JohnnyB

ANJRPC RELEASES GUIDE TO COMPLY WITH MAGAZINE BAN

7 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

And leaving themselves personally & a non-profit corporation (that has a fiduciary responsibility running the state range) one hell of an exposure to lawsuits?  What do ya think they are?  An anonymous internet forum with avatars for names fronting Keyboard Commandos?  GET REAL, lol!

Idk though Farrakhan seems to get away with it..

48 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

Maybe I missed it, but can HE use said mags at a range in NJ? Or do the written laws mean NO ONE other than the "exceptions" people can use or possess them here?

I believe it's anyone in possession in the state. Doesn't matter where you're a resident.

48 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

57 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

Question: A buddy of mine is a resident of Pennsy. He's going to be in NJ this week. Is it legal for him to have and transport 15 round mags from my place in NJ to his place in Pennsy if he does so before the 10th?

Maybe I missed it, but can HE use said mags at a range in NJ? Or do the written laws mean NO ONE other than the "exceptions" people can use or possess them here?

Oh Lord....no one will ever know....juat send em to pa

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Smokin .50 said:

And leaving themselves personally & a non-profit corporation (that has a fiduciary responsibility running the state range) one hell of an exposure to lawsuits?  What do ya think they are?  An anonymous internet forum with avatars for names fronting Keyboard Commandos?  GET REAL, lol!

Who are they? A worthless organization that wins zero cases in NJ. That's who. Take some of the money that those suckers donate and hire competent attorneys.

Just now, Zeke said:

Who would you recommend?

Any attorney that wins cases in other states.

On 12/1/2018 at 6:02 PM, njJoniGuy said:

Yes, we know the grace period ends next Monday 12/10

But really, when was the last GOOD 2A thing that happened in the PRNJ???????

We're not stupid, just realists.

Never.

48 minutes ago, reloaderguy said:

Who are they? A worthless organization that wins zero cases in NJ. That's who. Take some of the money that those suckers donate and hire competent attorneys.

There are several who are complaining a lot about the skills of the lawyer's. But I have yet to see any constructive criticism about the merits of the way the complaint was written and structured. There was one exception to this which I notice was posted some time ago, which I do agree with, should have had more expert witnesses for our side, but I doubt it would have changed a thing.

So can you identify any glaring holes in our complaint against the state, on the merits? What would you have put in there, or taken out? Short of identify such stuff by you or the other's complaining, the only other thing we might conclude is that our lawyer(s) come across as babbling idiots because they freeze in front of the judge (is this likely?)...Oh, or it could just be that the F-District Judge is full of crap, and we do have evidence of such in the details of his ruling.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 345Sire said:

Question: A buddy of mine is a resident of Pennsy. He's going to be in NJ this week. Is it legal for him to have and transport 15 round mags from my place in NJ to his place in Pennsy if he does so before the 10th?

I don't think this can be answered with 100% certainty. great-lawyer in his advisory, which you should read if you haven't, has approached this from the time the law was passed in the most cautious terms. Recall, his advise of not taking >10R mags to the range during the 6m grace period. Well, wth is the grace period for anyway, and how can I comply with the law if I don't take my mag-blockers/mag to the range to test them (before) I epoxy them. Many people have been using their >10 at the range in the grace period for this and other reason's...I haven't heard anyone getting arrested over it.

So now the end is near, and we have to get rid of the mags we don't convert. great-lawyer, again with his super cautious approach advises transporting them by carrier. He does concede we may have to put them in our cars to get to the drop-off place though, (I was surprised he didn't insist that we call for the carrier to pick them up at our home - LOL). So bottom line for you, to be the most cautious ship them to your buddy when he gets home. But on the other hand, as long as he is out of state before the 10th, I think he can make an argument that his action's are part of helping you comply with the law (in the rare case he gets pulled over and has his trunk searched).  In your shoes, I'd just ship them to him, what is it going to cost with insurance a few bucks. I can live with taking some risk due to inconsistent and unclear laws, I can't ask a friend to do that for me though, I wouldn't feel right...I was going to give mine to my neighbor who is a retired LE, but after reading the latest advisory from great-lawyer (with the darkest outlook, and ambiguous "rules"), I decides not to put him at risk and am now sending them to brother in a free state, a golden-land with absolutely no capacity-limitations :-).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, reloaderguy said:

Give they guys who won Heller a call. As bad a decision as it was at least they won.

And they'd be dealing with the same biased 3rd district judges. This is why it's been openly understood and planned from the beginning that this needs to be heard at the supreme level, hopefully it gets there. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zeke said:

Who would you recommend?

If the Supremacy Clause of Article 6 does not allow a state to make a law that is more restrictive than a federal law, and we already have the Gun Control Acts of 1934, 1968, and 1986 then shouldn't anything more restrictive be struck down? I'd like an attorney who thinks along those lines, or perhaps a purist willing to pursue "shall not be infringed". 

