You can’t be ticketed for using a cell phone anywhere while parked. Law specifies handheld phone while driving.

You can either pull over to answer or use a hands free device... both comply with the law in how it is written.
This is correct also can't be ticketed for activating or deactivating a function which includes answering it as long as it is immediately put into hands free mode. This was decided by NJ Appeals Court.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Newtonian said:

If anyone who knows anything about me ever wonders why I no longer post in this sewer of imbecilic incivility, look no further than this post. Next time I know something (like Pennsylvania about to make your N.H. and Utah nonresident permits worthless), or think of something that might help,  I'll be sure to keep it to myself.

I believe you misread his comment here.  He was agreeing with you.  

3 minutes ago, capt14k said:

This is correct also can't be ticketed for activating or deactivating a function which includes answering it as long as it is immediately put into hands free mode. This was decided by NJ Appeals Court.

Interesting.  I know off topic... but...

Can you drive and have your phone in a hands free device or say on the dash and watch a movie while driving? er... have a movie playing while driving. 

21 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Let's be adults and keep personal attacks from public sections. =)  Keep it off at least in the 1st Amendment Lounge. =)

Thanks. 

This thread has gone in every direction, except positive. 

• Like 1

Can you drive and have your phone in a hands free device or say on the dash and watch a movie while driving? er... have a movie playing while driving. 

Yes
This thread has gone in every direction, except positive. 

I think it’s been positive and sorta stayed in topic
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maksim said:

Im not sure if you can, I had a DVD player headunit put in my last car yeaars ago, 2005, and they were requires by law to hardwire the DVD function into the handbrake. It only worked when pulled. Now of course they showed me how to twist two wires together to  bypass it... So I'm.not sure how that law they were required to follow might fit in here.

https://nj.gov/lps/hts/phone_down_overview.html

This all falls under distracted driving.

If it doesn’t cause an accident...

I had a coworker that used to do that, with his phone in front of the speedometer. Would drive with helpers, who let my boss know. So... I was forced to add that in the new iteration of our handbook. The employee may still do it, but not with anyone else in the truck, as it is classified as a “safety violation.” Those are grounds for termination... or so I was instructed to set the rules up for them. It’s sad I had to specifically had to put that in the handbook... but not as bad as “employees are not allowed to place an extension ladder on the roof of their truck to gain additional reach.”

I do manage our fleet, so in charge of anywhere between 18 and 24 vehicles on the road. Talking on the phone, without a hands free device, when a Trooper is standing in a tollbooth... you get stopped (actually, he didn’t get ticketed... but was due to his license being suspended for not turning in plates, and Trooper had a heart that it was BS). Headset clearly visible, with phone in your hand... you get stopped/ticketed (another Trooper, this time in Farmingdale). Stopped on the side of Route 18, hazards on and phone to ear... Marlboro PD just checks to make sure you aren’t broken down. All examples I’ve dealt with at work... the last one was me, personally.

But I digress... if people are still interested in that, definitely an idea for a new thread.

Just now, ChrisJM981 said:

Can we please get back on topic and discuss the self promoting bag of hot air and his fund raising scare tactics?

Yes!  Thanks Chris!

So yes... I do now feel his comments are self serving.  As a Jew however, I also a bit pissed off he is comparing a 10 round mag limit to Nazis going door to door to kill you. 

11 minutes ago, Kawi7 said:

The basic topic of Maksims thread ^^^ 

The answer appears to be yes based on members posting...

This actually surprised me a bit.

The reason why is that on Facebook, most of the posts were complete and utter support, the few dissenting opinions were quickly suppressed and people attacked by gun owners.

Yet here... it seems to be quite the opposite.

So what's different?

1 minute ago, Maksim said:

This actually surprised me a bit.

The reason why is that on Facebook, most of the posts were complete and utter support, the few dissenting opinions were quickly suppressed and people attacked by gun owners.

Yet here... it seems to be quite the opposite.

So what's different?

We're more rebellious? ;)

44 minutes ago, Maksim said:

i told a leo friend of mine about a car i'd seen in front of me. the guy had his phone on a dash mounted holder. he wasn't holding it. sitting at the traffic light though, he was texting on it. i sat there and watched him. asked if he could've been ticketed for that. answer was yes.

I want to  know why like everything else in this state the people that supposedly represent us come always along with a price tag.....they all make money on us capitalizing on this Fear Mongering in one way or another.....and we all go along with it. There's another side to this that few are willing to discuss....OMO.

So yes... I do now feel his comments are self serving.  As a Jew however, I also a bit pissed off he is comparing a 10 round mag limit to Nazis going door to door to kill you.

