tbtrout

What is your technical ability?

I am just curios. I see a lot of people joining the forum and am wondering if you like to tinker.

Short of machining parts out of metal, I try to do everything myself. I do my own trigger jobs. I have built a 1911. What can/do you do?

What I consider minor engine work to the GTO.... carb swaps.... distributor curving.... intake work....

Completely rebuilt front and rear suspension from the frame out.... converted to Disc brakes...

Stripped completely and reassembled for complete paintjob....

My friends that are mechanics for a living, say I always sell myself short on my abilities...

as far as firearms..... they are still new to me.... I have done some work to my M&P....

I want to build an AR one day...

to much to list ,,, I work on everything !

I was a auto mechanic then a machinist in a R&D department then a desktop publisher/computer tec.

Now I'm a electrician .

I would rather be working on something then watching sports

And I will ad my spelling and grammer suck :icon_e_biggrin:

I don't think I need to mention how much I do, everyone knows already. On top of the firearms work, I worked as a mechanic for a couple of years. I am currently building a 67 Chevelle SS that is my money pit. I then worked avionics for am couple of years. I now am an electronics nerd on a remote controlled submarine on a drilling rig. Offshore you can't always get the Parts you need so you often make them. I have a degree in rigging it.

My expertise is in field medicine. I am also a Fire Fighter and am schooled in multiple forms of rescue; vehicle extrication, high angle, confined space, wilderness and water. I'm a diver. I started my private pilot but ran out of money, I can take off and fly - landing isn't my strong point.

I can do some work on vehicles, driveway mechanic type stuff. Some welding.

I can drive anything with wheels, at high speeds in heavy traffic.

I like to learn by doing and I have a couple project guns that I have learned on; stock work, checkering, rebluing, polishing, fitting parts, modifying parts, glass bedding and other similar tinkerings. I do not know how to machine my own parts.

Total gear head.

Enjoy computers and new age technology.

I love r/c's, electric and gas. From on road to off road to flight. I have on-road scale cars, corr trucks, helicopters and planes. I can't really do much with the hobby during the winter tho. Last winter i put together a $1000 f-16 electric jet, and i never got the time or balls to fly it, so this year i just put the money towards guns and ammo as i thought i didn't need another shelf queen. I just started getting into firearms, but im sure in no time i will be just a guru savvy. I'm mechanically inclined to say the least, i fixed my snow blower this year(thank god) with no experience working on such machines. But then again gas r/c's work pretty much the same. I dunno tho, u can find most of the do it your self stuff online now, so i would have to give credit to the fact that i find out how to do a lot of stuff online.

Project Engineer and teacher so that means I can't do squat! But I can tell you how to do it... :thsmiley_deadhorse:

I'm with Frank. Great at theory, lacking in execution.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

hmm... I can tinker, but sometimes get the big fail.

Have been known to work on olders cars with some success. Used to maintain a pair of SCCA 240Zs.

Can work on guns, but am not a machinist. More comfortable with handguns and shotguns. For some reasons rifles flumux me.

I can build but am better at rough frame then finish work. I am a lefty and lefty carpenters suck.

At work, computers and high tech geospatial technology, remote sensing and satellite imagery.

Posted earlier, but failed to mention my technical abilities beyond my machining abilities (or lack thereof).

I have training and experience with systems having to do with signals (EL/COM/IM/AS) manipulation; with database integration for multiple end user configurations. Experience with disseminating information in different formats as well.

Admittedly, I find the stuff kind of boring, but I don't take it for granted (as it was a lot of tax payer money!)