14 hours ago, reloaderguy said:
15 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

You're sadly a member of the Passionately UNINFORMED!  You'll huff, you'll puff, you'll piss & moan, but when it's put straight to you, ya fold like a bad hand of cards. 

Can you name the DC law firm ANJRPC hired to take this all the way to SCOTUS?  Do you know that Dan Schmutter, one of the most prolific 2A lawyers in NJ is "Second Chair"?  Do you know the NRA approves of the firm our state NRA affiliate hired & is supporting the case financially?  Did you even read any of the last several copies of "News & Briefs"? 

When you're done threatening to leave (or are in the process of leaving) there's still work to be done on MANY FRONTS!  

CHARLIE DON'T SURF!  He can do a great job taking lives though, just ask Dustin's Widow (from Mall at Short Hills carjacking)!

Image may contain: 1 person, text

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ChrisJM981 said:

If the Supremacy Clause of Article 6 does not allow a state to make a law that is more restrictive than a federal law, and we already have the Gun Control Acts of 1934, 1968, and 1986 then shouldn't anything more restrictive be struck down? I'd like an attorney who thinks along those lines, or perhaps a purist willing to pursue "shall not be infringed". 

Did you listen to the oral arguments?

19 hours ago, reloaderguy said:

Doesn't matter how much money you spend or the lawyers used ... when the judges are stacked against you, you lose... plain and simple. At least they are working through the levels needed though..... we need to get a case to SCOTUS and now that SCOTUS leans more our direction the odds are getting better for them to hear some cases and to win and hopefully put some of this anti gun crap to rest for once and for all. Up until now with the split of the court so uncertain, had they heard 2a case and it didnt go our way it would have hurt our efforts more so then scotus not hearing the case at all.

Your also free to use your own money, find your own lawyer and bring your own case against the state. just saying.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

.....personally.....  i found it a bit distastful advertising for 1.25 per month per mag -

.....just sayin.

Well, not a bad deal if you only have a couple of mags.  Pretty sure that's not the case for most of us.

But seriously, if you store mags somewhere in the state, how would get them back out after the law goes into effect without risking a felony conviction?

2 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Well, not a bad deal if you only have a couple of mags.  Pretty sure that's not the case for most of us.

But seriously, if you store mags somewhere in the state, how would get them back out after the law goes into effect without risking a felony conviction?

Good point, that is the up-selling they will do with us later, will have to pay for them to transport it - LOL! 

32 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

The reality is, all of us commit either multiple misdemeanors or felonies every day, one way or another. Hell, just breathing in this state can almost get you arrested. So, what's one more possible felony?

35 minutes ago, Old Glock guy said:

Exactly right, at $1.25 a pop per month, per mag. It certainly ain't worth it, unless you're leaving the state in a few months. Otherwise, if you're here for a few years, just take your lumps and loss, and destroy them. (or hide them if you feel lucky that the SC will overturn the law).

1 hour ago, Philasipha said:

I plan on sending my mags down south, do I have to go through an FFL or can I just use UPS or FedEx?

Any guidance on how I should pack them?

just put em in the mail no need to label them at all - in a box with bubble wrap

1 hour ago, Old Glock guy said:

You can't. But on the other hand you can't drive out of the state at all without risking death in an auto accident.

Seriously, we need some sense of proportion here. Unless you plan to fly a flag on the vehicle crying "I'm Transporting 10+ Round Mags Out Of NJ" and/or drive like a maniac the risk of being stopped, let alone discovered, is so close to zero as to be negligible.

If that wasn't true there wouldn't be any gang-bangers running around with guns on foot or in cars.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

You can't. But on the other hand you can't drive out of the state at all without risking death in an auto accident.

Seriously, we need some sense of proportion here. Unless you plan to fly a flag on the vehicle crying "I'm Transporting 10+ Round Mags Out Of NJ" and/or drive like a maniac the risk of being stopped, let alone discovered, is so close to zero as to be negligible.

If that wasn't true there wouldn't be any gang-bangers running around with guns on foot or in cars.

If criminals obey the law crime would not exist. Ergo the argument if the law was in enforced crime would not exist. 

We can and should segway into what is constitutional criminal activity... but we’d digress from the show.

Listen, seriously! For my only time that I’m gonna be serious here! All the home invaders, gang bangers, bank robbers, muggers; are taken there mags out of state and or putting them in storage at an NJSP approved facility! You guys should either move out!; or do the same!

and yes they all understand they don’t have a justifiable need to carry, so aren’t doing that anymore also.

thats what I heard anyway 

• Like 1

I think the problem is the criminals don't care about the consequences if they're caught.  They're not interested in following the law anyway.  So what if Tony Soprano can't legally own/carry a firearm.  He will anyway.

Us law abiding citizens do care, if we are legally prohibited, we won't, so we are concerned about having that right taken away.