legally i understand their position but disagree. Similar to the shockwaves  there are lawyers that still say they are illegal even though we have a letter from the NJSP stating the opposite...  so its a matter who do you believe and how much control you are will to turn over.

"Murphy's law" states that "things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance," or more commonly, "whatever can go wrong, will go wrong."   and now thanks to our most recent governors election ...it's now literally Murphy's Law that's screwing us. How ironic.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

Yep.

Want to take a guess how many 10+ round mags you'll see at the range after next Monday?

Plenty.. People still stop in and are shocked and angered when we tell them... sadly they are usually older people who are not up on internet news or active in the gun community.... I feel bad for the first older retired Vet that becomes NJ's first victim :(

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Old Glock guy said:

Well, not a bad deal if you only have a couple of mags.  Pretty sure that's not the case for most of us.

But seriously, if you store mags somewhere in the state, how would get them back out after the law goes into effect without risking a felony conviction?

I don't know anyone outside this state that can store my magazines.  I only have four magazines.  At $1.25 a piece for storage, in eighteen months, I will have paid for the total worth of the magazines.....when they were new.  So those mags are getting crushed in a vise and when I retire in a few years to a less tax, non-sanctuary state, I'll replace them.  It wasn't my favorite pistol anyway.

2 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

I don't know anyone outside this state that can store my magazines.  I only have four magazines.  At $1.25 a piece for storage, in eighteen months, I will have paid for the total worth of the magazines.....when they were new.  So those mags are getting crushed in a vise and when I retire in a few years to a less tax, non-sanctuary state, I'll replace them.  It wasn't my favorite pistol anyway.

please tell me you have at least one 10 rounder :)

15 minutes ago, remixer said:

Plenty.. People still stop in and are shocked and angered when we tell them... sadly they are usually older people who are not up on internet news or active in the gun community.... I feel bad for the first older retired Vet that becomes NJ's first victim :(

Exactly, and Murphy will have a field day making that retired Vet his first "victim". After that happens, maybe all those vets will get so pissed off, they'll start marching on Trenton??

I know, one can dream...

10 minutes ago, remixer said:

please tell me you have at least one 10 rounder :)

Wait, what, you didn't sell him any???  You're slipping...

3 hours ago, remixer said:

It won't just be retired vets. A new guy started where I work about a week ago and we got to talking firearms. He's in he late 20's has built a few AR type rifles and owns 3 hand guns. I asked him what he was doing with his magazines and he said he was keeping them what could the fine be $50? When I told him the penalty he was shocked. He is now going to bring them in to be pinned.

6 hours ago, Lakota said:

Again I'm not a FFL cant speak to that directly ... but if you were unaware of the fact that since the signing of the law its technically illegal to even transport them during the exemption period (poorly written BS law i know), how do you know you dont need approval to store them for customers?  Have you called the NJSP on this matter?  I'm not trying to insult you or get into a pissing match .. im really asking if you have asked them about it?  

now as far as " The majority never read past the first page" and that being deceiving .. that is EXACTLY what is wrong with society today... they see a headline from ANYWHERE and just take it to the bank as being the WHOLE truth, regardless of the source. So with that your doing exactly the same thing everyone else does because of laziness or complacency and then getting mad because it wasn't the whole truth.

I agree with this^^^.  I also don't think a hot link to a 4-page pdf is brain surgery.  I think most people involved with firearms are just Schmucks in a hurry!  And they use their PHONES instead of a far more superior communications tool, THE COMPUTER!  

"Phone People" are the very first Schmucks to fly off the handle with gross misinterpretations....simply due to ignorance compounded by laziness by using a tiny device with a tiny screen & then missing a LOT of SH!T! :) 

Signed,

A Schmuck that edited a dozen+ paragraph, exceptionally well-written article meant to stimulate the frontal lobe!

• Like 2

Kilroy Was Here (one of our freelance writers)  did a great job with this piece, written from a true Patriot's perspective:

GUN-GRABBIN' INCREMENTALISM INFECTS NJ OWNERS!
NJ DISARMING ITSELF BY COMPLYING WITH BAD LAWS!
by Kilroy Was Here special to Black Wire Media Dec. 4, 2018 www.cnjfo.com/join-us

"THEN THEY CAME FOR ME--AND THERE WAS NO ONE LEFT TO SPEAK FOR ME".

