Sniper

House Democrats Plan To Criminalize Private Gun Sales

I told you guys the new Democrats coming into the House in January will be pulling out all the anti-2A stops. They're going to copy the law Murphy signed eliminating all face to face, private sales, this time nationwide.

Democrats have promised an anti-Second Amendment agenda once they take over the House in January.  Among the plethora of unconstitutional legislation, they will seek to push through is to criminalize private gun sales between individuals.

Democrats will do this by advancing a bill that will require a background check for every single gun sale.  Remember, these are the same people that cry “innocent until proven guilty” when they are accused of criminal activity, but they want you and me to prove our innocence and will assume we are guilty before purchasing a gun and exercising our God-given rights to keep and bear such arms, which they are supposed to protect.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/12/06/house-democrats-plan-to-criminalize-private-gun-sales/

To take such a hard line with no track record of legislative success could be a risky move, but gun control advocates point to the 2018 midterms as proof the political calculus on guns has shifted. A record 97 percent of people polled voiced support for universal background checks in the wake of the February shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, and many Democratic congressional candidates successfully flipped red seats while running on platforms calling for stricter gun regulations.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/12/house-democrats-gun-control-background-checks/

And lastly, the perfect example was this new mag law in our state. The judges could care less about the constitution, facts and truth.... It's ALL about emotion and politics...

• Like 1

I expect them to pass all sorts of inane shit in the house with the knowledge they won't have to face the consequences of it passing in the senate. 

They don't want it to pass, they just want to craft bullet points for negative campaigning. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, raz-0 said:

I expect them to pass all sorts of inane shit in the house with the knowledge they won't have to face the consequences of it passing in the senate. 

They don't want it to pass, they just want to craft bullet points for negative campaigning. 

So very true.. to a point.

1 hour ago, raz-0 said:

The Democrats don't think that way. They actually think they're passing meaningful legislation and doing God's work.

They actually believe the crap they pass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

The Democrats don't think that way. They actually think they're passing meaningful legislation and doing God's work.

That's because they're soooo much smarter than the rest of us, we can't possibly understand them. Just ask Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono.

• Like 1

Its amazing how many idiots and mathmatically challenged jackasses reside in this country.

House passes a bill, senate rejects it, no law.

House passes a bill, senate passes bill, president vetos, no law.

They actually think having control of 1 house of legislature, means they can make any law they want. Maybe more than the crazy bitch from NY should be forced to watch Schoolhouse Rock. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Its amazing how many idiots and mathmatically challenged jackasses reside in this country.

They actually think having control of 1 house of legislature, means they can make any law they want. Maybe more than the crazy bitch from NY should be forced to watch Schoolhouse Rock. 

It’s posturing 

but some would call it foreshadowing 

• Like 1

Unlike the shit-ass situation locally, Democrats going wild at the federal level will just help P-Trump get re-elected in 2020. This way he can nominate more federal judges, which in our situation, is our only hope...Go House Democrats! Ban everything, investigate everything, you are doing great!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, PeteF said:

They actually think having control of 1 house of legislature, means they can make any law they want.

We're going to have to watch really closely what happens.

Dems pass a bill, the Establishment Repubs sign on, will there be enough Trump Repubs to keep it from passing the Senate?

It might pass because "It's for the Children" (or they get another large mass shooting and get emotions to fly)..

1 minute ago, Sniper22 said:

We're going to have to watch really closely what happens.

Dems pass a bill, the Establishment Repubs sign on, will there be enough Trump Repubs to keep it from passing the Senate?

It might pass because "It's for the Children" (or they get another large mass shooting and get emotions to fly)..

They just need to keep in in their back pocket, to apply when there is another crisis.

55 minutes ago, PeteF said:

They are not crazy... this is the par for the course SOP for any politician, especially those in the minority.

Every year Michael Patrick Carroll introduces pro 2A gun bills in NJ... he KNOWS they are not going to pass, but does so anyway to show to voters that he tries.

Same for the Dems.

The incoming class of Democrats needs to show to their constituents that "they tried."  All of those bills were ready to go a long long time ago and get resubmitted every year.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PeteF said:

Sounds like the National Reciprocity Law.

Why didn't the current crop of Republican Senators pass it? It's been sitting collecting dust for a year....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 45Doll said:

That's because they're soooo much smarter than the rest of us, we can't possibly understand them. Just ask Hawaii Senator Mazie Hirono.

Very true.  For a more 'local' example here on njgunforums; read the comments of our democrat-in-residence, AVB-AMG.  

19 hours ago, Sniper22 said:

"They actually believe the crap they pass."

Are you saying they believe in poop? 

Are you saying they are full of this same "poop"?

I have to confess I agree with you on both counts.

4 hours ago, 345Sire said:

"They actually believe the crap they pass."

Are you saying they believe in poop? 

Are you saying they are full of this same "poop"?

I have to confess I agree with you on both counts.

Sadly, yes they are.

1kxx51.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 11:21 AM, Sniper22 said:

I told you guys the new Democrats coming into the House in January will be pulling out all the anti-2A stops. They're going to copy the law Murphy signed eliminating all face to face, private sales, this time nationwide.

Democrats have promised an anti-Second Amendment agenda once they take over the House in January.  Among the plethora of unconstitutional legislation, they will seek to push through is to criminalize private gun sales between individuals.

Democrats will do this by advancing a bill that will require a background check for every single gun sale.  Remember, these are the same people that cry “innocent until proven guilty” when they are accused of criminal activity, but they want you and me to prove our innocence and will assume we are guilty before purchasing a gun and exercising our God-given rights to keep and bear such arms, which they are supposed to protect.

https://www.dcclothesline.com/2018/12/06/house-democrats-plan-to-criminalize-private-gun-sales/

To take such a hard line with no track record of legislative success could be a risky move, but gun control advocates point to the 2018 midterms as proof the political calculus on guns has shifted. A record 97 percent of people polled voiced support for universal background checks in the wake of the February shooting at Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, and many Democratic congressional candidates successfully flipped red seats while running on platforms calling for stricter gun regulations.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/12/house-democrats-gun-control-background-checks/

And lastly, the perfect example was this new mag law in our state. The judges could care less about the constitution, facts and truth.... It's ALL about emotion and politics...

If I were to don Johnny Carson's hat of predictions I'd venture that there will be people who disregard this "between legal owners transactions" restriction. 

(quotes my own paraphrasing)

On 12/6/2018 at 4:34 PM, PeteF said:

you think trump wouldn't sign this?  i dont think it'll pass the senate, but i have my doubts of a presidential veto.  especially if pushed after the "next parkland"

2 hours ago, revenger said:

From the article:

..."The push to criminalize private gun sales is being presented as a universal background check requirement. Such checks would require Americans to get government permission to sell a gun to a neighbor, a life-long friend, or a co-worker.

NPR reports that Rep. King said, “When background checks are used, they keep guns out of the hands of people we all agree shouldn’t have guns.”

King did not mention that Gabby Giffords’ attacker passed a background check for his gun, as did the November October 1, 2017, Las Vegas gunman, the June 12, 2016, Orlando Pulse gunman, the October 1, 2015, Umpqua Community College gunman, the May 23, 2014, Santa Barbara gunman, the July 20, 2012, Aurora movie theater gunman, and the November 5, 2009, Ft. Hood gunman, to name a few."

Somehow, these idiot politician still haven't figured it out, it's not the background checks that are the problem.......... or the inanimate object (the gun)......