revenger

12 ga "bear" loads

On 12/21/2018 at 5:21 PM, BobA said:

All good points.  But remember we live in a fucked up blue bubbled state:

https://www.nj.com/sussex-county/index.ssf/2016/01/nj_man_found_guilty_in_killing_of_3_bears_outside.html

That guy is an asshole and should have his balls shot off. He killed them because he was scared of them, no other reason. People like that need to stay in the city 

On 1/2/2019 at 7:16 PM, DaddyNick said:

Well that isn't enough for us to come up there and hunt them. Lol. 

I'm a few hundred yards from the border of White Mountain National Forest so there's thousands of acres to hunt them walking distance from my house. 

32 minutes ago, fishnut said:

I'm a few hundred yards from the border of White Mountain National Forest so there's thousands of acres to hunt them walking distance from my house. 

Yer killin us...you know that..

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, W2MC said:

Yer killin us...you know that..

If I could figure out how to post pics you would be really jealous. I got a decent pic of a good size bear about 30-40 feet away from me. 

On 1/12/2019 at 11:50 AM, fishnut said:

If I could figure out how to post pics you would be really jealous. I got a decent pic of a good size bear about 30-40 feet away from me. 

I was standing at the brush line in my back yard. Those train tracks are 70 feet from my back door. @W2MC @DaddyNick

20180615_204158.jpg

3 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What does bear meat taste like?

Shit, that's why I dont hunt bear, I only kill what I eat. I have had bear meat sausage that was good  but that's just cuz the seasoning over powered the taste of the meat. 

18 minutes ago, W2MC said:

It makes pretty good chili

and just a chip shot with a 30-30 or a slug....can you get in there with a truck to get him outta there?

The winch cable on my jeep would reach no problem. But I'll just enjoy watching the bear, I have no plans to hunt one. 

• Agree 1

On 1/2/2019 at 2:50 PM, fishnut said:

It is legal in NJ to shoot any animal if they are harassing livestock. This includes dogs. 

There is a caveat to that, the owner must be registered as a farm.  

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

There is a caveat to that, the owner must be registered as a farm.  

No, not true, they only have to be making money off the livestock. When I was an animal control officer and cruelty investigator I had a call in Kingwood twp where neighbor A shot and killed neighbor B's dog because it was attacking and killed several of their chickens. Some were egg layers and some were 4H show chickens. Because they sold the eggs the chickens were considered livestock. The shooter was not charged by the state police who meet with me on scene.

Google 4:19-8 and 4:19-9. They are the NJ statutes. 

You and @BobA are getting confused with the tax break for farm assessment 

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, fishnut said:

No, not true, they only have to be making money off the livestock. When I was an animal control officer and cruelty investigator I had a call in Kingwood twp where neighbor A shot and killed neighbor B's dog because it was attacking and killed several of their chickens. Some were egg layers and some were 4H show chickens. Because they sold the eggs the chickens were considered livestock. The shooter was not charged by the state police who meet with me on scene.

Google 4:19-8 and 4:19-9. They are the NJ statutes. 

You and @BobA are getting confused with the tax break for farm assessment 

No, I knew that. Personally when someone says farm that’s all I think of. Anything else to me is just pets and a garden.