5 minutes ago, xXxplosive said:

Then there's another fella with a radio pod cast who discusses giving classes here in NJ on CCL and who has a license to carry himself, not being LE, etc......maybe he could tell us how he did it.

That guy however actually does a lot for the gun community and the forum here. =) 

• Like 4

On 12/9/2018 at 9:16 AM, BobA said:

I'll be interested in this answer.  I know from a "situation" I had if your behind the wheel with the motor running you're operating the vehicle.  People who pull off to use their cell or sit in a parking lot can get nailed. They should exit the car.  But your own driveway? @High Exposure?  Or else I'll wait for some people to get their butts out of bed and make a call or two.  

DUI - 39:4-50 - is enforceable on private property. Yes, you can be arrested in your own driveway for driving impaired. Being in your driveway is not proof that you aren’t going to start the car up and drive off in your Intoxicated state. 

You need to prove three things to be found guilty of 39:4-50:

1) Intent to operate - yes, sitting in a car with the keys is enough for intent

2) Impairment

3) The impairment is due to intoxicating liquor or drugs

Here are some cheat sheets we use. Anything in light blue is enforceable on private property:

1iB0vTZ.jpg

I74UZZh.jpg

b9hmPXQ.jpg

My firearms attorney in PA is nothing like this. He is alert, inquisitive, accurate and aggressively defends the 2A. But not with stuff like this.

I should add that a half hour phone consultation was $100. As it turned out that included two more short phone conversations, and a couple emails to government officials on my behalf.

And I got results.

Edited by 45Doll
Additional comment
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, remixer said:

Did not know its illegal to drive with CD'S... I mean the technology is old but still relevant...

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 11.24.39 AM.jpg

Crap... that means I'm a felon every time I start my truck... :)

But I'll listen to that Rock and Roll 'till they take me away in cuffs.... "out of my cold, dead hands!"

• Like 1

I have for years held the opinion and made it well known here, that orgs like ANJRPC and the various NJwhatevers and lawyers like Nappen are all in cahoots with each other. Their goal is not to help gun rights in NJ, they lost that battle thirty years ago.

Instead they work with a group of various dealers and vebdors, scaring up a bunch of middle aged guys with good jobs and spending money to blow. Selling them overpriced compliance work, seminars to avoid laws that will not ever ensnare them, and out if state carry permits they will use maybe 1 day a year.

These same people enjoy massive salaries, and live/store their toys out if state and are largely unaffected themselves by NJ's gun laws. They don't ever want things to change because they would lose the six figure salaries, the ability to charge $125 for a spot weld, and book seminars to "build" and AR or learn about obscure sections of administrative code for hundreds of dollars.

Go ahead someone call me a you-know-what.

I still hope the first person arrested and imprisoned for a +10 magazine is a veteran or Fudd.

• Like 1

nobody is your friend but you. every single person has a motivation other then your interests, they may align with yours for mutual benefit, but no one does anything without advancing their own goals. for nappen its $. for anjrpc, nra etc, its $

EDIT:

man ive kept my head down the last few days, and im normally not online as much on the weekends. went to nappens page after posting here. I shouldn't have done that.

• Like 3

Wow there is a lot of wasted energy and time spent on this new 10 round limit.  We have precedent -- the 15 round limit that was imposed over 25 years ago.  Why does anyone think this will work any different?  Did the state conduct house to house searches for 20 round mags?  No.  Were there many prosecutions based on "high cap" magazines?  I'm not sure, but my sense is no.  Seems that most people that got charged with hi cap magazines were already involved in criminal activity with a very few random cases of completely innocent people that got ensnared by this.  Do you really think the state wants to prosecute a bunch of john q publics -- have doctors, lawyers, business owners, carpenters, etc with spotless records plastered in the papers facing 7 years in prison for owning a 14 round magazine that they owned for 20 years?  People should really calm down, stop talking about this, and do whatever one thinks appropriate.  It is highly, highly unlikely that this law becomes a problem for most people unless you do something stupid.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, SuRrEaLNJ said:

nobody is your friend but you. every single person has a motivation other then your interests, they may align with yours for mutual benefit, but no one does anything without advancing their own goals. for nappen its $. for anjrpc, nra etc, its $

EDIT:

man ive kept my head down the last few days, and im normally not online as much on the weekends. went to nappens page after posting here. I shouldn't have done that.

Being in something for money is not the issue... Money makes the world go round..... 
I understand it takes money to live and to fight BUT at least be honest... NJ guns laws are shit but no need to make them worse by posting idiotic shit...    No need to create scenarios that wont happen or make comparisons that are disgusting.

NJ Gun Law Sucks.... Our Taxes are way to high.... 
NJ is NOT by any means Nazi Germany and the comparison is just Ugh.

6 minutes ago, PDM said:

Wow there is a lot of wasted energy and time spent on this new 10 round limit.  We have precedent -- the 15 round limit that was imposed over 25 years ago.  Why does anyone think this will work any different?  Did the state conduct house to house searches for 20 round mags?  No.  Were there many prosecutions based on "high cap" magazines?  I'm not sure, but my sense is no.  Seems that most people that got charged with hi cap magazines were already involved in criminal activity with a very few random cases of completely innocent people that got ensnared by this.  Do you really think the state wants to prosecute a bunch of john q publics -- have doctors, lawyers, business owners, carpenters, etc with spotless records plastered in the papers facing 7 years in prison for owning a 14 round magazine that they owned for 20 years?  People should really calm down, stop talking about this, and do whatever one thinks appropriate.  It is highly, highly unlikely that this law becomes a problem for most people unless you do something stupid.

Were there many prosecutions based on "high cap" magazines?  I'm sure there was when that person came in contact with police for other reasons....  But NO ONE has ever had their door kicked open and arrested for having magazines only.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, remixer said:

Being in something for money is not the issue... Money makes the world go round.... 

No need to create scenarios that wont happen or make comparisons that are disgusting.

my point was that hes posting things like that to make sure the money keeps coming. ie, fear mongering for profit.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, remixer said:

Were there many prosecutions based on "high cap" magazines?  I'm sure there was when that person came in contact with police for other reasons....  But NO ONE has ever had their door kicked open and arrested for having magazines only.

Which has been my point exactly. This is a crime that gets added to charges, not investigated. People also forget the risk to LEO and civilians in search warrants.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

DUI - 39:4-50 - is enforceable on private property. Yes, you can be arrested in your own driveway for driving impaired. Being in your driveway is not proof that you aren’t going to start the car up and drive off in your Intoxicated state. 

You need to prove three things to be found guilty of 39:4-50:

1) Intent to operate - yes, sitting in a car with the keys is enough for intent

2) Impairment

3) The impairment is due to intoxicating liquor or drugs

Here are some cheat sheets we use. Anything in light blue is enforceable on private property:

1iB0vTZ.jpg

I74UZZh.jpg

b9hmPXQ.jpg

disagree on point #1; what if I wanted to turn the heat on?  I get for 99% of the time that is not true but that 1% is the issue and too many officers do not use judgement here.  'Arrest them and let the lawyers figure it out' is something I've heard more than once.

I hate the whole 'intent' laws as it gets to thought policing.

1 hour ago, PDM said:

that's not the point although I agree.  the point is it's an absurd law with no merit for being put in place and that should NOT be allowed.

3 hours ago, xXxplosive said:

Then there's another fella with a radio pod cast who discusses giving classes here in NJ on CCL and who has a license to carry himself, not being LE, etc......maybe he could tell us how he did it.

He already explained to us how he got it.