Just so LEO knows, I've taken all my high-capacity revolvers and restricted them to either 6  or 8 rounds. Hope that you're happy Murphy.

Seriously though, contrary to popular belief, I do own a fair number of bottom-feeders,and an AR or two, also. I spent about three hours on Thursday combing the house for any mags >10 rounds, and then bagging and tagging them. They all now reside, happily, with my son in PA. I then placed an order for some compliant mags for those guns for which I didn't already have some on hand.

I really have a problem with wrapping my mind around making a law that applies retroactively. How we are made felons by the mere stroke of a pen, based on goods that were 100% legal when purchased, and worse yet - still legal in the majority of locales in this country. It really galls me to be able to walk out of my house with items that could put me in jail, walk less than 3/4 of a mile and be legal again. Here's hoping that the Supreme Court rectifies this injustice. I'd wish for the liberals to get their collective heads out of their a$$es, but that doesn't seem very likely - they're too busy trying to appear to be "doing something" even though it has zero impact on the problem.

Rant off.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 8

Pizza Bob - I feel your pain.  I did the same as you and collected everything > than 10 rounds.  All that’s left to do is attempt to modify one as a test subject or ship them off to storage facility.

What burns me is the lack of knowledge regarding the mag limit law.  I spoke with a very close friend of mine who is a cop for Somerset county.  There has been zero communication to the them about it.  He knows it starts on the 10th but thought everything is grandfathered.  He was not aware of  citizens becoming felons if we keep anything greater than 10rounds.

to me that’s insanity that the people placed in charge of enforcing the laws aren’t made aware of the impact.

3 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

I really have a problem with wrapping my mind around making a law that applies retroactively. How we are made felons by the mere stroke of a pen, based on goods that were 100% legal when purchased, and worse yet - still legal in the majority of locales in this country.

To be perfectly honest, It's because the gun owners in the state, in total, have no balls to stand up to tyrants.

Next up will be 5 round mags,  no more Internet ammo sales, single evil feature ARs (on the way to semi-auto ban), etc. etc. etc.

and sadly, it will all happen without any pushback or a single peep from the gun owner population.

3 hours ago, Pizza Bob said:

Here's hoping that the Supreme Court rectifies this injustice.

That won't happen either, it would be like touching the 3rd rail in the subway. You saw what the other side did to Kavanaugh, do you really think the conservative judges on the SC want to be targeted like that if they try and pass a pro gun law?

2 hours ago, Kawi7 said:

This is just the one of the many laws they devised to chip away at gun ownership.. They are probably thinking that they screwed up and should have made it 5 rounds based on the majority ruling of the 3 Circuit Court...

There's a 5 round bill already sitting in the bullpen, I bet we will see it come to the floor this year for a vote.

1 hour ago, NJSigfan said:

I spoke with a very close friend of mine who is a cop for Somerset county.  There has been zero communication to the them about it.  He knows it starts on the 10th but thought everything is grandfathered.  He was not aware of  citizens becoming felons if we keep anything greater than 10rounds.

And this is why everyone can stop freaking out that the black SUVs will show up at their house on Dec. 11th, kick in their door, shoot their dog, and cuff them and take them away for having a 11 round mag. IT AIN'T GOING TO HAPPEN.

The majority of LEOs don't know anything about the new law.

Better idea,,, instead of bitching and crying on this waste of time forum call Mitch McConnell twice a day Monday through Friday everyday at 

And say you want HR38 voted on right now. If that bill passes it will in turn help overturn capacity restrictions. 

I've been calling for the last 2 weeks and I feel like I'm the only one. I've also priority mailed a hand written letter and emailed. What did any of youze guys do? 

1 minute ago, louu said:

Better idea,,, instead of bitching and crying on this waste of time forum call Mitch McConnell twice a day Monday through Friday everyday at 

And say you want HR38 voted on right now. If that bill passes it will in turn help overturn capacity restrictions. 

