Did their policy change over the years? I'm only asking cuz I picked one up from them and they sent it to my FFL a while back (like 4 years ago). I don't recall if I needed to send them a copy of my FID. They also require FID card on file now for ammo but that's a different topic. I jumped on the Federal Black Friday Black Pack Bucks deal and they shipped without issue. Give them a call. If it was due to that then send them a copy of the FID and ask them to honor the price. It can't hurt.  

Their faq says they will ship compliant rifles to NJ, but they will not ship completed lowers.

IMO, the issue is on the buyers end and the FFL if the stock needs to be pinned. But it's still legal if there is no semiautomatic upper attached to it, or being sold along side it.

18 minutes ago, Lakota said:

yea doesn't make sense... they even have info in their FAQ on how to submit your FID info for NJ to them.  They have NJ FFL's on file in their list online...Sounds like maybe you ordered something that just is not legal in NJ at all.

Ok I can only vouch for compliant rifles and stripped lowers. Since OP stated completed lower I know some vendors will not ship them if not NJ compliant. If the stock was collasible that would be their way out.They don't wanna deal with the Jersey drama. OP you could always build them yourself they are quite easy to put together. 

You can only order a stripped lower from PSA and have it shipped to NJ.

if they've already assembled bits onto the lower, they won't ship it, as they won't pin the stock before shipping, and won't let an FFL do it before transfer.

I even called asked them if they could just ship the package unassembled, and they wouldn't.

Sucks as over the years they've had complete lower setups that were really nicely priced.

19 minutes ago, charleslee said:

JackDaWhack, Where did you see:

“Their faq says they will ship compliant rifles to NJ, but they will not ship completed lowers.” 

I couldn’t find it.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/customer-service#FirearmShipments

I missed it at first as well.

SHIPPING RESTRICTIONS

• PSA will not ship ANY items to the District of Columbia (Washington D.C.).
  • PSA will not ship ANY items to the state of Massachusetts.
  • PSA will not ship ANY AR or AK Parts or Firearms (Including Receivers) to Connecticut, Chicago, Illinois, Cook County, Illinois, or Deerfield, Illinois.
  • PSA will not ship ANY AR or AK Firearms (Including Receivers) to Aurora, Highland Park, Deerfield, or Cook County, Illinois.
  • PSA will not ship any handguns to CA that are not on the DOJ roster. This includes Single Shot Exemption conversions.
  • No AR parts will be shipped to Connecticut. All such orders will be cancelled and the customer will be charged a 5% fee.
  • All firearms sales to Puerto Rico residents are subject to review. Please send in a copy of your Puerto Rico-Issued weapons license after placing your order to [email protected]. Allow up to 3-5 business days for additional processing.
  • Stripped lower receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    • Colorado (Boulder, Denver, Vail)
    • Connecticut
    • Massachusetts
  • Complete AR and AK receivers will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    • California
    • Connecticut
    • Maryland
    • New Jersey
    • New York
  • Non-Compliant AR & AK models will NOT be shipped to the following states:
    • California (No “assault weapons” can be shipped.)
    • Connecticut
    • Maryland
    • New Jersey
    • New York

Please note that Palmetto State Armory DOES NOT ship high-capacity magazines with firearms to the states listed above. We WILL NOT replace high capacity magazines with state compliant magazines. We DO NOT offer refunds in place of the magazines.

Why are you guys so mad?

OK so they won't ship you a completed lower.

But they'll ship your FFL a stripped lower, and ship a lower parts kit, shockwave blade and a 10.5" barreled upper no questions asked to your door.

What you decide to put together is your ass on the line of course. But it's your choice. That's what freedom is all about.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mossburger said:

OK so they won't ship you a completed lower.

But they'll ship your FFL a stripped lower, and ship a lower parts kit, shockwave blade and a 10.5" barreled upper no questions asked to your door.

Exactly what I was thinking. Or get a Anderson or any other lower from your FFL, and get the complete lower and upper kit sent to you, and build it yourself.

Problem solved.

• Like 1

the owner of PSA is a dumbass, I spoke to him on the phone in the fall about this exact issue and I explained how any gun they ship to an FFL in NJ, it's made compliant before it ends up in the owners hands. These are things they should know, seeing as they have an FFL and SOT and bring NFA items across state lines and for demos often without needing to file the proper paperwork.