We are entering perilous times in the State of NJ and the state of our nation – and world - as a whole. As we peer into the unknown and the liberal mandate of using the correct speech, so as not to offend - one has to wonder how we got here. One needs to look no further than Great Britain to see what may unfold if we – as American Citizens and Patriots, take a back seat.

How did we get to a place, that the dialogue of opposing ideas, the epic oratory battle to express one’s beliefs in an open and free environment, is being stymied? Stymied for fear of offense by those that feel they are ushering in some sort of utopian dream where there is no animated contest for freedom – the freedom to seek life liberty and the pursuit of happiness – the zeal to excel as best one can. They feel it is better that we all get participation trophies for just showing up, instead of reaching for the top spot, and even if falling short – we are uplifted by the struggle. Stymied by those that would seek to remove your ability to defend yourself and your family from bad actors – or evil men with evil, horrid plans – they suggest that we embrace the state, they say we will protect you from evil and protect you from your words and the words of others. However, they sing it loud and proud – “ If you have a gun in your home I think you are pretty stupid” - They are truly ushering in a dystopian nightmare if allowed to continue.

Theodore Roosevelt is quoted as saying: "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." – the liberal bastion is creating a generation bound to live in the gray twilight of life.

Recently, someone I know was flagged for hate speech by the liberal children at Facebook for speaking in unison with a ‘friend’ that is also a 2A strong gun rights advocate. The post centered around the holocaust and the ‘friend of the friend’ made a statement that the holocaust should not happen again and better to perish in a pile of hot empty brass than be pushed into a sidecar. Somehow that is hate speech – somehow that is not in keeping with the liberal mindset of victimhood – somehow, I wonder if the liberal children at Facebook trying to usher in the utopian dream by censorship, even know, or even believe what happened in the Warsaw Ghetto.

Today in NJ we are seeing a leadership in Trenton that is part of this dystopian nightmare. Part of the culture of state control, part of the culture of censorship and limiting the rights of citizens to defend oneself and to be free to exercise rights as enumerated in our beloved Constitution. They are now encroaching heavily on our right to keep and bear arms, limiting our ability to defend one’s home, our communities and our nation – from all enemies foreign and domestic. Can a parallel be drawn to the control push in Germany in the 20’s – 30’s that is still heavily debated today as a cause of, or support of the holocaust? Possibly, and I would err on the side that if those that were being targeted, had the means and where with all to resist, maybe things would be different.

We in SIX SHORT DAYS will have the result of this gun control push, a limitation of our right to ammunition capacity – for the greater good. What that greater good is I could not tell you, because we all know that these laws are limitations. They have no bearing on the criminal element and how they operate and go about their daily lives, they could not care one wit about a magazine ban or limitation thereof. That leads us to then question why the encroachment on law abiding citizens, why was there an encroachment on law abiding citizens in Germany – why is there one here in New Jermany?

Only time will answer these questions, only time will tell what the reasoning for this is.

I believe the sole reason for these encroachments, is death by a thousand slices – and the death song for the 2A among liberals, is the total disarmament of a nation. “If I had the votes, Mr. Mrs. America turn in your guns”. They speak about their plans load and proud, they lately do not use false speak to attempt to lead you into a false sense of security – you know what they want, you know what their aim is. Total disarmament – don’t let their nightmare come to fruition.

As the date for compliance draws nearer with the December 10th MAG BAN looming over our heads – each patriot must make a decision – a decision that must be made using common sense and a strong will – a decision that one must be able to live with in the coming days and months – until such time as we can continue to fight these onerous laws with growing vigor and resoluteness.

Our strength can only come in numbers and vibrant voices of freedom of strength – the time of remaining silent and disconnected are over – we must be unified - to continue the push back – to fight these laws and this speech of disarmament head on. We must not be afraid to use our voice, our strength at the ballot box and to speak out while not being afraid to be branded. Remember one thing, history does repeat, men are evil, there is dreadful evil in the world and we must fight it head on.

First they came for the black rifle types, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a black rifle type guy -

Then they came for the semi auto pistols and hi cap mags, and I did not speak out— Because I was not a semi auto hi cap mag guy -

Then they came for the revolvers, and I did not speak out—Because I was not a revolver shooter-

Then they came for me, the shotgun hunter—AND THERE WAS NO ONE LEFT TO SPEAK FOR ME...

