Scorpio64

AR (everything but the lower) Build KIt $260.00

This is just ridiculous.  $260 for a M4ish build kit with a complete upper (no assembly required). Only the lower build kit needs to be assembled with your stripped lower.  This is a special AR 15 days of Christmas offer from PSA.  Some compliance wok will be necessary as the flash hider is a no-go and the stock will have to be pinned.  This is one of PSA's Freedom Rifle kits, which are usually rated pretty highly.

516444565_1.jpg

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5-56-nato-1-7-m4-nitride-classic-gray-freedom-rifle-kit-5165450284.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, myhatinthering said:

Psa is worse than dpms, psa freedom is garbage.   prices are low, buy up

Your standards are too high.  I have been tracking PSA's Freedom Rifles for quite some time, and yanno what, they work, they are also fairly high rated.  They are not SPRs, they are not DMRs they are not Daniel Defense.

What they are is basic reliable build kits for a 3moa or better rifle.  Good 'nuff fer gubbernment work.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

This is just ridiculous.  $260 for a M4ish build kit with a complete upper (no assembly required).

and they had stripped lowers for $49 today, so for a little over $300, you have a basic AR.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Your standards are too high.  I have been tracking PSA's Freedom Rifles for quite some time, and yanno what, they work, they are also fairly high rated.  They are not SPRs, they are not DMRs they are not Daniel Defense.

What they are is basic reliable build kits for a 3moa or better rifle.  Good 'nuff fer gubbernment work.

No my standards arent.  ruger and sw both under 500.  with prices this cheap,  why reach down when you can get better by reaching up. 

Psa stripped lowers and uppers are fine but anything else is tiger rock quality, pure shit.   again, with prices this low you have to be fucking stupid to reach down instead of up

What gubbernent is using them?  apparently they are not good enough...lol

All kidding aside, in the past year I've helped no less than 9 people with psa kits.  all but one had issues from canted front sites, out of spec upper, extractor with no ring, discinnector etc.   just stay away and buy better.  cheap and inexpensive are NOT the same thing. 

2 hours ago, myhatinthering said:

What gubbernent is using them?  apparently they are not good enough...lol

-----------------------

in the past year I've helped no less than 9 people with psa kits.  all but one had issues from canted from sites, out of spec upper, extractor with no ring, discinnector etc.  

I said "good 'nuff for gubbernment work, not good enough for a government contract.

I maintain, your standards are too high.  Not every watch has to be a 7 jewel Swiss masterpiece.  There are thousands of reviews (on PSA's site, and unaffiliated gun forums) that disagree with your statistics and assessment of the overall quality.

You are also missing the point of the post.  A rifle kit for $260 is insane.  This is a fantastic deal for anyone sitting on a stripped lower that wants to do their first build.  If mil-spec accuracy is all one wants, you will not find a better deal.

• Like 1

I said "good 'nuff for gubbernment work, not good enough for a government contract.

I maintain, your standards are too high.  Not every watch has to be a 7 jewel Swiss masterpiece.  There are thousands of reviews (on PSA's site, and unaffiliated gun forums) that disagree with your statistics and assessment of the overall quality.

You are also missing the point of the post.  A rifle kit for $260 is insane.  This is a fantastic deal for anyone sitting on a stripped lower that wants to do their first build.  If mil-spec accuracy is all one wants, you will not find a better deal.

its experience, nothing more than experience and im not alone as arfcom, m4net, etc littered with like opinions.  you want shit, its your money.  one is better off with the smith at 399 or ruger at 450

You put it together right, you pull your booger picker and the gun will go bang properly - it's not a top of the line gun by any means but it'll work.

Prices are way down on AR parts... which is great.  Having to do compliance work still sucks though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

You put it together right, you pull your booger picker and the gun will go bang properly - it's not a top of the line gun by any means but it'll work.

Prices are way down on AR parts... which is great.  Having to do compliance work still sucks though.

I have an angle grinder. You buy the beer and provide the garage. What could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

I have an angle grinder. You buy the beer and provide the garage. What could possibly go wrong?

Lol.. I’m laughing at this as I was grinding the inwall safe door in the house.. that was a first for me. ( needed a little tweaking, lol)

2 minutes ago, High Exposure said:

I use a Dremel for bayo lugs and for cutting down FSB has blocks to fit under a tube. I found the Dremel is perfectly adequate and let’s me be much more precise than the grinder.

