Lambo2936

Value of Jeep Wrangler; please move if in wrong area

K. i got pictures, i just gotta upload them and i'm busy woik'in... Couple minor things i noticed, one of the covers for the hinge for the rear glass is broken off on the hard top. Its a piece of plastic, probably 20 bucks to replace.
The finish on the hinges looks 'wrinkly'; my guess is rust beneath the paint?? Or maybe its just supposed to be like that? f*** if i know.
Rust on drivers seat bolt, maybe some water coming in with the soft (or hard?) top installed? No idea. This means possibly rust on the floor too. IDK. Drivers side carpet is also pretty worn, i dont think there was an area mat installed either, that would cover it up.
Butt of the seat is also wrinkled and such, as expected from what is likely tons of time spent in the chair.

The transmission was rebuilt but they messed up, and its being re-rebuilt as we speak. Was performed at Midas. Have a picture of the receipt. Still under warranty.

Still not sure if to sell my truck, sell the jeep, sell both, or keep both. There's a war going on in my brain now that i've realized a lift is like 200 friggin dollars for a jeep.. WTF? A Lift for my truck was like 2 grand when i was looking!
Anyhow, figured id update everyone @Ray Ray @CageFighter

• Like 1

Do yourself a favor and do not buy a 200 dollar lift kit. It will likely be way more trouble it's worth. Just the shocks on my wrangler were way more than 200 bucks. 

Anyone know what JEEP stands for? 

Just

Empty

Every 

Pocket

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fishnut said:

Do yourself a favor and do not buy a 200 dollar lift kit. It will likely be way more trouble it's worth. Just the shocks on my wrangler were way more than 200 bucks. 

Anyone know what JEEP stands for? 

Just

Empty

Every 

Pocket

Those products are not real lifts.  They’re budget friendly option that involve a rubber spacer for the spring coils.  They’re more trouble than it’s worth.  They mess with steering geometry and make the ride very bouncy.  

A proper lift installed by a reputable place is 1500+ at a minimum.   Sure you can go cheaper but when it comes to your steering and handling do you really want to go cheap and get the death wobble when your on the highway doing 65?  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NJSigfan said:

Sure you can go cheaper but when it comes to your steering and handling do you really want to go cheap and get the death wobble when your on the highway doing 65?  

Doing 65 in a jeep, ha.

16 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Looking for a 2.5 lift for a 2015 j/k rubicon 4dr.

Was thinking something like this.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16156_0430.htm

Opinions?

And my 5 grand valuation of Lambos Jeep is now down to 4 lol!

JKS makes quality stuff, it's good to go. I have front and rear track bars from them and sway bar disconnects. Also take a look at OME brand, it's in the same price range and also very good quality. My wrangler rides better than stock with 3" of lift. 

23 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Doing 65 in a jeep, ha.

Why? With 33" tires and stock 3.73 gearing I can still cruze at 75 on the highway no problem. Just takes a little while to get there. 

1 minute ago, fishnut said:

JKS makes quality stuff, it's good to go. I have front and rear track bars from them and sway bar disconnects. Also take a look at OME brand, it's in the same price range and also very good quality. My wrangler rides better than stock with 3" of lift. 

Why? With 33" tires and stock 3.73 gearing I can still cruze at 75 on the highway no problem. Just takes a little while to get there. 

Cool thanks I’ll check that brand out also.  I won’t be doing it until March. I am thinking 35’s to go with it but still unsure. Also... any huge difference between fox, billstein, falcon shocks?

49 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Cool thanks I’ll check that brand out also.  I won’t be doing it until March. I am thinking 35’s to go with it but still unsure. Also... any huge difference between fox, billstein, falcon shocks?

35x12.5? If you use the jeep for a winter vehicle and it's a 2 door you might want to consider 10.5" tires. The 12.5" are so wide and the vehicle is so light that when driving in snow you tend to float on top of the snow and loose traction. The 10.5"s cut through the snow. 35s do look cool though........

That's why I went with 33x10.5 tires. Last week I got 18" of snow and my jeep cut right through it like nothing. I drove it up to the base of Mt.Washington to snowboard like i was driving on dry pavement. 

As far as shocks go I dont have any personal experience with any of them I went with OME shocks. Out of those 3 I'd go with the billstine shocks. But I'd really recommend checking out OME. 

Id highly recommend purchasing your lift kit through DPG offroad. Better prices than quadratech and when you call you gett the owner on the phone and he will walk you through step by step to get each component you need. For example do you know what rate springs you want based on the options you have on your jeep and what type of offroading you do? 

4 hours ago, fishnut said:

Just don't turn either.