Zeke

Anyone watching France?

22 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

hope it gets worse and grows to be honest. 

there is so much pent up frustration there it's remarkable this isn't happening in Belgium, Norway and Germany as well.  France is leading the way again, unreal

Last weekend Belgium was included.

10 minutes ago, myhatinthering said:

it will only get worse as America pulls more support and financial assistance (euro countries get plenty that is both on the table and under it)   Not to mention, the French are sick of foreigners

Look at brexit.. I have no idea what the hell is going on there. It’s actually the “ baby it’s cold outside “ in real life.. go, don’t go

Im watching France to study. This isn’t a 3rd world like Venezuela.. 

27 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Now we move to acquire Champagne, Cognac, and handbags.

French Pension Protesters Storm LVMH Building In Downtown Paris | ZeroHedge

French protests, strikes, walkouts are so weird...and so common.

A bunch of years ago I got stranded trying to get to Charles deGaulle airport by train, for a flight out of Paris.  I was not stranded because of a general transit strike.  I was not stranded because of a railroad strike.  No, I was stranded because the workers on JUST THAT ONE TRAIN, that I happened to be on, decided to strike.  They pulled it into Gare de Nord station and simply walked away, leaving the train there blocking the platform and tracks.   Everything else in and out of the station was still running, but the workers didn't want to move the train I'd been on out of some weird solidarity thing even though they probably had no idea what the workers on the one train had gotten  bent out of shape about..   So I missed my flight back home.   And Air France was not particularly helpful in getting me on another flight.

11 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

But they were,  more so than Brits.  1st army is responsible for Brits life and success

That's a perspective I have never heard before. You know France has never won a war ever, right?

Even when England was over run in 1066, that was William of Normandy. He had just conquered France before he invaded England.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

That's a perspective I have never heard before. You know France has never won a war ever, right?

Even when England was over run in 1066, that was William of Normandy. He had just conquered France before he invaded England.

well no offense but it's due to your lack of education on the matter.

French 1st Army retreated fewer mile against more Germans than the Brit expeditionary forces who also had more men on the northern theater.  Dunkirk was only doable as a result of the 1st army literally, LITERALLY shooting to last round.  The german command diaries (forget the name) of the time have nothing but contempt and loathing at the brits but accolades for the tenacious defense by the French in early part of war.  In fact, after the war it was said of the Western theater by those that fought there from start to finish the French were hardest fighters but had shit leadership.  Of course I call bs as no one is better than us:)

seriously however, lots of stuff on this out there.  Don't forget, no one, not the French, Brits, Canadians, etc expected Germany to go around like they did.  The bulk of French forces were much further south and part of the reason why Vichy existed (Germany wasn't going South with all it's armies after Dunkirk vs setting up friendly gov't.

I could go on but the skinny

55 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

Hey, why don't we have this?

"On the eve of the pension-reform vote, Macron applied article 49.3 of the French constitution, which allows the president to impose the law without a vote."

Isn’t that what executive orders are? Lol

14 hours ago, 45Doll said:

yea. pretty nasty over there. they were probably watching how we handled blmtifa. now they don't have any control. pretty much every govt on the planet doesn't seem to realize that they govern at the consent of the governed.....