I've been calling for the last 2 weeks and I feel like I'm the only one. I've also priority mailed a hand written letter and emailed. What did any of youze guys do? 

The senate bill is S446. 

1 hour ago, louu said:

Don’t think national reciprocity is going anywhere.. Either House bill H.R. 38, which passed the house and is stalled somewhere in the senate or Senate bill S446, which I believe hasn’t made it out of the Judiciary Committee.  

Either the Republicans don’t want the heat from the Democrat liberals, as in protests and confrontations in restaurants, etc, or they don’t have the votes, as in not all Republicans on board behind the scenes, because they’re in swing states and don’t want to risk re-election.

McConnell doesn’t bring bills to a vote, unless he has the votes.. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

Don’t think national reciprocity is going anywhere.. Either House bill H.R. 38, which passed the house and is stalled somewhere in the senate or Senate bill S446, which I believe hasn’t made it out of the Judiciary Committee.  

Either the Republicans don’t want the heat from the Democrat liberals, as in protests and confrontations in restaurants, etc, or they don’t have the votes, as in not all Republicans on board behind the scenes, because they’re in swing states and don’t want to risk re-election.

How hard is it to call? I don’t jus call my reps or senators. I beg the the pro ones with our plight.

“ this isn’t even America “

Just now, Zeke said:

How hard is it to call? I don’t jus call my reps or senators. I beg the the pro ones with our plight.

“ this isn’t even America “

It’s not hard, not disagreeing with that part of it..  Everyone should call, but the reality is those bills have got less than a month to pass before they’re gone.. Just my take on why McConnell isn’t acting on them.. 

Just now, Kawi7 said:

It’s not hard, not disagreeing with that part of it..  Everyone should call, but the reality is those bills have got less than a month to pass before they’re gone.. Just my take on why McConnell isn’t acting on them.. 

Does not mean you shouldn’t 

1 hour ago, Kawi7 said:

1 hour ago, Kawi7 said:

36 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

Everyone should call, but the reality is those bills have got less than a month to pass before they’re gone.. Just my take on why McConnell isn’t acting on them.. 

It's been sitting in the Senate for a year. McConnell has had plenty of time to bring it to vote.

22 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

How many times have you called?

or mailed letters?

Only once to McConnell on reciprocity .. I admit I haven’t done enough with it..

19 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

It's been sitting in the Senate for a year. McConnell has had plenty of time to bring it to vote.

I gave my take why I thought he wasn’t moving with it..  He usually doesn’t bring bills to the floor for a vote unless he already has spoken to the other Republican Senators to know if he has the votes to pass it

Yet they vote a-holes like Cortez in which has absolutely no clue what economics are nor anything else on the planet. The demtards are backing their own puppets to brainwash their ways in.

As for who is kicking in doors or not. It won’t be anything lower than state police. If it does happen, it will be task forces from state or Homeland Sec.

Further, anything in upper brass are in deed mostly, (mind you I said mostly), politicians. They gave up being street cops and caring long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you Bob, it gall's me that we can be treated like felon's overall, and second class citizen's vs cops/r-cop/etc., but if the supreme's don't start taking 2A cases, they aren't going to do us any good...I doubt they will be taking this case, unfortunately. Many of my mags are now in VA, I doubt I'll ever see them again unless I move to a free state (no plan anytime soon)...

What's next? 5R bill, nah, not for a while anyway, that is one that likely will fail in the courts, even with lefty judges, they passed a 7r law in NY or NYC (don't remember if it was just the city or the entire state) a few years ago which was reversed by the courts...Internet ammo ban/registration, very possibly, and to me this is even worse than 10R limit overall. If one shoots their glock once or twice a year, maybe not a big deal, but for so called enthusiasts, with many guns and a lot of shooting, this is a big deal for a lot of reasons. NRA is fighting the Internet ammo ban in CA now, some wins and losses, don't know the latest.