FreeNJ

The new gun law and transporting magazines

2 hours ago, mustang69 said:

AVB, that you refer to this that way at the same time you bemoan the cost of replacing your mags is sad.  The law isn't silly, it's downright SCARY!.  You and everyone else were about to be made overnight felons unless you got rid of or modified something you legally purchased.

Can you name a single instance in the rest of your life where this happened?  Did you find it "silly"?

The dems in this state keep spouting "reasonable" gun control, but that's simply a buzzword to them.  The word "reasonable" is vague - it has a different meaning to everyone.  I can guarantee what may be reasonable to you might be unresonable to someone else.  

Murphy campaigned on making NJ gun laws a model for the nation.  He does exactly what he said he would, and you describe it as "silly"?

Wake up.

@mustang69:

ok, you have a good point...

Silly Scary!

AVB-AMG

15 hours ago, Maksim said:

The same copies of pistol permits go to the State... so they do have them.

Yes, they can knock on the door to say hello... but they are not at all likely to get a warrant to seek out your handgun mags.

If the chief did come knock on the door... "Thank you for the information, have a nice day."

You don't have to respond to the question.

Of course, yes, most would be intimidating into asking but even still, word would get out very quickly.

Besides, if it takes 4 months to get your pistol permits, do you honestly think they have time to go door to door to "tell you the good news."

"Besides, if it takes 4 months to get your pistol permits, do you honestly think they have time to go door to door to "tell you the good news.""

It only takes 4 months  in MY town because they only have one officer  give any attention to it. And that officer seems to have the late shift, and lots of vacation time that seems to coincide with my pistol permit applications.

Just sayen,,,,,,,,

15 hours ago, Maksim said:

The same copies of pistol permits go to the State... so they do have them.

Yes, they can knock on the door to say hello... but they are not at all likely to get a warrant to seek out your handgun mags.

If the chief did come knock on the door... "Thank you for the information, have a nice day."

You don't have to respond to the question.

Of course, yes, most would be intimidating into asking but even still, word would get out very quickly.

Besides, if it takes 4 months to get your pistol permits, do you honestly think they have time to go door to door to "tell you the good news."

"Besides, if it takes 4 months to get your pistol permits, do you honestly think they have time to go door to door to "tell you the good news.""

It only takes 4 months  in MY town because they only have one officer  give any attention to it. And that officer seems to have the late shift, and lots of vacation time that seems to coincide with my pistol permit applications.

Just sayen,,,,,,,,

2 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

Just sayen,,,,,,,,

Just sayen,,,,,,,,

Heh, then I was lucky... always got permits in about 14 days. 

• Like 1

Just now, 345Sire said:

Must be all that clean livin'? ;)

Just a good town.  Here is the thing though, the Detective in charge of pistol permits... himself was generally anti-gun... but he respected the rights and got things processed very quickly. 

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

Just a good town.  Here is the thing though, the Detective in charge of pistol permits... himself was generally anti-gun... but he respected the rights and got things processed very quickly. 

I'd ask what town, but I truly don't want to relocate from one part of this state to another.

But, I appreciate that this detective was a fair-minded individual.

48 minutes ago, 345Sire said:

I'd ask what town, but I truly don't want to relocate from one part of this state to another.

But, I appreciate that this detective was a fair-minded individual.

Nor should you.  They can easily change.

This is why when applying for permits, just request 10 to 12 anyway.  Worst case, you burn a few permits at $2 a piece.  Best case, you apply for exemption from OGAM.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maksim said:

Nor should you.  They can easily change.

This is why when applying for permits, just request 10 to 12 anyway.  Worst case, you burn a few permits at $2 a piece.  Best case, you apply for exemption from OGAM.

If I had the money, space, AND approval from boss lady, I'd consider doing something like that. 

Ohh, yeah, and time to figure out what the next dozen choices would be.  I tend to plod through the contemplation and research phase for each one. Call me cheap, or call me indecisive, but like my Milwaukee recip saw and 1/2 inch corded drill, I tend to keep my tools 4ever.