Dremels are fine.... Just gotta be careful as they bind up sometimes.

I still use a dremel to remove the Bayo then a belt sander to make it look pretty before bluing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, remixer said:

Dremels are fine.... Just gotta be careful as they bind up sometimes.

I still use a dremel to remove the Bayo then a belt sander to make it look pretty before bluing.

That reminds me I got a couple pieces to bring to you for comp work.

13 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

This is just ridiculous.  $260 for a M4ish build kit with a complete upper (no assembly required). Only the lower build kit needs to be assembled with your stripped lower.  This is a special AR 15 days of Christmas offer from PSA.  Some compliance wok will be necessary as the flash hider is a no-go and the stock will have to be pinned.  This is one of PSA's Freedom Rifle kits, which are usually rated pretty highly.

516444565_1.jpg

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-5-56-nato-1-7-m4-nitride-classic-gray-freedom-rifle-kit-5165450284.html

I'm surprised those assholes ship that to NJ...   They have there own rules and its shocking they ship such dangerous things to NJ. :)

Just now, Krdshrk said:

That reminds me I got a couple pieces to bring to you for comp work.

We'll.. I am the brake whisperer LOL

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

I use a Dremel for bayo lugs and for cutting down FSB has blocks to fit under a tube. I found the Dremel is perfectly adequate and let’s me be much more precise than the grinder.

Apparently you do not subscribe to the Tim Taylor school of thought....

More power arg arg argggg

JovialSereneIndianelephant-size_restrict

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

Apparently you do not subscribe to the Tim Taylor school of thought....

More power arg arg argggg

JovialSereneIndianelephant-size_restrict

Yes i know.... I just got use to it and like the precision of it.  I have thought it using Bandsaw, Angle Grinder with cut off disc but decided not to :)

I'm old and do not like change.

I would try this LOL

maxresdefault.jpg

I agree, for someone entering the sport, want's to try to build their own, just interested in punching some holes in paper and experiencing a AR, it's a good entry point to learn the ropes.

Also, a build like this could be your "registered" throw away "evil military assault rifle", when the guys in the black SUVs show up and want your weapon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Air pressure good. Electric bad.

Are you Amish?

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

I agree, for someone entering the sport, want's to try to build their own, just interested in punching some holes in paper and experiencing a AR, it's a good entry point to learn the ropes.

Also, a build like this could be your "registered" throw away "evil military assault rifle", when the guys in the black SUVs show up and want your weapon.

Not even sure what "registered throw away" Means... But i like your thinking..

I remember a guy asking me at the shop if i had Trowaway Guns.... I just stared at him for about 30 seconds and asked hi to explain....  In a strong NY accent he explained when he fishes on a boat and it falls in the water he wanted someone cheap LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Umm do the Amish rock compressed air?

Actually... YES.... If you goto an Amish wood working shop they use all Air tools because they have an englishmen turn on the compressor.... I was shocked to see Air saws etc etc

THey also drive in Cars but not drive cars.

18 minutes ago, remixer said:

Actually... YES.... If you goto an Amish wood working shop they use all Air tools because they have an englishmen turn on the compressor.... I was shocked to see Air saws etc etc

THey also drive in Cars but not drive cars.

I’ve seen them rock electric also..

33 minutes ago, remixer said:

Not even sure what "registered throw away" Means... But i like your thinking..

When they go back and clean up the new mag law that referred to registering:

17.      (New section)  a.  A person who legally owns a firearm 2[with a fixed magazine capacity holding up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds and was purchased on or] as set forth in paragraph (1) or (2) of this subsection2 prior to the effective date of P.L.      , c.    (C.        ) (pending before the Legislature as this bill) shall register that firearm within one year from the effective date2[this act]:

(1)   a firearm with a fixed magazine capacity holding up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds; or

(2)   a firearm which only accepts a detachable magazine with a capacity of up to 15 rounds which is incapable of being modified to accommodate 10 or less rounds2 .

Will they go back and "modify" or "fix" that clause to include ANY detachable magazine? Anything is possible with these idiots.

This PSA rifle could be the one you register (and lose all your others in a boating accident), if so.