If I remember correctly, Nappen is Jewish (not saying it is an excuse for his comment). I was going to touch on it earlier, but to me, it is like he is grandstanding a terrible part of history for his own personal gain. If the “all powerful/wise” Nappen says it is Kristallnacht, maybe we should buy his $60 book/go to his seminar? Kind of sad, if you ask me.

I wouldn’t expect being Christian (myself) as a reason to feel differently for his BS, but think most get disgusted that another person actually said that. That was an early part of a period of history that millions of people were killed because of their religion. Let’s actually think before we post something like that.

I’ve made a connection to anti-gun legislation to the Nazi use of gun control to better carry out the Holocaust... but it isn’t the same as his dumb post. I’m against gun control, not because I think Murphy is Hitler and Grewal is Himmler... but because I view them as the Weimar Republic before their rise to power. All of the registration and the foundation of German gun control was established prior to Hitler coming to power... by people wanting to make Germany a “safer place.” When the Nazis came in, they had the addresses of who registered their firearms... and if you fit into their group of people they didn’t want to own firearms, you turned them in or were arrested/killed.

Gun control is an issue most of us have with the government now... because we had 15 rounders for years, then made felons 180 days after the stroke of a pen. But it is an issue for everyone 20 years down the line, when this utopia gets a “Hitler” in power, and nobody is able to stop him. Murphy is just laying down the carpet for someone like that... and it is the idea why the Second Amendment was even thought of in the first place.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kawi7 said:

Maybe the members posting see through the BS!

No .. here he has no control ... on Facebook he can surround himself with his groupies.  If anyone lashes out they get removed from his friends list and he can then ban them where they cant even comment on his posts anymore.  

Yes!  Thanks Chris!

Your a jew?

Just kidding I knew this . Yea as a Jew it pissed me off as well

Pretty sure you can not. That falls under a different law regarding disracted driving. Kind of like the fuzzy dice on rearview mirror. I would have to check though to be sure. The cell phone court case I knew inside and out because I used it to beat a cell phone ticket.

I get him trying to rally the base of gun owners here in NJ .. I applaud him for that ... although at times he does seem more interested in the $$ to be earned... however in some of his latest posts .. he is choosing the wrong words to use.   Rallying people is all well and good with the facts and stuff.. but this fear mongering crap has got to go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kawi7 said:

Maybe the members posting see through the BS!

I don't disagree. I was only half-joking. There's a psychology to different audiences... Facebook is a sharing place where you collect friends and are generally not anonymous... a Forum is anonymous and people can be more blunt and freewheeling. Oops! As I'm typing, I see Lakota above is saying the same thing! Great minds thinking alike, LOL.

Seriously though... different communications vehicle = different results. Anonymity can be a negative, but it also has its plusses.

• Like 2

If I remember correctly, Nappen is Jewish (not saying it is an excuse for his comment). I was going to touch on it earlier, but to me, it is like he is grandstanding a terrible part of history for his own personal gain. If the “all powerful/wise” Nappen says it is Kristallnacht, maybe we should buy his $60 book/go to his seminar? Kind of sad, if you ask me.

I wouldn’t expect being Christian (myself) as a reason to feel differently for his BS, but think most get disgusted that another person actually said that. That was an early part of a period of history that millions of people were killed because of their religion. Let’s actually think before we post something like that.

I’ve made a connection to anti-gun legislation to the Nazi use of gun control to better carry out the Holocaust... but it isn’t the same as his dumb post. I’m against gun control, not because I think Murphy is Hitler and Grewal is Himmler... but because I view them as the Weimar Republic before their rise to power. All of the registration and the foundation of German gun control was established prior to Hitler coming to power... by people wanting to make Germany a “safer place.” When the Nazis came in, they had the addresses of who registered their firearms... and if you fit into their group of people they didn’t want to own firearms, you turned them in or were arrested/killed.

Gun control is an issue most of us have with the government now... because we had 15 rounders for years, then made felons 180 days after the stroke of a pen. But it is an issue for everyone 20 years down the line, when this utopia gets a “Hitler” in power, and nobody is able to stop him. Murphy is just laying down the carpet for someone like that... and it is the idea why the Second Amendment was even thought of in the first place.

He might be Jewish but all it proves is not all our people are sane.

Facebook he controls the narrative. Here he does not. There may have been more dissent on his post but he could simply delete it. Nappen, Bach, and every FFL in leadership roles of 2A organizations need to go. What is good for them is bad for us.

• Like 2