EDITOR's NOTE:
The views expressed by our freelance writer & Patriot, "Kilroy Was Here" are printed as a History Lesson to MAKE READERS THINK! CNJFO, its' officers & staff volunteers do not condone breaking the laws of the state of NJ. We are however providing you with the knowledge you need to make a Patriot's choice. For full details on how to COMPLY, see the ANJRPC bulletin here: https://cdn.ymaws.com/…/e…/complying_with_nj_s_mag_ban-.pdf…

Image may contain: stripes and outdoor
No automatic alt text available.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor and nature
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

"Phone People" are the very first Schmucks to fly off the handle with gross misinterpretations....simply due to ignorance compounded by laziness by using a tiny device with a tiny screen & then missing a LOT of SH!T!

GASP!  Profiling! Next thing you know you'll be using "Turban Man"!  I think you should apologize to all the Phone People you offended.  #phonepeopletoo  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

I agree with this^^^.  I also don't think a hot link to a 4-page pdf is brain surgery.  I think most people involved with firearms are just Schmucks in a hurry!  And they use their PHONES instead of a far more superior communications tool, THE COMPUTER!  

"Phone People" are the very first Schmucks to fly off the handle with gross misinterpretations....simply due to ignorance compounded by laziness by using a tiny device with a tiny screen & then missing a LOT of SH!T! :) 

Signed,

A Schmuck that edited a dozen+ paragraph, exceptionally well-written article meant to stimulate the frontal lobe!

#phonepeopletoo dude!

10 minutes ago, BobA said:

GASP!  Profiling! Next thing you know you'll be using "Turban Man"!  I think you should apologize to all the Phone People you offended.  #phonepeopletoo  

Bob, my coffee just hit the puter screen, lol!  I guess it was time was wash-off the cigar smoke anyways :) 

#phonepeopletoo  #IDontWorkForNJ101pointfive  #NotAllPhonePeopleAreSchmucks  #SomePhonePeopleReadTheWholeThing 

@Zeke you never fly off the handle Professor :) 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dilbert1967 said:

Just permanently alter them yourself. 

https://www.magazineblocks.com/magento/magblock-universal-pistol-limiter.html

The mag ban will do nothing in NJ. It's not meant to. Like all other crappy legislation in NJ its only purpose is to try and spread to the rest of the country either by like-minded public masters in other states, or when the infected former NJ residents relocate. The exodus out of NJ may in fact be by design to spread the virus. As Anthony Colandro always says, "What happens in NJ doesn't stay in NJ."

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

The mag ban will do nothing in NJ. It's not meant to.

I agree with this.

IMO the mag ban is a shining example of feel-good legislation that career politicians jam through the system so they can say they "did something" about an issue when it's time for reelection.

So since we are soon a damaged class due to faulty lawmaking (forget the matter of capacity for just a second, assume that sticks), where we are felons without severe financial ramifications on our private property.  

So where are the lawyers?  Where is NJ2AS with their whole “there will be repercussions” strong talk?  Where is someone suing the governor, bill sponsors and all representatives who voted yes, for the real and personal financial penalty this puts on the citizens?

There was a post in one of these threads about the tax loss form. 

Why aren’t we attempting tomtake this out personally on the basis of financial damage?  Are these people immune by law???

On 12/2/2018 at 6:23 PM, Smokin .50 said:

Let me know when you're all done pissin' & moanin', cause THAT ain't gonna change a thing...

There's real work to be done!

Yes. I know. Was down in Florida looking at houses. Texas is next stop to look to buy.

10 minutes ago, falcone said:

Does ex post facto not apply to gun rights? 

And wih today’s ruling this all points to a scotus decision. What are the chances they take the case and what’s the earliest it can go before them? 

It was explained, either in this thread or the other, why ex post facto doesn’t apply. Namely because they aren’t charging you under a new law for purchasing something before the law was passed. This law makes possession illegal  as of passage of the law. 

Also note thst this was a ruling on the request/appeal for injunction. This was not a ruling on the actual case (which hasn’t passed the district court yet). I’m not sure if an injunction request can go to scotus or not. 

12 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

they'll be proposing 5 before springtime. they'll try to ban semi-auto with detachable mags by then too. all in the name of safety.....

We're going to be getting Murphy's V2.0 list of NEW laws by then that he promised.

11 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

We're going to be getting Murphy's V2.0 list of NEW laws by then that he promised.

Background checks on ammo sales being the big one there, right?  I presume that will also involve some sort of ban of online  sales. 

35 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

Background checks on ammo sales being the big one there, right?  I presume that will also involve some sort of ban of online  sales. 

Praying that this one is left alone. I refuse to step foot into Pussy’s Sporting Goods for anything, let alone ammo...