SJG

Percentage of Gun Ownership Per State

2 minutes ago, Sniper22 said:

On Opera I can click on the next button and while picture changes, the state/caption stays the same. lol.

Screen caps:

ABSTRACT
We assessed gun ownership rates in 2013 across the
USA and the association between exposure to a social
gun culture and gun ownership. We used data from a
nationally representative sample of 4000 US adults,
from 50 states and District of Columbia, aged
>18 years to assess gun ownership and social gun firearm
policy information was obtained from the Brady Law
Center and Injury Prevention and Control Center.

gun1.jpg

gun2.jpg

https://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/injuryprev/early/2015/06/09/injuryprev-2015-041586.full.pdf?keytype=ref&ijkey=doj6vx0laFZMsQ2

I think these numbers are way off.  I doubt they are even as high as they indicate in NJ and I bet they are much higher than stated in FL.  In six months I have only met two people that don't have guns here in Florida.

• Like 1

I don't believe the numbers.  Anyone that has spent extensive time in some of those states would know.  I have in Colorado, South Dakota, Virginia, Kentucky, Montana and a lot in Maine.   Guns are everywhere.  They're a way of life.  South Dakota supports two Cabela's with a population of less than a million people.  In Montana I shopped an AR in an Ace Hardware right next to the paint and ladders.  Not even locked up. I was up in Maine for Thanksgiving and it sounded like a war zone.

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Bogus poll as usual 

This^^^^^

Where are they getting their numbers? An all-encompassing database violates federal law and anything less is only partial and thus inaccurate. Maybe from NICS requests - but that does not mean a firearm was purchased. Polls? Who of you out there would answer a random pollster as to whether you owned guns? Plus, they can't poll everybody, meaning there would have to be extrapolation. This is all BS.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

Just now, Pizza Bob said:

This^^^^^

Where are they getting their numbers? An all-encompassing database violates federal law and anything less is only partial and thus inaccurate. Maybe from NICS requests - but that does not mean a firearm was purchased. Polls? Who of you out there would answer a random pollster as to whether you owned guns? Plus, they can't poll everybody, meaning there would have to be extrapolation. This is all BS.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I ain’t sayen shit to nobody!

21 minutes ago, Pizza Bob said:

Plus, they can't poll everybody, meaning there would have to be extrapolation.

That's what I would guess they did. They polled 4000 across the country. How were they selected, what demographic, gender, age, etc? We all know polls are designed to get the required result the person paying for them wants.

Honestly, even if this IS off, 30% ain't bad for gun OWNERS (Not necessarily those who support the right to own; i know about as many people in NJ who are "Pro-Gun" IE don't care, as i do actual gun owners). I believe the number in some of these states is higher too, like Delaware being dead last.. WTF? The rate there has to be higher than NJ. I Dont buy it.
In reality, id bet the numbers were closer to 40%. Pretty damn impressive, and certainly should deter most idiots given that over 100 million Americans are armed.
Also, given that most/many have multiple (many) firearms, not just one, wouldn't this also mean that the estimated 350 million guns in the US is closer to, like, a billion? Just sayin'.. Lol